Diablo 4 is a great game... Faith in Blizzard is restored

its not perfect but its a step in the right direction and honestly I was worried because when David Brevik left it felt that Blizzard was out of touch and the end product was Diablo 3. (I did like Diablo 3 played it for thousands of hours. but what I really like is Diablo 2.) Now D4 is not D2 but it still a pretty good game…

I know there are a lot of people here in the forums that are currently disappointed in D4 right now and I think its wise for Blizzard to read those forum post just see what those post are about and maybe implement some changes in the expansion or D5. But knowing Blizzard its probably gonna take more than a decade for the next game to come out.

4 Likes

Sorry but this is in no way a step in the right direction. The clear lack of thought put into so many mechanics are unbelievable. Truly unbelievable. 7 years of dev work at a billion dollar company parented by Microsoft to get a mobile game. And we paid $100 for it.

2 Likes

I enjoyed the game but blizzard has been extremely dodgy as of late.(looks at OW2 and anything bobby has said lately) It will take more than one enjoyable game for faith to be restored.

Game is trash. This is definitely a “mobile turned to PC” game.

I’m loving playing through D4. I can’t comment on replayability or endgame till I get to that point but I’m having so much fun on rogue. The amount of movement I can do is like candy to me lol it’s so fun.

1 Like

It’s progress, but they’re gonna need to do a lot more than this for a longer period of time for faith to be restored in Blizzard, at least for me.

Get to endgame, you’ll change your mind.

You forgot the sarcasm emoji.

1 Like

Playing through was great. But actual endgame is bad. Imho main reason for 0 endgame replayability is scaling and droprates being too high.

Totally agree. I’m loving this game. I think it’s the best Diablo in the series.

wt2 with Necro minions lvl 45 now Act3. So far, so good. Really enjoying the game and as a long time Diablo fan, I’m very pleased. They’re doing great work and I think they’ll continue to make D4 even better.

• Still not acquired by Microsoft yet

It is a good base to build on. A lot of work left but… the D2(R) that you (and I) enjoy was also not built in a day.

It is pretty obvious that Blizzard didn’t test the Paragon boards a ton it appears. I can’t state anything in terms of how powerful good gear + old paragon board was (at lvl 50, WT3 atm) but as long as you don’t get to crazy powerful until “fully geared out” I do wish builds, in general, would aim at the higher range of a power band

Meh you gotta look bigger picture. There will be hundreds if not thousands of balancing changes.

The first nerf to an overpowered mechanic or class was ALWAYS GONNA HAPPEN.

It sucks. Its jarring to play a screen deleting character in the evening, go to bed, and hop on the next day feeling like every encounter is just a little tougher than it should be.

But thats part of the game and experience. The game is the canvas, and the balancing is the color that will change week to week, and season to season.

And the players are bound to find stuff so broken and OP that itll make what weve seen so far feel terribad in comparison.

2 Likes

No, faith in Blizzard should not be restored yet. They have consistently played the role of the fun police. When something feels good and fun and great, they come in and nerf it so hard it completely takes the fun out of the game. They have consistently insisted to force players to adhere to their “vision” of how D4 has to be played, rather than actually listening and knowing what the players want. This mistake has been repeated for years in their history with WoW, and only recently in Dragonflight they actually realised listening to the fanbase is more important than sticking to “we know what’s good for you” mindset of designing a game. The recent paragon glyphs nerf has shown just how extreme blizzard always goes to taking the fun out of things and insisting on their own way. I thought they have learnt from their mistakes of listening to the community, but turns out many people have spoken too soon, including you.