Code 52? ban? only campaign

And that’s only because wow addons operate inside blizzard’s sandbox.

3 Likes

Yes indeed. I can honestly say I’m SO GLAD this game doesn’t need the level of crap and add ons that you do to play that game. I’m perfectly fine with 6 hotkeys and a clean screen.

10 Likes

Lol, I actually resorted to writing my own addons. Clickable trinket button. DoT timers.

2 Likes

See you in a week my dude.

1 Like

Dumb ban, should at least give him a refund. Overlays are not hacks.

There are a few others who have posted about account penalties on Tech Support with error 52 (account banned). Below is what I posted for them.

Error code 52 is an account Suspension or Ban. You should have gotten an email sent to the email address on your Battlenet account that tells you the category of infraction and the means to appeal. That appeal is only done via ticket. Ticket times are around 5 or 6 days right now.

A quick reminder of the sorts of things Blizzard will penalize an account for is below. That includes account sharing/pilots, automation of any gameplay including rotations, selling gold/items/carries, any outside software that is not approved by Blizzard, etc.

License Limitations. Blizzard may suspend or revoke your license to use the Platform, or parts, components and/or single features thereof, if you violate, or assist others in violating, the license limitations set forth below. You agree that you will not, in whole or in part or under any circumstances, do the following:

1. Derivative Works: Copy or reproduce (except as provided in Section 1.B.), translate, reverse engineer, derive source code from, modify, disassemble, decompile, or create derivative works based on or related to the Platform.
  2. Cheating: Create, use, offer, promote, advertise, make available and/or distribute the following or assist therein:
  • cheats; i.e. methods not expressly authorized by Blizzard (whether accomplished using hardware, software, a combination thereof, or otherwise), influencing and/or facilitating gameplay, including exploits of any in-game bugs, and thereby granting you and/or any other user an advantage over other players not using such methods;
  • bots; i.e. any code and/or software, not expressly authorized by Blizzard, that allows the automated control of a Game, or any other feature of the Platform, e.g. the automated control of a character in a Game;
  • hacks; i.e. accessing or modifying the software of the Platform in any manner not expressly authorized by Blizzard; and/or
  • any code and/or software, not expressly authorized by Blizzard, that can be used in connection with the Platform and/or any component or feature thereof which changes and/or facilitates the gameplay or other functionality;
  1. Prohibited Commercial Uses: Exploit, in its entirety or individual components, the Platform for any purpose not expressly authorized by Blizzard, including, without limitation (i) playing the Game(s) at commercial establishments (subject to Section 1.B.v.3.); (ii) gathering in-game currency, items, or resources for sale outside of the Platform or the Game(s); (iii) performing in-game services including, without limitation, account boosting or power-leveling, in exchange for payment; (iv) communicating or facilitating (by text, live audio communications, or otherwise) any commercial advertisement, solicitation or offer through or within the Platform; or (v) organizing, promoting, facilitating, or participating in any event involving wagering on the outcome, or any other aspect of, Blizzard’s Games, whether or not such conduct constitutes gambling under the laws of any applicable jurisdiction, without authorization.

Any software that provides functionality to the game that is not intended is considered “cheating” and not allowed. I don’t work there so can’t see anything about the OP’s account, but wanted to clarify that for you. Hacks are not the only thing Blizzard does not allow.

15 Likes

This has to be the funniest thing ever.

Wait a minute, you cant get through campaign without a guide? D4 story is one of the most straightforward mission ever.

9 Likes

Idk posters on Blizzard forums have a history of claiming they got banned for X when it turned out to be Y.

Not saying that’s the case here but a lot of people sure got exposed.

4 Likes

Then discord would because it facilitates grouping up. Allows people in groups to coordinate.

Is that not the same thing?

3 Likes

They were using an overlay that held their hand while spending skill points rather than alt+tabing to the maxroll website.

2 Likes

Still dumb AF. An overlay and a second monitor with a web page pulled up is basically the same thing.

That website doesn’t have the power to inject code into the game client.

1 Like

Sweet! That is one of the apps I reported to hacks@blizzard.com. Looks like they are watching for cheaters.

12 Likes

I guess there’s always a shortcut or lazy way of doing things.

New gen gamers nowadays cant play a game without all these overlay?

4 Likes

That’s a bit of a reach. Blizzard already knows that Discord is just a chat/voice app.

2 Likes

What is described on the mobalytics website is not what most (probably close to all) people think of when they think of hacking or cheating.

Should be a warning or small suspension at most.

This falls into the category of honest mistake.

If the overlay is reading data from in-game RAM, then it’s doing what is called “hooking” into the game client’s stack heap. That’s not allowed, period. Things like Discord or Steam are what are known as “general” overlays that display non-game related data. That is, they don’t read the game’s RAM (stack heap) and can’t glean anything from it. If Discord were modified to perform such a task, it would in theory be detected and trigger anti-cheat flags. Having a website open however, just displays what the website shows and nothing more. There’s a big difference between the two.

15 Likes

Good explanation. Hooking into game processes is not allowed.

3 Likes

No, it operates outside the game. Chat programs have been used for 15 or more years. Ventrillo, Teamspeak, Skype, Discord, and even Blizzard’s Launcher has a built in chat program.

Using an overlay on the game to walk someone through the campaign (if that is what he is talking about?) would be very very different than you listening to music through a music app or using discord. Or even calling a friend to ask to group up!

EDIT - what Tias said.

6 Likes

Instead of trying to make things black and white you should go to the website and find out that the product the OP was using is quite innocent and does not warrant essentially $100 to be confiscated.