Diablo 4 has run out of memory

Looks like problems in settings you have.

Same problem. 16gb RAM 3080 TI gfx.

After all, they announced that they would start correcting bugs after the release.
The beta tests were only supposed to test the performance of the servers.
This is not a game for wimps who stop playing after a few blue screens.

In my opinion, they did an excellent job.
Thanks to such optimization of the game, the servers will never be overloaded.

Same issue here. At first i had various applications up, but after the problem persisted, I ran solely the game. Displays freeze, and peripherals are unresponsive. However, the audio and microphone capabilities continue temporary for a few seconds before I’m left with no choice but to hard restart.

Build: AMD Ryzen 5 3600x, Radeon 5700xt, 32gb Corsair Vengeance.

I’ve had this issue since the first maint round. 32GB of system memory and a 4090. My in game settings shouldn’t be an issue. Looking through event viewer I can see that battle.net.exe had an application error a few minutes prior to my memory crash. odd.

Ive had run out of memory crash when i had Frame Generation option enabled.
Also the game was behaving very weird with this like when i used the horse it wont move , skipping frames etc…

Something something deditated wam. I’ve gotten it a couple times now :frowning:

Same problems with 64 gig Gam, 8 gig VRAM.

Did some more digging: despite the game crashing with an “out of memory” message, it actually means it ran out of VRAM and not RAM.

What appears to happen is that the game gradually consumes all available VRAM (this is a good thing), but fails to realise that some of that VRAM is already in use by the system. Instead of paging like what would normally happen, for some reason the game keeps loading more data to the VRAM than what is physically available.

Basically: D4 detects 8 GB VRAM and decides to use 8 GB VRAM.
Reality: 900 MB used by the OS and only 7.1 GB free.
Result: attempts to use 8,9 G.

2 Likes

Same problem just now and can no longer launch the game; all i get is an annoying report popup that cannot be submitted, hitting reopen game does nothing!
Seems there’s a memory leak after the latest patch, haven’t had this problem until now and been playing since early access, now in the middle of Act 4 and was in the Transmog wardrobe when it crashed.
Win10, 6700XT, 32gb RAM, all drivers & Windows updated.

Update:
OK, Scan & Repair fixed it and i can now load the game again without the constant Fenris reports, however, i can now no longer adjust my monitor type nor the resolution as both menu dropdown’s are greyed out. Other than that the game seems ok again.

Same problem and talk to me no lack of Vram or ram I am under Rtx 3090 (24go vram) and I have 32 go of ram in ddr4

2 Likes

same issue on rtx 4080 (16gb) + 128 RAM ddr4 :frowning:
it happens after last update

Try reducing texture details from Ultra to High.

AMD Ryzen 9 5950x 16-core, 64,0 GiB ram RTX 3080 (12GB vram).
when i play on my pc - i get random die.

i do some testing here. when i play (texture High) - at random time it jump from around 8GB vram to around 11.xx GB vram (it never come down again). here game maybe work some minutes and die.

1 Like

Same errors with rx 6950 xt, 32 go ram i see i use 54 % ram when the error this product

Me too (RX6900XT ,i9 10900+32GB ram) at 1440p
Solve the problem with System > About > Advanced System Settings > Advanced tab > Performance Settings > Advanced tab > Change > select drive Diablo is installed on > click System Managed Size > Click SET and OK all the way back out.

1 Like

Not sure if this can help someone here.

VRAM leak over time? - #35 by Nightwolf-1868

After i remove it and change settings from full-screen window to window. - i have play around 12 hours without problems…

Memory out. 32GB system RAM and GTX 4070 not on max settings…

Same here. 4070 Ti. Been happening since day 1. Random crashes. Locking PC. Tried turning settings down and same problem. I have ran many games on Ultra and nothing like this. Definetly only D4.

Lucky.

I’ve tried uninstalling the high-res pack.
I’ve tried re-installing it but setting everything to lowest settings.
I’m currently running without it and have disabled every feature I can think of, capped frame rate, etc.
I turn off cross play (even though the game continues to inform me it’s on even when Social settings say otherwise)

And the game still hangs/crashes in as little as 5 minutes but I can usually get 20-25 minutes before it does.

Oh… and NONE of these problems existed for me in either Beta, the Server Slam, or even the early access. All of these problems STARTED on june 6th with some “patch” the clowns at Blizzard pushed out.

1 Like

“Should” but it’s not. Please do try and keep up with the current issue.

1 Like