Disconnections in D4... Is this going to stop!?

You know, Blizz, I have a big bone to pick with you. Now, I’m sure this has been brought up repeatedly, and I’m likely flogging the dead and rotting corpse of my last mount, but I feel I need to vent a little. Everyone who decides to ignore this post, feel free if you’ve seen a hundred more before.
I spend really good, hard-earned money to buy a game I am excited about and want to play. I have been supporting Blizzard in one form or another with an MMORPG for a few decades. I have gone through all forms of WoW spam, Overwatch, and others. But I don’t think I have ever disconnected from a game so much in my life as I have in Diablo 4 recently.
Forget about the loot, and the decent look of cosmetic armor… The ONE thing that I want more than ANYTHING in this god-forsaken game… is STABILITY.
It’s not the fact that there isn’t end-game stuff to look forward to with me. It’s the stability and the ability to play the game for one dungeon’s worth of time without getting disconnected or booted off the server. I have tried the fixes, the patches, the… EVERYTHING. Nothing is working for stability. And I have to say, Blizz, I am disappointed.
Until I find that this game has a bit more stability, I will not be recommending people to come play with me. I possibly may just move on with another game and say screw it… Because they’ll be playing by themselves 99 times out of 100 anyway because I’m continually being booted.
Pull up your socks, Blizzard. Forget the end game for JUST a few months… and give us ALL a big Christmas present and fix your bloody server stability. This is beyond frustrating and absolutely uncalled for. You get a crap ton of money… buy some better hardware if you have to, but for the love… do better for your players.

Sincerely,
One Pizzed off player

1 Like

You likely need a hardware upgrade or better isp.

Just be because you buy something doesnt mean it can be used if you dont meet the requirements.

Sounds like a you problem.

Run the traceroute.

While it may seem like Blizzard’s responsibility to keep connections alive this can be caused by multiple things between you and Blizzard’s network also. I am not saying their servers are good. I am saying make sure it is not one of the things outside their control also.

If there is a timeout or packet loss in the traceroute. Open a ticket with them and see what you can do.

Some things you can do on your own before running the traceroute:

• Reboot your modem and router. Just power them off for about 2 minutes and reboot. This should be done about once a month.

• Change your dns from automatically assigned to manually. Use something like Google’s DNS it is very stable there is a list of others here:
    The Best Free and Public DNS Servers (December 2023)

• Lastly make sure windows is not managing power to your network adapter, set this to Do NOT let windows manage. Some of the recent windows11 updates have been setting this back for me to letting them manage it. It is annoying. They also made it harder to find in the last patch.

Hope some of this helps you. It can be frustrating and I have been through periods of these “disconnects” also. As of recently my connection has been pretty stable.

Also you can try a free VPN to change the route from you to their servers. But this will only be useful, if the problem is in the route and not on your side or theirs.

2 Likes

I have one of the worst internet connections imaginable; Hawaii, out on a farm, with about 2km of wifi between me and a poor cable connection.

I don’t get disconnected.

You have problems you need to deal with.

2 Likes

It’s fun to see all of the experts posting, however, I do not have isp issues and other games I play are fine. With d4, I will get random disconnects when teleporting, or when I enter a dungeon. This has been consistent in season 2 only for me. Again no problems with any other games, no dropped internet. I’m certain this is a me problem also though right?..derp.

The OP posted 0 of their specs, so how you experts replied without any details of their circumstances, I’m blown away. I mean that is HP printer support level right there. “Have you checked to ensure it is plugged in.”

This game was released in beta state and is still there… not hard to believe people are having issues and that it is not actually them. Regardless if the OP gets electricity from a hamster wheel or not. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Diablo 4 seems to be the only one of the games in the Diablo family in which I have problems. I can play DI without problems. But I did do what you had suggested.

Some things you can do on your own before running the traceroute:

• Reboot your modem and router. Just power them off for about 2 minutes and reboot. This should be done about once a month.
  • Change your dns from automatically assigned to manually. Use something like Google’s DNS it is very stable there is a list of others here:
  • Lastly make sure windows is not managing power to your network adapter, set this to Do NOT let windows manage. Some of the recent windows11 updates have been setting this back for me to letting them manage it. It is annoying. They also made it harder to find in the last patch.
  1. I reboot my modem, router and computer every day. Especially if there is a problem with connection.
  2. I changed my DNS to Manual and have been using Google’s DNS.
  3. I checked my network adapter and thankfully I have this as DO NOT manage and hope this helps.
    I also took a trace in CMD and it looks like my ping is between 2 ms and 32 ms to both US servers. So, I’m going to say that’s a pretty good ping… ?
    Thank you for helping. I appreciate the offer to help. :slight_smile:

This was just a vent post, but I do value the help that everyone has offered. Except for the trolls telling me its a me problem.

and LOL to the hamster wheel. :high five:

1 Like

Funny enough now I am back to disconnects after the patch.

Going hardwired and not using wifi was a big help for me

Oh I forgot to say this batch of disconnects was resolved. :stuck_out_tongue: