Diablo title, no Diablo?

I’m taking my time with this one, as I am currently only level 22. During my downtime at the office, I’ve skimmed through the storyline to see what’s to come in my future hours played.

Am I correct in reading that the game’s namesake doesn’t make an appearance in their own game? If so, is that oddly unsettling for anyone else? Not game breaking, but just… disappointing?

1 Like

I prefer it. I’m tired of Diablo being behind literally everything.

Besides, go ask Square Enix how many “final” fantasies they are going to have.

Not really. At this point, “Diablo” is the franchise name.

Kind of like, say … “Final Fantasy”. None of them have actually been final, now have they? But that name informs potential customers what sort of game to expect, in very broad terms.

It’s the same with “Diablo”. :slight_smile:

Like Lilith is his niece, so close enough.

Then maybe they should have named the game “Lilith” (But that doesn’t have the name recognition now does it)

1 Like

It’s still the Diablo franchise. I don’t think the recent Halo games had Halos either. There’s no reason to title it like a spinoff game. Diablo will likely come in one of the expansions.

1 Like

“Final Fantasy” was chosen as a title because they wanted something easy to abbreviate in both English and Japanese.

Most of the games do not have anything to do with one another and do not take place in the same world or universe. They do have the trademark habit of having similar things like chocobos in each game and use the same character names.

im rdy for the next diablo game “Lilly 5”

The point remains that there is no reason to rename it. It’s still the Diablo franchise.

Exactly… why continue selling waffles if you call yourself waffle house. We sell hotdogs dammit and you gonna like em!

1 Like

And they suck :stuck_out_tongue:

Like I said, it’s not game breaking for me. It’s just odd to buy a game called Diablo, within the Diablo universe/franchise, and not have said prime evil in the game at all. I’m not saying the lore or gameplay is bad by any means. I just don’t get the same main villain vibes from Lilith like I do Diablo. It feels like we are going backwards in terms of power, but again, these are just feelings :stuck_out_tongue:

If IHOP stops selling pancakes, we riot.

This has been pretty obvious for months now. They have never shown Diablo at all leading up to launch.

It was certainly obvious that they wouldn’t be the main villain, yes. But not that they would have almost no presence in the game at all.

1 Like

Diablo wasn’t the main bad guy in LOD … but there is like… nothing… in this game.

I belive that final fantasy was first going to be called 'fighting fantasy" but was changed due to trademark issues and other reasons :nerd_face:

Sorry I just felt this needed the classic “well actually” shhhhpppp hehe

1 Like