Diablo 4 and my Gigabyte 3080 (non-ti) - Repeated Crashing (System Restart)

Taking a quick look around the forums, it looks like gigabyte and their 3080ti cards specifically are experiencing issues. Just wanted to chime in and add that I’ve been having issues with my Gigabyte RTX 3080 (non-ti). Within a couple of minutes on start-up, the game will suddenly crash and my entire PC will just restart. Happened over and over until I started finally monitoring the temp of my card. Looks like it was hitting around 80c while the game was running which seems uncharacteristically high (other games I play at 4k don’t hit that temperature threshold, like elden ring, valorant, phasmophobia, PoE, d3 etc.).

Is this game just more graphically intensive than any of the other games I play? Either way, I turned down the settings to 1080p and switched to low/med on game details to avoid any crashing and the game seems to work fine for extended play. (Also - I opened up the Nvidia control panel and set a fps limit to 144).

Like I said before, all of my other games work issue-free with whatever settings they default individually to (all typically at 4k with med/high settings). Diablo 4 is the only exception for me personally.

Now I’m not sure if the issues with my regular ol’ gigabyte 3080 is different than the TI variant; but maybe this issue is actually within the larger gigabyte family of 3000 cards rather than specifically with the 3080ti’s?

Whatever the problem may be, I just wanna play this game. I’m happy to continue playing this game specifically on lower settings - but also hope that something happens between now and release that “fixes” the “problem”? Should I exchange my card? :frowning:

1 Like

Im running on the latest studio driver 3080/5950X. No any known issues, BUT i do have FPS capped at 141 for gsync purposes. I hope you figure it out, it could easily be a busted directory or installation. Good luck man

1 Like

Ah thank you! Yeah I initially had the studio drivers - but then switched over to the gaming drivers in hopes of a different result :(. No change, and then I reinstalled the game (opting to go w/o the high resolution image pack that they offer) to no avail.

Just reached out to gigabyte to see what they’ll sayyyyy~

I’m seeing people report Gigabyte 3080s are bricking. Just Gigabyte ones tho. Just a warning for people with them. I’d keep settings really low until it’s figured out.

1 Like

Im so glad i got one of the last 3080 evga hybrids god i miss them so much

2 Likes

Oh jeez - okay yeah my settings are basically at the lowest they can be save the fps. Hope to get a reply from gigabyte soon (I’ll report back with what they tell me).

1 Like

Fps cap not working? Might be over voltage. Reset your msi afterburner or nvidia auto clock something

1 Like

I have the exact same gigabyte rtx 3080. Have the same issues of screen freeze and pc force reboot.
Modify install to remove the high ress files helps to reduce the stuttering. Game still crashes or reboot every 30-90 mins, especially in main town so i avoid there.
On low settings.

1 Like

Some people who got the high res text are consistently having issues hmm

yeah this was kinda the move for me too tbh. I don’t think I played long enough for it to crash again (didn’t go longer than 45 minutes); and I don’t think I want to haha.

Gigabyte 3060 Ti - same issue here. This thread is mirrored to another 3080 thread that includes an AMD card by Gigabyte with exact same issues.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.