Developer Feedback & The Lack There of

i will never get them privileges. too spicy

2 Likes

I wish they would take away these privileges.

It is a company and no one can really answer a question.

It is what creates the huge disconnect.

Company pays employee to make game. Company makes money. Company does not care about the product only that they have a product to sale.

Wonder how much money goes into advertising. All they need you to do is buy the game. They could care less if you play it.

Company creates forums, it’s what gaming clans established for communication but for the company it is a facade.

lol this entire world revolves around wasting your entire life for a paycheck while selling your soul, shutting your mouth. everyone all your life just says to you “shut your damn mouth”. we become desensitized and brainwashed but the truth is humans should be passionately (but lovingly) engaged with one another about any and every subject especially these days where objective truth and genuine knowledge really need to regain a foothold in human discourse.

however the reality is that everything is tailored, fake, produced. from things as broad-reaching as major box office films, to basic everyday conversations. humans love fake stuff for some reason. its always about avoiding reality, wear a mask and dont let people see who you are, avoiding the big picture as much as possible. we do this in our intimate lives and also our public lives. been like that for centuries. “its just business” lol.

i feel like this issue is especially potent in the gaming ecosystem. social media and gaming culture is really 2 of the most destructive trends in the world right now. it always happens. you have a group of “outcasts” who find something they love to do then when it becomes worldwide popular it becomes just as fake as the rest of the world and all the people who participate in it. original blizz vs modern blizz for example i guess. all these crappy games are just a past time. the unfiltered, real, raw internet/gaming experience has been dead and gone never to return for like over a decade now.

at least on a broad scale more people are turning to independent media realizing that heartfelt, truthful, engaging conversation with one another is one thing this world is desperately yearning for, and is majorly lacking but i really don’t expect anything to noticeably change you’ll always have the 1% ruling the world and the 99% justifying their stances and actions by saying “i dont have a choice i need to make money” or “the problem is too big i cant make any difference anyway”.

1 Like

Thank you for replying. It’s nice to know that things we say in here have a chance to be passed on and I know it cannot be easy reading stuff in here sometimes :slight_smile:

The forums, in Blizzard’s view, are NOT for interaction between Devs and Players. They are a place for players to discuss the game with other players as a means of feedback to Blizzard. Discuss all things Diablo IV with fellow PC-based wanderers

The CMs will post links to available notification, articles, and events that are approved. Mods will moderate to try to promote an atmosphere that meets the forum Code of Conduct. That is the extent of Blue interaction we have been promised. The CMs also collect the feedback from the forums, reddit, twitter, streams, websites, etc. All that goes into reports to the Dev teams.

Many people want that open chat with Devs, but that is not what the forums for any Blizzard game are for. They don’t do that. The most access players have to Devs in real time is to submit questions to the Q&As for Campfire chats, or go to Blizzcon.

Their Twitter accounts are personal accounts. So even if they do talk about work, they are not supposed to be official.

I am not supporting the current model because I also find it frustrating, but I am sharing the facts about how Blizzard forums work, and what Blizzard views them as.

You are not going to get a live Q&A type thread here unless a lot changes. This goes for all Blizzard games.

5 Likes

I believe the location of the updates and information is inconsistent. I would love a place where I can see all posts. I believe this should be on the games website or forums. I do not support “X” or twitter. I should not have to scour Reddit / X / Twitter and the forums for information. They should all be in one location.

oh boy, I might have seen an alien!
they exists :scream:

You mean like this
Patch Notes
Or are you looking for the Blizz tracker on the forums

I got flagged for your post about the questionable horse saddle, I’m now a negative member. I get about 5 likes a day and I can’t link things anymore. Such is life on these forums.

2 Likes

Not what he’s asking for. Avalon has actually been keeping us up to date on tweets from the dev team on these forums. 90% of which are never brought over to the forums, news, or patch notes.

That’s not my fault, I always think “Safety First”, and that saddle did not look safe. :hamster: :popcorn:

1 Like

Ofc something geniune begins and the forum no lifers come to troll as if a dog whistle has been blown

Conversations are the conduit for change.
If one side is doing all the talking then you don’t actually have a conversation.
That’s just one person telling the other what they are going to do.

That’s the disconnect.

The forum does all the talking.
Blizzard/Microsoft, whatever you want to call them, just sits there and listens.

Let us help you…

2 Likes

At least he didn’t say “You are going to love Season 4 then.” or some cryptic nonsense like that.

Correct. That is their current intent with the forums. That has been their purpose for many many many years. They are for us players to talk with other players. To discuss our feedback. When done constructively and in a civil way it does produce great content for the CMs to take back to the Devs.

What you won’t get is a conversation with the Devs. Too many times they have been burned and people take the tiniest fraction of what was said as a promise, an intention to change something, a threat to change something, a guarantee X will become Y. They are very careful about what they say on any official company medium - like the forums. I assume legal and PR play a role in it.

I HAVE had open and frank chats with Devs, but it was done in person at Blizzcon or Blizzard. It was not part of any recorded or published (printed) format. It was over sushi or chicken and waffles.

1 Like

Still doesnt mean campfire chats are the answer to player feedback/reception to ideas.

It doesn’t give enough time between updates/patches to talk about new ideas.

This is what a PTR is for.

Blue posts in out threads also wont spark rumors as much as you claim, we just want someone in the company, on the dev teams talking to us directly and help us understand what we want and the game needs.

If we have a bad idea we keep asking for a blue post can help tell us why its a bad idea and how putting it in will affect the game or if it’s even possible at all. Like stash space.

If you want to be that constant bridge to the bitter silence of blue posts then this may be the beginning. Continue responding and interacting with major posters and hot topics.

Well lets change this archaic design philosophy that doesn’t work and replace it with one that most certainly will. Converse with your players.

Ask them what they want.
Ask what do you like better X or Y? Why?
What would you do differently?

None of this is happening

I sure do hope that my semi-coherent ramblings, I mean feedback, is somewhere out there in a folder on some big boss’ luxurious desk, already read and just waiting to be incorporated in the nearest patch. :rofl:

1 Like

well thats absolutely understandable. Dont get me wrong, im pretty sure you all do a good amount of work! But sadly there are a lot of times when there is no communication whatsoever, especially when delicate things happen. For example the recent deletion of Summoning materials, where some people here claimed that even legit Items were affected.

These are the times where there should be a stronger communication, really. Now, im pretty sure thats not only on you to decide, but hopefully you can somehow forward the request for a little closer company/user relation.

1 Like