Enchant is poorly enacted

Okay, so I finally broke down and decided to try enchanting at the occultist vendor. Thankfully I did the experiment on an item I didn’t care about.
So, unless I missed something, you pay a bunch of mats and money to replace one thing with another thing, with no info, you get to choose between keeping what you had, or one of two other choices that you can’t see until you pay the mats+money.

Sounds like it is worthless, so just grind for what you want and ignore the money sink. This whole system is complete trash.

5 Likes

Don’t forget that one of those two choices can also be what is already on the item and if you chose not to change the mats are still used.

So you are spending mats no matter what and may only get one other option.

Yeah, it’s D3 style enchanting, but worse. I tried it, sure, 7k for a gamble on a rare item. The next roll 30k+ change… ummmmmm nope.
If it incremented at a fair rate, rather than exorbitant, then perhaps I’d use it a bit more. As it stands- I’ll probably roll once on an item to see if I can’t get a decent thing before imprint, if not, try the next piece of gear I’ve farmed up. Sure it’s tedious, but I sure as hells don’t have gold to blow on that.

2 Likes

Gold prices in general are beyond ridiculous in this one. I get that they are trying to make gold actually matter but they went overboard.

They made gold matter enough that it isn’t worth spending.

It matters enough to spend, but not enough to waste on re rolls :rofl:
It’s funny in a way.

That’s right, I forgot, spend gold to blend gems… when do we get t3 gems?

I didn’t get access to blending 3rd tier gems till lv40….

Need some time to adjust from D3 economy where you wouldn’t even flinch at 3-4 million gold in order to get that perfect stat roll. Most of us are still in the early game where gold choices matter. I’ve heard we have fat stacks again at endgame only the respec costs are high so you choose between equipment rolls or that.

Or maybe the third town?

The Occulist is Genius. Pure Genius. Seriously. It allows you to potentially gate yourself from content. Think about it. You get an item that YOU know is a solid upgrade. It just needs to roll a affix a certain way. Until it does. You can’t do anything with it! Genius! You could just throw the item away but nope! Even if you do, it increases the time it takes to upgrade. Think on it

If you want to use an item that relies on the last affix being right, your build is broken

Blizzards way of making gold sellers relevant