Do you do side quests or just rush campaign?

During beta it didn’t really matter I’d imagine.
But now, is there a point in rushing?

did sidequest for the extra potion in every area.
then i rushed to Act IV for the mount.

No need to rush at all. I am doing all dungeons, missions, alters etc for a zone before moving on. Currently, level 46 and I have not finished act 1.

That’s just the way I want to play though, it’s not for everyone.

5 Likes

If you are not trying to be one of the first 1000 to have a valid entry to the Twitter contest for HC level 100, then take your time.

We have Seasons to rush later. Do every quest, turn over every rock, read the text on all the lore statues, pictures on a dungeon wall, runes on rocks. Stop and just look at the detail in the scenery.

The side quests open more side quests and provide a lot of backstory and richness. Listen to the dialog on all the NPCs, not just the main quest lines, but the side commentary. Go talk to non-quest givers too. Some have something to say that adds to the story or at least the general context/feeling.

For me, this is the best Diablo in 20 years and I am going to nibble and savor it. Also resting, eating well, stretching, etc. Not neglecting real life stuff so no stress there.

12 Likes

I wanted to take my time and do everything from sidequests to mini dungeons to actual dungeons to Strongholds but because the mount is locked behind so many hoops I’ve just rushed and still don’t have it unlocked.

In fact, the quest Oasis of Memories would’ve been the perfect time to get a mount because you have to run 1/4 to 1/2 the entire map just to get to that quest in Act 3. And Act 3 seems really long to me. Seems longer than Act 1 & 2 put together. The Oasis of Memories should’ve been Act 4 imo because we are now going into another map/zone.

Guess I’ll just start over and try to enjoy it after the tedious hoop jumping for mount. :frowning:

To each their own.

So, this is just me of course, but I did not find having the mount in Beta felt that interesting. I honestly forgot to use it most of the time because I was kicking urns and such anyway. Each to their own I guess.

I get that but since it is unlocked account wide and I play each character different and I don’t plan on taking my time for each of said classes only the first, well was suppose to be first, I wanted it unlocked as soon as possible so I have the option to use them or not. Just a me thing.

EDIT: Sometimes I get tired of fighting waves of enemies that I can’t just mow down and want to get from point A to point B as fast as possible. Again, just a me thing.

Im at about 80% on fractured peaks. I just startrd act 2 and im level 42. I need like 4 or 5 side quests in fractured peaks and a few more of the dungeons and cellars.

Run up to Act 4 for the mount, that is huge QoL. I beat the campaign in mid 30s now just leveling to close to 50 to finish the capstone.

1 Like

I started by rushing the campaign because I wanted the mount. Half way through, I stopped and did a bunch of side quests to clear my quest log.

No need to rush, especially on the first playthrough.

The main reason to do the campaign without deviation is to not loose track of the plot, IMO.

I’m doing all the things. I completed all the Renown I could for Fractured and left at level 24. On Act III now, just enjoying things.

1 Like

Not required at all. Good god, turn every rock and flower? Make sure you turn every single blade of grass while you’re at it.

You can easily just go through the campaign if you want. Stop telling people you need to farm end game end game end game end game end game.

Some people don’t even do end game. They just want to beat the game and that’s it, and wait for the expansion for more story.

Mind blown.

2 Likes

There is a rush! You really want to move to WT3 at lvl 50 because leveling after 50 is very slow and you need that 100% bonus exp from mobs.

Killing mobs at 50 lvl on WT2 gives you nearly nothing.

1 Like

the emphasis is the word “need.” you don’t need to do it. not everyone cares about rushing to the end of the game as fast as possible. side quests also encompass story, which some people still play games for :wink:

2 Likes

If the game wasn’t freezing every time I open a vendor, I’d be rushing the campaign.

The side quests I’ve seen so far aren’t interesting enough to want to grind out.

I did as much of the side quests as I could until Act 3 then i just wanted to see the story and do the rest later with my pony to help me get about.

I’m focusing on the main story with just a smidge of side quests… mostly because I want to unlock adventure mode to be able to create new characters without them being stuck in the campaign lol

I’d recommend getting your extra potion slot in each area.

1 Like

I’m mainly focusing on the campaign but still trying to get a couple of renown levels per zone. I can do everything else later.

Doing side quests, I am lvl 40 with entire gear Legendary, I have not touched the main quest line.