Cash shop fomo price total

the cash is live and you can purchase items now. to get everything it will cost you 356.98 + tax, that is 3 bundles of 99.99 + 1 bundle of 49.99 and the crypt hunter add-on to get every skin/mount/backpack out right now which will refresh in 3 days. all USD prices so adjust for your region

1 Like

Looks a lot better than the 200.000$+ for diablo immoral :smiley:

3 Likes

keep in mind this is day 1 not 1 year like with DI is at. also DI has a lot more p2w mechanics and monitizations than D4.

FOMOing on cosmetics is like a person that cant go out without wearing make-up. >.<

5 Likes

Show me the Whales!

:smiley:

2 Likes

I looked at it and was repulsed. “Get Platinum! Lots of Platinum! Bundles have Platinum!”. Barf. I’ve already given you $100, don’t make me feel like I’m playing some crap iPhone free-to-play. Get this out of my face.

Anyway, it’s all hideously ugly crap that looks basically indistinguishable from the in-game free gear. They are going to have to try REALLY hard to come up with something I want. Like the Whimsydale rainbow unicorn mount lol, just because people would rage.

This is a deliberately dark, bloody game full of death and decay, and they want us to pay more money for more death and decay. Bloody skinless horses etc. No, I really don’t think so. I wouldn’t use most of this transmog if you paid me.

1 Like

LOL

Sad to see ppl falling to the FOMO on cosmetics…

2 Likes

I’m still happy to watch the Whales support this game (since I’ll get to share all the benefits from Blizzard making a lot of money) if people actually WANT this junk, but mostly I consider that a mental condition worthy of some sort of cognitive behavioral therapy :smiley:

I have my barb decked out in the level zero sheepskin hide looking gear and it looks super comfy and I love it and no, I don’t need to look like a walking Williams Sonoma pots and pans store so this will do fine.

I’ll add taking selfies to that list.

1 Like

The more garish stuff will come when they realize almost no one is buying there “immersive” (read as ugly) current selection.

1 Like

Here comes the practice of “Sales.” Buy this item on sale. It’s a 5% discount. Get it now before the sale ends.

2 Likes

This was my thinking exactly. I love cosmetics, but have no interest in stuff that looks like what you can already get in the game.

1 Like

I feel like they overestimate the number of teenage edgelords who are still titillated by blood and gore. They need to remember that humans have evolved in a sunny green world and many people can only take so much dark and gloomy before their brains will rebel and they will go find something else to do.

No matter how COOL you think the gore is, you get habituated to it very quickly and like Neo and Cypher looking at the green text waterfall of the Matrix, it quickly becomes something you don’t even see as your mind optimizes on the things that actually matter, like which is the elite, is that drop worth picking up, etc.

This is all absolutely critical in a game where you want, Blizzard style, to make a game that’s accessible to the widest possible audience. Many would be happy with a boutique blood-and-guts demon splattering game, but I’m pretty certain Blizzard Marketing doesn’t want that lol. They want mom and the kids to get addicted to their game too.

This is not to say they need to make the game less dark, just that they should understand that the power of gloom is not as strong as they hope it is, especially in terms of “hey, you can buy MORE wet and bloody for $30!”.

1 Like

I absolutely agree with this, to appease the anti D3 people (aka D2 cultist) they made “muh dark and gothic” so prevalent in game it’s basically at self parody levels with corpses and organic…whatever every 2 feet. But the edgelords got what they wanted.

2 Likes

I’ve purchased the $100 coin package and I still have 4,500 coins left over after I purchased a mount skin + a necro skin and a sorc skin.

You shouldn’t fomo buy anything to begin with, but remember that none of it even goes away forever. They said nothing is vaulted and will cycle back in eventually.

1 Like

Listen, I thought the hate for D3s artstyle was overblown. But if you think D2 and D4 has too much gore maybe you just dont know what this franchise is about.

I remember being a kiddo flipping through the original Diablo’s game manual/guide. The artwork in there is completely in line with what we see in game today.

Diablo 3 was the outlier, not the standard.

Its also a good thing that the cosmetics arent a mile better than in game gear xmogs. Why are we complaining about this? I paid 90 bucks. I’d HOPE that my gear didnt immediately look stupid compared to mtx gear, as a new paying customer. Now, in a year or 5, when new content and game support is funded exclusively by mtx, I’d expect mtx cosmetics to be elevated to catch our attention.

As of now, cash shop is a donation box for those who want to give a little extra and say they still got something. And thats GOOD for business. OW2 and other games prove time and time again that elaborate game content brings in less money than mtx skins and battlepasses any day of the year. Let the D4 team monetize so there is a loud message that we will pay good money for game expansions and one day, Diablo 5.

Cuz Blizz aint gonna make it if there’s no money in it. Sorry if that hurts your feelings. Theyre just gonna keep making more Diablo Immortals if all of us “real gamers” prove to be too stingy to pay any money for a decade of game support.

1 Like

Most people will buy a skin here or there. A few whales will buy everything.

Buy what you want and dont buy the other stuff. There will likely be sales throughout the year on different skins, buy them then if the normal price is too much for you.

These are the first skins, well see more skins that appeal to more people as time goes on.

A dangerous precedent of addiction and loss of financial control.

This shop is updated every 3 days so I would not rush to give the payment method.

So what? Why would you even want to get everything?