Fenris Crash - Unexpected Error

Report ID: A972EC7B-1676-4B3A-94FF-13E8380EFCA5

I have tried everything to get this game to stop crashing !!!

• changing monitor FPS dropping down to 60.
  • selecting Low, Medium, and High setting. ( none worked)
  • changing DisableChromaEffects “0” to “1” in the localprefs doc
  • turning off my XMP, changing XMP profiles from default to 1 and 2
  • deleting the diablo4 folder and reinstalling the game
  • adjusting firewall setting and widows defender
  • rolling back my nvidia drivers

I am very close to refunding this game… Is there a fix for this or are people that just have this error screwed ?

4 Likes

I feel you man, i did exactly like you’ve done. same result… still crash.

and the other probs is. I requested for refund. and they said I played more than 2 hours already. ( 2 hours of torture ) play for 5 mins then crash,

guess we’re screwed

2 Likes

Same here. No Refund without PLAYING it on my Computer even once …

2 Likes

Brothers im having the same problems… Already posted to get this issue more visibility but i dont see any progress anywhere.

I also tried every single tip that u mentioned, even update the bios but nothing worked, also in the beta i had any problem and the game went smooth beside the server problems.

I hope blizzard listen to us and do something about this problem couse is not about pc specs or something. We paid a good amount of money for this game and is very frustating to be on this situation…

Peace everyone

1 Like

Same problem for me. It crashes immediately on startup (what seems to be character/class select I think) every time.

I meet the specs with some margin, have the latest driver and bios, tried going for low quality settings, 60hz etc.

Nothing helps and it’s getting really frustrating. Is someone looking into this or should we just give up and request refund?

I have went so far as to mess with the RegEdit - i have still no idea why it crashes. I made sure my bench-marked OC was set properly without artifacts appearing and the temps were good.

I honestly think this is on Blizzards end and they are on hush mode because they don’t know what is causing the issue or they know what is causing it and working to fix it but have yet to yield any results.

I have the same problem, blizzard does not answer any kind of fix. Fenris Error all the time. This is maddening

1 Like

They wont let me refund this. I played not ONE SECOND with my Laptop but logged in through a Xbox of a Friend of mine. Never again!

1 Like

I have the exact same scenario and it is maddening. I have tried every single step mentioned in this and other threads, as well as all those recommended by Blizzard, except reinstalling Windows 11.

This is a new, home-built PC (spec below) finished a bit over 2 months ago. No overclocks (except XMP). All drivers are the latest. It handled the Server Slam with zero issues, liquid smooth and efficient. At release it worked pretty well but was crashing intermittently. And now, I can’t move a character two steps without crashing.

Nothing has changed on my PC. I am able to do long flights with MSFS 2020 with zero issues. MSFS 2020 is the heaviest load on my PC of all the applications I run, and it slices through it like a hot knife through butter. GW2 runs like a gem as well. It is very tough to believe there are any issues with this PC. I am at a loss as to what to do next except wait for D4 patches. Very disappointing.

PC Specs : i9-13900K | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

Same issue here. I’ve tried everything Blizz recommends in their list of suggestions, and have since filed a support ticket. Only difference for me from the other posts here is the crashing only started after the hotfix on Jun 9, before that things ran as smooth as could be expected. If I get a reply back on my ticket and they help me solve it, I’ll add the notes in this thread.

Have you tried to disable XMP to see if that works for you?

Yes, as well as switching XMP profile 1 and 2.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.