Can we get like... more enemies? The game is almost boring

The open world is pretty boring. The lack of enemies, especially elites means it is not part of the core gameplay loop. Just running from A to B apart from maybe an event somewhere. Fighting only occurs at events but I only find like one event per hour, too few to call it entertainment. Quests usually involve more running than fighting. The mount makes running faster, but this means you fight less in the open world, which seems like a timegate tbh. I would rather have the linear gameplay of 1-2-3 at this point, if “open world” means “no mobs”.

Dungeons seem better compared to the empty fields outside, yet they don’t seem that rewarding either. It feels like there are fewer mobs in d4 dungeons than in any arpg but that maybe because the time needed to GET to the dungeon and to kill an unneccesary boss. You run to the dungeon for 2 minutes. You finish a dungeon in 12 minutes at max but then you fight a boring bossfight with a bulletsponge copypaste for 4 minutes. These timegates are boring even now after half a day. I already fought 30 bosses and they drop jacksh1t, apart from storyscripted drops.

Running and useless bossfights breaking the gameplay loop. I am fine with the occasional timegate but this game is 50% fighting and 50% “stay a while and hold that button for 5 minutes please”.

Already boring. I am typing this instead of playing. Like I don’t want to run. I want to kill and loot things. Why so much timegate.

8 Likes

Agreed, not sure why no one is talking about this. The game is like completely void of enemies, everywhere you go.

3 Likes

Agreed. Feels like a walking simulator… It’s like Oregon Trail from the 90’s where you watch a wheel-cart moving… not fun. Especially events where you stand there and watch the conversations.

I hate the events where you walk to Africa and then to Canada and back to Africa just to talk to people… this is fun?

2 Likes

Mob number is honestly a silly thing to complain about. 10, 20, it doesn’t matter because you’re just going to CC and AOE them all down, anyhow.

2 Likes

Except, it is an ARPG so mob density is the main fun part of the game. Every dungeon pack is like 5-7 mobs all spread out. I am really missing the 20+ demon pack running at you every 10 seconds.

1 Like

What? I constantly have to kill packs of like 15 mobs…

1 Like

Agree with mount there is easily skipped fights, but while running I got swarmed all the time. Killed them fast, but there were plenty of them even in the open world. And they seem to come in from pretty far away sometimes. I have zero problem with current density. But if they add more for people I’m down with that, too.

Could be someone just ran thru the area and killed the mobs in front of you. The problem with the open world is just this. It probably will not be a big deal at the end game where we are grinding dungeons.

Switch the difficulty to Nightmare or Torment, tough guy. Stop playing at Beginner’s difficulty.

It is at world tier 2 and the game is a breeze with very little enemies

Why on Beginner’s difficulty? There’s World Tier 3 and 4. Switch it higher until it stops becoming boring. FACEROLL = BORING. Come with us at Torment/Nightmare Difficulty where you would pray, that those few mobs wont be able to kill you.

I prefer less mobs in the open world, just because I’m trying to get somewhere. It’s not a zombie apocalypse game.

Why I can get only 2/4 difficulty level?

Well I am on Torment now, tier 4. I just finished the capstone dungeon which is supposed to be level 70+ but I beat it solo with a 62 rogue.

Since I made the post I played a lot.

I played some helltide events, and I feel it would be more fun with more mobs and higher requirements for opening chests.

I played some nightmare sigils and I found it would benefit from a higher mob density.

I farmed some favor for the tree and I wish I met more mobs.

I also tried to find some altars and do some renown work but it is really boring because you just don’t meet mobs.

So in a nutshell: yeah reaching world tier 4 did not really help, especially did not make wt1 more fun in hindsight.

1 Like

You have to be at the campaign to get WT3 unlocked