Cannot Login Code 700004

Having the same issue, likely this is due to the update coming out tomorrow that adds in the malignant rings. They probably started stuff on their end and caused an issue with logging in.

2 Likes

This worked for me too. Fully logged out and closed everything then logged back in with no error.

“Have you tried turning it off and on again?” :upside_down_face: :sweat_smile:

same…lame…o welll bla blah blah

Log out of Battlenet and log back in with no error and it worked

HEY GUYS. I had the same issue took over 10 minutes. I had to log out of Blizzard multiple times and on the 10th try it worked. PLEASE FIX THIS BUG. ITS going to make me ask for a FULL REFUND SOON!

the game prompts me to check my version, yet the new patch is not rolled out …i guess i just have to wait for 8+ hours until someone in irvine is at his desk and deploys 1.2.2 … oh dear

same here !!!

Still can’t login. Can’t get past queue lobby. Then get login code 700004

Today is patch day but it only gets applied at around 10am PST.

I guarantee they messed up so the lobby server sees the patch as 1.2.2 but none of us have the patch yet.

Doesn’t make sense how others are still able to login and play or be playing though.

1 Like

still an issue. anyone see an officials response to this yet?

Same issue. Code 700004

Same Issue as well. Cmon Blizzard fix your game

reportanding la misma error, arreglen su kk pofavó, quiero bisiar

Was just having the same issue and after logging in and out of Blizzard 7 times I’m in. Please fix this

Same issue. Tried logging out, deleting all Blizzard apps in Task Manager. When that didn’t work, tried rebooting PC. Still nothing. I was playing before and took a dinner break…came back and now this…

Same issue here. Tried closing all apps and rebooting, but still no go.

Yup. And guessing by the influx of posts in the last 10 minutes its NOT an issue with my install.

1 Like

Same issue here. Unbelievable.

The same thing is happening to me. I have logged out and back in multiple times, ended all programs related to Battle.net, and restarted my PC only to still get (Code 700004). Please fix this soon.

Update
I was finally able to get into the game after continuously logging out/in and killing the tasks over and over. To everyone reading, keep doing this and at some point you’ll get into the game. Regardless, this still needs to be looked at.