Can't Upgrade to Ultimate Edition on Physical Edition of Diablo 4

I noticed that myself and other players on Xbox and PlayStation who purchased a physical edition of Diablo 4 cannot upgrade to ultimate edition like Blizzard’s website says you can. This is because the upgrade does not appear in Xbox’s store, PSN’s store or the in-game store which clearly seems to an issue that still has not been addressed in any prior posts, patch notes or social media posts. Please let me know if this is being investigated or not because at the moment, it seems like it is being either ignored or treated as a non-issue. After contacting Blizzard Support, despite telling them that it is supposed to appear in the Diablo 4 “in-game shop”, they are trying to say it is an Xbox or PlayStation issue when it clearly is not if other players who own the game digitally can see this upgrade in store. I feel this will get ignored and not resolved so please feel free to spread the word around so that it can be acknowledged and resolved. Thank you.

https://www.reddit.com/r/diablo4/comments/140mn9s/too_late_to_claim_the_special_offer_upgrade_to/

https://www.reddit.com/r/diablo4/comments/13zkx46/upgrade_physical_copy_to_deluxe_or_ultimate_on_ps5/

3 Likes

I am in the same boat as well. Bought physical Xbox version and see no upgrade in the microsoft or Diablo stores. If there is anyone out there that has successfully upgraded from the disc version please reply! Hope you get a formal response.

2 Likes

To update my original post, after speaking with Blizzard Support pointing the finger to Microsoft/Sony as the culprit and not them since they only manage PC issues, I called Microsoft. As you could imagine, since it is an issue with the Diablo 4 in-game store and not the Xbox store, they pointed the finger back at Blizzard like I originally thought as well. In other words, the blame game endlessly continues without any investigations or resolutions. All I can do at this point is hope and pray Blizzard fixes this for physical disc users because I will not buy the game a second time digitally just to upgrade to ultimate edition. Their website says it is available and should be, but isn’t which is not only lying to the consumer, but also false advertising. That is why I encourage anyone on Xbox or PlayStation to report this bug and create a support ticket with Blizzard until they fix it. It is the only way they will do something about it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/diablo4/comments/1420n7y/diablo_4_ultimate_edition_upgrade_xbox/

2 Likes

There are currently no upgrade paths for the Deluxe/Ultimate Edition skus via a physical disk.

1 Like

Are there any plans to? Because your FAQ says it is available in the in game store for 1,000 without distinction between digital and physical?

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply. I know it’s not a satisfying response but now I don’t have to keep my hopes up and can move forward on my own.

1 Like

I’m not giving up hope, especially since Adam said that “currently there are no available options to upgrade for physical disc”. This gives me the notion that they are either looking into doing it in the future or will do it in the future.

2 Likes

Why wasn’t this made more clear on the Support site? I even specifically reached out to Blizzard Support before release and was told that physical copies could be upgraded to Deluxe or Ultimate.

The FAQ page just says that Standard copies can be upgraded. Nowhere does it say that upgrading is exclusive to digital copies.

5 Likes

This is borderline false advertising then. It was stated before release that versions could be upgraded. Nowhere was it stated that physical versions would not be able to be upgraded.

This is critical information that had been known prior to release would have ended with me ordering digitally. Instead i opted for the physical for the disc with full intention to upgrade.

This is a very poor oversight and quite honestly, if this was always to be the case, a physical copy should never have been released…

5 Likes

Just watched today’s Campfire Chat and this issue wasn’t even mentioned, let alone if and when it will be fixed despite the community manager who responded above being there. I don’t think they really care since it is console AND physical. That is why I’m refusing to play until they fix it because it has me this heated. They need to do something about it, not ignore it.

3 Likes

this is jsut a test comment

No problem, but I would appreciate it if you can spread the word of this issue so that it can be fixed. It has been 2 weeks since official launch and it still isn’t fixed despite it being a simple issue with most likely a simple fix since it is fine on digital versions of the same game on consoles. Any help we can get would be appreciated.

2 Likes

As it is, i cant even post in the console discussion, despite owning the game on console.

It comes across to me that as far as Blizzard is concerned, if you bought physically, then you dont own the game.

My only assumption here is they are looking at the physical ed different since it can be technically sold or traded and the digital cant but that is a flawed mindset.

If you sell the disc you cant play anyway so would need to buy it again regardless, so its no different to buying digital and just not being able to sell. Its flawed logic if thats their concern.

As i said earlier, if they are going to treat physical copies differently, then they never should have released it physically.

I can guarantee they wouldnt have lost any sales in doing so. I wouldve just bought digitally (and then not had these issues) but i was lead to believe that i would have the same access and be able to upgrade.

And they cant even give a proper responce or update on when this will be rectified (if at all)

3 Likes

What is really annoying is that for their previous game, Diablo 2: Resurrected, you can separately purchase an upgrade to the better edition right in the xbox/playstation store day 1 when it was released. In other words, the process/plan/execution were all right there all along and all they had to do was replicate it for Diablo 4 and not only did they not do that, but they still have not and have not shown any signs of doing so in the future.

2 Likes

I just wish they would hurry up and fix it cuz i would like to get the upgrade. I should not have to rebuy the game in digital format just to get the upgrade

3 Likes

Of course this is the only thread that gets blue reply, god forbid you address any actual problems

2 Likes

The only reason we probably got a reply was because I was constantly posting on Twitter for the official account and members of team including that of the one who responded. Unfortunately, that reply didn’t answer if and when the issue will be resolved.

2 Likes

Same issue for me.
I bought Diablo 4 for PS5 disk version and now i want to upgrade to Ultimate, but it seems is not possible at the moment…

3 Likes

Im so mad right now… I was lied by their FAQ and support. If i only knew I wouldn’t be able to upgrade my physical copy (PS5) to deluxe version i would buy digital god damn it. Why physical copies are treated differently? My disc is in console but PStore shows me that i don’t even have standard version xD I don’t get it… Is this a bug or premeditated action? Will they fix it?

3 Likes

You also wouldnt have gotten any of the standard edition inclusions (diablo 3 wings, wow mount, etc)

Blizz never should have released a physical ed. And they are currently just passing this off as a non-issue

4 Likes