Can't Upgrade to Ultimate Edition on Physical Edition of Diablo 4

This is giga SUS… They just want to make people buy D4 for 2nd time. I was asking support about that wow mount and they told me I will have mount from physical version but it is not there like you said

3 Likes

I can confirm that even after installing patch 1.0.3 Build #42677 which was released today, the above issue still persists. They must be treating this as a non-issue at this point, it will be almost a month after launch and it still has not been fixed.

2 Likes

I’ve contacted Sony support. They told me that Blizzard did not provide such an option for physical games, so I can’t do such an upgrade. They recomand me to contant Blizzard Support haha this is gonna be pingpong but i doesn’t feel like its Sony’s fault eh…

3 Likes

Xbox support said same thing. It definitely isn’t a platform issue, it is a Blizzard issue for sure. I already contacted Blizzard support and their excuse was blaming platforms like xbox and playstation and that their support site is for PC only and they don’t have, “the ability” to change or fix anything on consoles and to post here on the forum. However, i do encourage you to contact Blizzard Support. The more people that complain, the greater chance it is fixed. Also, reference their own site FAQ against them for leverage Blizzard Support - Can I Upgrade My Diablo IV Edition?

2 Likes

This is the answer i got after some time:
" Dethejiin
Hello there Dawid!

Unfortunately Sony is correct and we’re currently unable to upgrade the physical editions of Diablo IV.

We are completely sorry about this and I apologize for the response you received before stating that physical copies could be upgraded, but sadly it is not the case.

Thank you for your time and best of luck."
I’m wondering is it already addressed issue or we have to live with that and Blizzard won’t fix it.

2 Likes

Seems like there will be no such an upgrade in the future sadge

"Hello, Dawid!

Sorry for the long wait time. Our game worlds needs to be watched, and our forces do not allow us to respond immediately.

I’m game-master Ulmafri and I’m answering your question today

I am truly sorry that your purchase of the physical version of the game did not meet your expectations. It is unlikely that an upgrade will be added for these versions of the game.
Whether it’s worth it to buy the extended edition on PC is up to you to decide.

Although this wasn’t really the reply you were hoping for, I’d still like to thank you for your patience and understanding in reading my reply. I have tried my best to provide you with the best possible answer here and would like to wish you a pleasant evening!"

2 Likes

Basically confirmation saying, “screw you, buy the game again digitally if you want a different edition”. Personally, if this is the case, I say, “Screw you, I’m not playing your game or buying anything related to it until you do or it is heavily discounted where I would only be paying for the difference between physical edition to ultimate edition”. Also, if that is the case, screw Blizzard, they can suck wind lol

3 Likes

Yea, i felt that this was never going to be fixed.

I did end up getting a copy of the PC edition for myself since i have to travel around for work for a few months. So at least i have the content now…

It is still bittersweet however since i specifically had balance on my xbox account waiting to be used to upgrade.

2 Likes

Do you think if we are still in the 90 days walmart will give us a refund then we just take that money and buy their digital copy from them with the gift card they usually give you for not having receipts anymore… cause that could be a fix to the problem

2 Likes

As of patch 1.0.4 (All Platforms) Build #42942 (PC) and #42880 (Console), this issue is still not fixed.

2 Likes

Very sad that isn’t being discussed as a bigger issue. If the digital copies have an upgrade path so should the physical editions. Hopefully this is fixed some day

2 Likes

As of Patch 1.1.0a (All Platforms) Build #43333 (PC) and #43223 (Console) - July 18, 2023, this issue has still not been resolved. They must really not want our money, but I bet they will have Battle Passes ready Day 1 of Season 1 lol

2 Likes

I spoke to support this morning and he told me to buy platinum and upgrade through the in game shop. But its not there!?!? Only the crypt hunter pack and i have already bought that. I was planning on buying the ulitmate edition on my ROG Ally as well but would really like to resolve this issue first. Seems like something that could be fiixed in a hotfix pretty easily and make a lot of people happy.

2 Likes

As of Patch 1.1.0b Build #43391 (All Platforms) - July 20, 2023, this issue is still not fixed.

2 Likes

Your ticket has received the following response:

Greetings Christopher,
Game Master Valnirinee here for you today. Thank you for contacting us, I hope you are doing well. We have been experiencing a high number of tickets as of late, as such, thank you for the time you waited for this response, we really appreciate it.

After reading through your ticket as this purchase seems to be have been made for a console, you will need to contact the console support team and present this case, as we cannot access those transactions for you to see what may have occurred.

I hope I was able to shed some light on this question for you today. Again, thank you for reaching out to us, and as always feel free to do so in the future if any issues arise. I wish you all the best, have a great week and stay safe.

Best regards,
Game Master Valnirinee.

2 Likes

Hello Christopher!!

Thank you for contacting us. Game Master Khrastalius here. I hope this finds you well.

Firstly, I know it’s taken us a while to get back to you on this issue, as we had a lot of tickets this week, so I just wanted to say thanks a lot for being patient :slight_smile:

I’m sorry for the issue you’re having, however we’ve no way to check what is happening on your console.

Try to contact the PSN support and check with them if the Parental Controls are enabled (that would prevent you from making purchase in-game).

Other than that, I’m afraid we won’t be able to offer much help.

I am really sorry to be the bearer of this information for you, but I hope the situation is now at least a bit more clear. Thank you for your understanding and patience in this matter, and please allow me to wish you in any case a great day and all the best for your future adventures!

GM Khrastalius
Customer Support
Blizzard Entertainment

2 Likes

Hello Christopher,

This is your Game Master Aestichey reporting for duty. Thank you for contacting Blizzard Entertainment. I’ll be more than happy to help you with your request today!

I can see you have been a member of our family for a long time now. Allow me to say it’s always an honor to assist a Veteran Player such as yourself :smiley:

I understand you are unable to upgrade your Diablo IV on console due to not seeing the option in-game. Rest assured, I’ve completely understood your issue. The detective is on the case!

I sincerely and deeply apologize for the situation you are in right now. As a gamer myself, I feel your frustration and will do everything in my magical powers as a Game Master to hopefully resolve your issue. <3

After doing a Sherlock Holmes level investigation, I was able to find the following. Your console does not need specific support for the game in order to assist in this topic, as they will have access to your transactions and, if need be, can issue the purchase on your behalf.

I understand this is not ideal. But I need you to understand that there are some things that we as Game Masters, despite our tremendous powers, are unable to do. As we do not have the tools for it.

It was a pleasure to assist you today. If you have any further inquiries, please don’t hesitate to contact us again. We look forward to hearing from you again.

Yours truly,
GM Aestichey.

2 Likes