Dominate glyph vs. Bone Breaker node

Did Dominate get nerfed? I don’t remember reading the part that said “After not overpowering for 30 seconds” and I thought it was just an extra overpower every 30 seconds. But if I am reading it right, that will never trigger because Bone Breaker gives me an overpower every 12 seconds.

I always got the mace one with 30x overpower instead

It’s always been like that since beta. If you have a spare glyph slots while not using other means of gaining overpower, dominate might be useful.

Dominate is garbage. An Overpower once every 30 seconds is not worth any sort of Overpower investment. Even if it just gave you Overpower every 30 seconds regardless, it still would be bad.

Would be better if Dominate was changed to be x Damage to Crowd Controlled Enemies with the Bonus Power being Increase Crowd Control Duration by 40%.

Bone breaker is better, however many people take both because for Dominate, you are just looking for the Overpower increase, it’s secondary will never trigger if you have both.

They changed it once, but they need to again cause it’s not great since so many builds go after Bone Breaker.

What is strange is I notice the little Dominate icon up a lot, so it seems like it works. I just don’t know what the bone breaker icon looks like. I wonder if one overwrites the other?

All forms of Overpower reset the ICD of Dominate granting you Overpower. Once you have gained Overpower from Dominate, it should not be overwritten by another source like Bonebreaker but honestly I have not tested that out yet. Can just sit at Training Dummy and see. Use an OP and see which buff gets consumed or if one precludes the other.

The way Dominate is structured however, it has a 30 second cooldown to give you an Overpower buff. If you Overpower within that 30 second window, it resets the clock. Bonebreaker on the other hand is sort of like how Skills with Charges work. Every 12 seconds you gain an Overpower Charge. The maximum count of Charges is 1.

Dominate is mandatory if OPbis the primary source of dmg. It is the +OP % you are after, the 30sec bonus is just a side thing

used to spec into Bone breaker too but found out it gets consumed by basic attack.

Have since removed it and spec the spare points into kther more useful areas