Endgame is unfun from a level 100 perspective

God forbid people expect a multi billion dollar company with a 25 year history of making these games and 1000+ devs working on their game to have more content than a dev studio of less than 200 people at game launch when they are charging $70 for it.

1 Like

For me its been a slog since around lvl 70 (im 86 now). The only thing that keeps me going is that i want to try Lillith fight. And the occasional gear upgrades, like 2200dps weapon at 70, 2500 at 79 and then few other pieces. But now im almost on bis gear, minus better rolls, so i wont have even that for a while anymore.

Ive been alt tabbing every few dungeons to check forums or something, or listening to Kripp for 1:30h about sorc (which i dont care about) in the background, so i dont go insane doing same thing over and over. It must have been hundreds of nightmare dungeons at this point and they are pretty much all the same.

Helltide is done only if i need mats, Tree is skipped, Legion even more so, world boss i do if i happen to notice its up.
I hope theres something coming in the season 1, but if its just world tier 5, with new celestial or whatever gear, it wont be a solution here

1 Like

Haha so true, stupid AF

Why are you defending it? Enjoy being ffed by bliz?
Blitzing to 100 or not, once you’ve done the campaign and all the side things like world bosses, Legion and Nightmare dungeons, there is literally nothing to do past level 50. There is nothing to be excited for once you’ve done all that. Once you’re around level 50, you’ve experienced everything there was and will ever be until they add something new in the seasons. There is nothing to do in the ARPG, and that’s annoying as hell!

It’s strange that ur xp bar is getting bigger, but the xp per hour u can earn stays the same in any activity.

This means the higher u get, the more punishing it gets to level…
If u do a NM 20, u’ll get the same xp as a NM 50.
Yet one takes lets say 5 min while the other takes 15 min.
How is there no xp multiplier set in place for this stuff. Or an end dungeon xp earning…

To make it even worse, a normal T4 dungeon gives the same XP as a NM 50 dungeon (except for the glyph xp)

I agree that farming a normal dungeon doing 18-22million xp an hour is a bit overkill.
But shouldn’t nightmares from a certain point give u 10-15 million an hour?
Which translates in 1-1.5 hour to gain a level untill level 95ish?

Ofcourse if ur 70 and can do a 40 NM on ur own , well u earn that big xp chunk. If u go with a friend thats 20 levels higher it should decrease the XP ur getting by X %.
Blizzard doesnt even have to invent this, its already in place in other games. Just use brain?

Yeah, I feel like changing the density in normal dungeons just aint going to cut it. People will flock to the next one.

I mean, I created second character, when my main hit 70. Coincidence? :smiley: Yeah, at some point it just gets too slow and grindy. I still cope that XP bonus from BP during season and introduction of WT5 for even more XP bonus and much needed drop rate boost, will help a lot. We’ll see I guess. I might take a short break from the game between now and S1, but although I have plenty to complain about right now, I’m showing up for S1 100%.

1 Like

Every ARPG stands on 2 pillars: Combat and Loot Hunt. In D4 the second one just isn’t there. This is the core fault of this game.

1 Like

Oh, you rushed to the endgame in a seasonal game before seasons are out? I didn’t see that coming, but thankfully there are people who do enjoy rushing and then voicing opinions so that others who don’t rush can look at them and think “Man, I’m glad I didn’t do that and just play the game like the filthy casual I am”

My sorc also hit 100 and i really dont know what i am even supposed to do with it now. Exp was kind of the only carrot on the stick i found in this game. Finding an upgrade to my 819 weapon is not gonna happen and stuff like shako doesnt drop anyway. They really didnt build a nice treadmill here.

1 Like

to be fair, reaching lvl 100 is hardly an achievement. the time per level stays pretty flat in the end.

The items’ power-level spread is too wide, it needs to be narrower and offer items with higher power levels than your current average power level. 99% of the items we find we either don’t pick-up, we sell, or we reduce. There isn’t a whole lot of enjoyment coming from the items to be quite frank. Is it possible that we miss a potential upgrade? Yes, absolutely. We are being trained to ignore most of the items because they rarely are an upgrade. So naturally, sticking to your guns for the 1% of items is a hard pre-disposition to keep up with.

For instance, my wand is power level 809. The number of ancestral/legendary wands that I have found with higher power level than 809 is almost non-existent. I mostly obtain wands power level 700-760ish at level 84. Same story for my off-hand focus. It goes to say that going for a staff instead of a main-hand + off-hand combination is easier, but not necessarily better.

We would be more incentivised if gear that dropped were in the power level range [current item power level - 5, current item power level + 2], with a chance of pushing the upper bound between +5 and + 10 (up to the maximum power level).

As it currently stands, on average the item power level of items we find is worse than what we currently have equipped. We feel it, and it’s horrible.

1 Like

This is very true. If I can summarize, the gears/item level for 80 - 100 (or even NMD post T50) should be better, or have the potential to be better than 70 lvl gears.

I gotta concur. The honeymoon was extremely short for D4 in comparison to the multitude of other titles I’ve played.

Not only that, despite being the shortest, it was my most expensive honeymoon with a game to date! ($100)

first off you crit my eye balls with wall o text - mega damage. Sorry can’t read all that.

But I can say from your topic head line the game is “unfun” from what you are saying at end game. Another person would say you are not in end game yet: thats seasons. You are in…uh…pre end game?

There has been 0 indication yet, that seasons add any form of endgame activities. Hopefully Blizzard will announce them soon.
Currently seasons mean starting from 0 with additional buffs from the battle pass.

As someone who always has alts, and played a lot of seasons in D3, there’s no way in hell I’m grinding another class to 100. I’m one and done in D4 and I’m already very annoyed that I choose necro since it is nothing like previous necros. I’m already too high level to start another class, so I have to begrudgingly see it through.

It’s like having to work a job I dislike, except I paid to be there…

Pretty much. The minions are garbage, they don’t even interact with some uniques like Fist of Fate, and because they take up 2 slots to summon, necro gamepkay is mindnumbingly boring as one slot has to go to blood mist to survive getting frozen/corraled.

That leaves you with 3 free skill slots, one has to be a weak generator that does 700 damage while your bone spear is doing 40k. The other is a curse, often Decrepify because Iron Maiden is garbo.

It’s ridiculously boring gameplay. And the bosses outside Uber Lillith are a joke.

Then I just came out of a NMD with an affix where a blood stone follows you and tries to smash you for the entire dungeon. It triggers like every 4 seconds.

Because of how sprawling dungeons and how much backtracking there is, you gotta look at the map all the time sonce there is no map overlay. But the stone tries to smack you while you wanna look at the map.

Horrible design. Clearly no QA touched this for long.

1 Like

Though long, this post hits the nail on the head.

I’m level 97 right now and ever since 80 I’ve felt like all I want to do at this point is hit 100 so I can stop playing. Nightmare dungeons are a joke. Really all we do at 100 is level glyphs. Are you serious!?

I’m at the point where I’ve started thinking that if they made a new expansion for D3 it would have been more enjoyable than this game. I’m actually considering playing season 29 of D3 after experiencing this poor derivative they’re trying to call a Diablo game.

So deeply disappointing.

1 Like

I feel like this is how it should have gone for the gameplay. 50-70 tier 3, 70-90 tier 4, 90-100 tier 5 (higher chances of ancestrial gear) Than lvl 100 I think end game. New end game activity . Layer of hell push through . Maybe like every 5-10 lvls a boss appear kill boss . Progress . Game gets harder. Also lvl 100 new armour appears one step above ancestrial. I also think either new uniques to classes should appear or get this. Modifications to legendaries. So hammer of ancients one. You find a modifier you tag onto the legendary that increases the shockwave size or changes the legendary all together. Maybe hammer of the ancients doesn’t cause shockwave but now giant chasm of fire that open the ground shooting out into all directions hitting moba of guys. Any ideas on that . A way to increase the legendaries we already have by making them stronger or changing them all together.

Also the layers of hell thing. Like maybe you fight single bosses every 5 lvl and fight like 2 paired bosses like in d3 every 10 or 20 levels of the dungeon . Combination fights . Different mechanics or affixes to deal with on the fights . This is where you could farm the legendary modifications that change your legendary powers to like an even stronger legendary. Maybe call them corrupted legendaries.
They could maybe even have a negative effect on them while giving you a buff to your abilities . Kinda like it’s giving you power but taking away other stats.