Cold is the best Imbuement

Yea until u get to a boss that all.l bosses cant be CCd then that frozen cant attack dont apply but everything else sure i always love frost spec in anything because a stunned or frozen mob cant attack

Scratch that, I just removed the shadow nodes and added the cold nodes and it’s 100% better and I love the defensibility I gained from it.

1 Like

I feel like the answer is just get penitent greaves and run the aspect of noxious ice. I genuinely hate how imbues play though…

4 Likes

Just group with a mage with ice enchancement and get frostburn simple

I was under the impression Cold imbuement was ignored because unique boots give you the same benefits without wasting a skill slot and points.

No need for cold imbue when you have pentient greaves in the game + Aspect “Spreads CC on hit”!

1 Like

There’s a path to Cold & Freeze w/o CI.
A way to double your AOE burst x2++ and keep Poison scaling off the charts.
I might post the build. Working on some recordings atm.
Gotta dig up the dusty old YT account from 2006 or make a new one.
I think this will be a solid push spec.
Still testing.

This is my spec utilizing poison imbue!

Though, I had updated a lot of my stuff and not changed my guide around, this is the jist of it.

penitent greaves or caltrops and noxious ice aspect.

For me the greaves or even caltrops don’t provide near enough freeze procs compared to cold imbuement…or even frostburn depending on your lucky hit/attack speed.

I’ve been running flurry to freeze stuff with cold imbue. works much better than caltrops and lets you run close combat fighter.

2 Likes

For me the greaves or even caltrops don’t provide near enough freeze procs compared to cold imbuement…or even frostburn depending on your lucky hit/attack speed.

The trick is “Aspect” On hit 50% chance to spread CC - This spreads the chill outward and repeating infinitely off every monster hit by not only imbue but TB and anything else! (and spreading freeze!)

Cool I’ll give it a shot tonight, I have that aspect at 50%

Yo bro your not supposed to say that here. Blizzard will nerf my OP build man. Twisting blades/poison imbuement and death trap are not the meta but you’ve hinted at the meta with cold imbuement. Don’t get my build nerfed. My buddies are all swapping to my build as rogues and it’s gonna get us nerfed hard af

1 Like

Yo bro your not supposed to say that here. Blizzard will nerf my OP build man. Twisting blades/poison imbuement and death trap are not the meta but you’ve hinted at the meta with cold imbuement. Don’t get my build nerfed. My buddies are all swapping to my build as rogues and it’s gonna get us nerfed hard af

It’s alright, no one is really absorbing what I’m saying. Apparently the sentiment is Penitent Greaves is enough so there’s no need for Cold Imbuement- Blizz might even buff CI if that’s the viewpoint lol

1 Like

honestly my problem is that I hate imbues… I think they are boring and need an activate component. But I guess when you activate cold + flurry is a bunch of frozen mobs then your next hit on those mobs is at full power. The problem is that is one cooldown for two hits. Problem is in a world where I can activate poison imbue infinitely on proc.

1 Like

The reason why shadow imbue + Pentient greaves is superior (in my opinion) is because when you dash through enemies it chills everyone you pass through (same for evade) applying “Damage when crowd controlled” (tons in our paragon) + Frigid Finesse.

Dragging a single Shadow imbue + Twisting Blade through enemies, you can trigger aspect “When you hit a chilled enemy with shadow imbued skill, it releases a frozen blast, chilling all enemies in an aoe” - this triggers again, infinitely outward.

(Not to mention, pentient greaves doesn’t have a cool down on when I can chill enemies and utilize frigid finesse - it’s 100% of the time - always active - meaning, every ability I use - imbued or not - is applying chill and rapidly spreading to everything/freezing everything without the use of a cool down!)

10 enemies hit by a single shadow imbued blast + chill = 10 explosions of frost blast = 50+ applications of chill (thanks to aspect “spread cc on hit 50%”) - instantly freezing not only the enemies in your immediate vicinity - but also 20-30-40-50 yards outward, sometimes freezing enemies in entirely other rooms (Add in the aspect - 20% critical strike to injured enemies and 40% increased CC duration when heathy) - and literally nothing moves for 2-3 at a time.

Does your Cold Imbue do that? not as effectively - at least not in my testing - it’s aoe is much smaller and in order to synergize with shadow imbue, you have to use a skill - where as, I get an extra skill slot available to me for stuff like shadow clone (imbue CD reset and immunity to CC) / single target dps in poison (and benefit from the huge range of shadow imbues explosions + chain reactions / instantly applying vulnerable to the everything on screen)

On top of that, does cold imbue synergize as well as shadow from “Damage when low, crit when low and damage when healthy?” - All stats that roll much higher on items than other stats - allowing you to double dip 15-20% crit when low on gloves + normal crit (You can benefit from 25+% crit on gloves) 15-20% crit when low on amulet, 15-20% crit when low aspect - giving you a near 100% chance to crit when enemies are low - which means, shadow imbue + it’s internal passive of 15% when low - is 100% chance to crit on it’s initial explosion and each consecutive explosion after.

Following that initial explosion hitting nearby enemies triggering “Damage when Healthy” - repeating this same process until every single thing on your screen is dead, or completely frozen with 1 single ability (What doesn’t die in the initial blast then benefits from frigid finesse + vulnerable and then nukes everything on the next proc of shadow imbue for each enemy hit by it!

If you rolled these stats with Frost Imbue, you would A: Do more damage when healthy, B: Do more damage when low - but it would all be individual / single target damage - where as, if a single shadow imbued blast hits 5 enemies, and each of those enemies explode - they EACH benefit from everything I mentioned here, including frigid finesse + when low, 100% crit, damage when healthy - further compounded if they become frozen and die (when low + 30% dmg when frozen)

The damage potential is absurd when you have a small stack of enemies on you, further amplified when you end up with 20+ enemies - 1 single ability can wipe an ENTIRE pack of 5-10 elites and 20-30 smaller enemies in a tight space or room AND chain react as many times as the process repeats.

Don’t even get me started on the ability to stack poison damage and literally obliterate the butcher with the absurd crit-rate / lucky hit chance (allowing you to have permanent poison imbue - further compounded by - When you cast an imbue, it lowers your other CD’s on imbue by 0.5 seconds - You can literally SPAM poison imbue to have shadow imbue up in half the time!

I for one, after hours and hours of testing and now level 80 (hc) - found that frost imbue needs a massive buff to compete with both shadow and poison in terms of what’s available to you in both rolls (the absurdly higher rolls of what I mentioned above) - and the synergies available through impetus, weapon mastery, exploit and the aspects mentioned above.

But hey, don’t take my advice - you sound like it’s working great for you!

Note: here are some older videos - but I will make some newer ones in my current gear to show ya what it looks like at 81!

Share some videos of your build - I’d love to see how it does in a 4 man, high density situation - how your rotations are, cool downs are, etc!

Link to my previous post that has the gear/rolls I was using / paragon - at level 74-76.

Here is a link to my most current gear/items/paragon in this build for anyone curious at 80 (Hardcore).

1 Like

Using Cold with Flurry might be a good option.

I am running a flurry build with double imbuements,cold and shadow, and i can confirm that cold imbuement is sooooo underrated. Its much better than poison for single target and for clearing trash its absolutely insane due to how much you CC.

Vastly underrated. Also flurry is vastly underrated. Paired with temerity leggo and defensive aspects, you are practically immortal. Im lvl 77 and running lvl 55 sigils . Absolutely bonkers

1 Like

Im using cold+shadow with flurry and its fun build, right now 81lvl and running fast 25-30lvl nm dungeons. Lack in dmg and def to move further 50+ nm. Still in progress :smiley:

Found some good ideas above, thanks guys :smiley: