Diablo IV Fails to lauch from Battle.net: No error code

Bought the expensive edition to play with friends with extra content later and was able until launch last night (6/5/2023). Since that time, Diablo IV will not launch from battle.net. I click “play” and the battle.net says it’s launching, but the program never shows up on task manager or anywhere else and then in about forty seconds to a minute the button for launch just lights back up with “play.” There are no error codes or indications of failure. It just resets as though it had never been clicked.

I have run through the checklist as follows:
Scan and repair (with no errors found)
Uninstall Diablo IV and reinstall (no change)
Uninstall Battle.net and reinstall (no change)
check update on drivers (all up to date)
turn off firewalls (no change)
Launch all parts in administrator mode (no change)
Restarting computer after any/all of the above steps

I will update the list as I try more things as they are suggested. Thanks for your help.

Edit: Resolved

After trying a couple things, the thing that we think finally fixed it was a roll back of the graphics driver, which deleted the driver and then replaced it entirely.

3 Likes

You could try deleting the Diablo4 folder from your Documents folder. It deletes all your settings (perhaps rename or back it up) but this reportedly lets some get past startup crashing.

yea same ive ran through everything thinking it was my fault but im stumped it launches for a split second as soon as the blizzard logo shows up it just crashes with no error code and yea ive also bought the ultimate edition

1 Like

I don’t even see a blizzard logo. For all intents and purposes as far as I can tell, it doesn’t even start to launch.

1 Like

any luck yet? cause if not im thinkin we need some kind of compensation for this

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.