Can you proceed to Act 4 if you have only completed Act 3 and not 1&2?

I want to unlock the mount as as soon as possible. When do I get the quest to unlock the mount, when you finish act 3 or?

Please no spoilers, just let me know if this is possible.

I want to only finish act 3 and if needed proceed to the beginning of act 4 to get the mount, is this possible or you need to beat all 1, 2 and 3 act to get to the mount?

I don’t know about 1 & 2 but the mount quest is the first quest of Act IV.

2 Likes

Only if you have completed it first.

So you can’t complete only Act 3 to proceed to Act 4? You have to finish all 3 acts first?

I believe that’s the case

Yeah, you need to proceed through the campaign.
If you think about it, the NPCs won’t be in the proper places at the specific points in the story if you don’t :slight_smile:

As far as I can tell, the acts are sequential and you have to do the campaign quests in order (some of them have branches in which case you can pick which of those 2 branches you go down first, but they will always converge).

That being said, you can straight up just run into most of the future act zones. The mobs there may have a floor that is above your current level.

This is particularly apparent in the last 2 acts - if you just b-line straight through the campaign with no side activities, you will find yourself at a 10 level deficit.

This is where it gets confusing for me. If you have to complete the acts in order, why do I already have quests for 2 and 3 if I haven’t finished 1 yet?

Sort of.

You get a couple of quests seemingly “early” that aren’t really campaign quests. For example, the barbarian class quest sends me to “Act 3” zone. The mount one shows up early too, long before you can unlock it.

It’s best to try and separate the campaign from the zones in your mind.

You can run into any zone at basically any time. However the campaign will take place in a sequence, and get sprinkled across many zones in a predetermined order.

1 Like

You can do any of the 3 first acts in any order you wish thoguh it makes more sense to do act 1 and then act 2 and then 3, but you can do 3,2,1 or 2,1,3 etc but you have to complete 1,2,3 to do 4.

1 Like

No. 1/2/3 have to be complete to do 4.

Oh, interesting. Guess I was wrong then.

Sort of makes sense though. It did feel like the breadcrumbs sending you to the next area were missing.

Just a PSA but be prepared for Act IV… has more effin parts than War and Peace.

1 Like

Acts 1 through 3 lead up to 4 so you can’t skip to get a mount

Honostly get all the statues by walking do the events along the way. Then do the campeign do most of the side queats in the 1st area by the time u gwt your mount u will be 40 and i believe thats where u want to be starti g act 4