Druid is strong, super strong

Uh, he’s talking about applying aspects from dungeons…When you apply them to rare items, the item becomes Legendary. Basically at least half of the items he’s using are rare drops, not legendary drops. If you think getting a few decent rare drops and applying the easily obtainable aspects from dungeons is difficult to reproduce than you’re going to be severely disappointed when the game goes live and everyone has legendary items except you lol.

Nvm would of helped if I knew how to read “While remaining healthy”

I think they should just be palette swaps of one another to keep everything fair.

1 Like

Necromancer drops off around 20 if you’re using a skeleton/corpse explosion build. They start dying to elites and bosses a lot easier while your overall damage, relative to to the health of enemies, becomes a much lower %. Not that they aren’t good, but they start to feel significantly worse as you get higher in level. They also just don’t feel right in general because there aren’t enough skill keys to use all of the skills you’d want to use as a Summon based Necromancer.

1 Like

@yGKeKe What’s the difference between Unique and Legendary in this context? I figured it just meant you can’t have two of that item equipped if they’re a ring or 1-hand weapon. Anything else as far as I recall is self-limiting in that regard.

I fully understand how that works and that’s completely besides the point.

1.8k lmfao petty and weak for something like a bear!

What’s the difference? In my experience, “unique” just means you can’t equip more than 1. That’s nothing special unless it’s a ring or 1-hand weapon. A barbarian can’t dual wield Greatswords.

some people are saying drop rates are inflated for the beta but I have seen no confirmation of this.

I do hope so thou

Dunno man if they are im most unlucky/lucky guy in this game. Till 25lvl i did drop only 1 Leg item xD

Uniques are supposed to be much rarer and much more powerful in how they affect your character. They are the top tier item in the game atm.

LOL Kinda like 4th edition D&D was? People seem to forget that being good at one thing means being not-so-great at something else. Thus you have preferences and variations.
“I’m a caster!” :smiley: “I cast Magic Missile at the Darkness”

1 Like

Yes, other classes like Sorc and Necro already have Youtube videos up of hitting for over 100k. That seems about right…Druids are about 2% of the other classes lol.

Of course you’ll be able to find several OP builds for the Druid specially at endgame, but the thing is that you play lvl 1-25 with other classes, and they already feel better, without the need of finding a super build.

With the sorc you can spam 2 hydras + fireball passive and it literally wipes everything 2 screens away. Or you can use chain lighting which just jumps from foe to foe, wiping the screen in no time.

With the necro you can just AFK let the minions entertain everyone while you maintain the corpse explosion pressed, or you can either spam blood magic or bone magic.

Druid may get to the numbers at some point, but in the meantime, it doesn’t feel good. I was trying a caster/pet druid, and it just doesn’t work.

1 Like

I’ve got 25 druid with 3.5-4K overpowers when on full fortify. It’s definitely tankier than the other characters but damage per second is considerably lower.

The really high burst is very cool but it took a lot to get it there and if you look at builds with similar investment by other classes they are comparatively much higher.

I think druid is ok but I think seems strong requires you to compare it to the other classes then it’s not too strong.

Maybe there is a specific build that’s actually pretty strong that I’m not aware of but what I’ve played so far has Druid as the weakest starter (still fine to play though)

Uniques are literally unique. The stats are fixed, while legendaries have random stats and the “Unique affix” is much stronger than the legendary version of the same affix.

For clarification, I mean the item will always have the same stat, IE it will always have attack speed. There’s still a range that the stat can roll into though, so not every unique is “perfect.”

And ofc, as you said, they decided to make them…unique equips in that you can only use one unique at a time.

You know this is no MMORPG ? :stuck_out_tongue:

Al classes are super strong on the second to the lowest difficulty in early game. D4 is not supposed to crush you right off the gate.

First of all. There are no uniques in the beta because uniques can’t even drop until World Tier III.

Secondly, just because you have a bunch of Legendary Items that makes the Druid decent doesn’t mean that the druid is a good class. He’s not, he’s terrible.

Third, you can’t even get use Legendary Aspects until level 25 if it’s not your first character.

Also, as it is right now. Legendary items drop in far greater numbers than will be at launch. So good luck building a decent druid without any legendaries.

1 Like

Necro rogue and sorc aren’t forced to face tank for resource generation either.