Butcher feels overtuned

I know he’s supposed to be difficult to encounter and I’m not saying he should be stupidly easy, but he still feels overtuned.
Even with a burst build, I had to kite him around a pillar for 4 minutes before I finally decided to let him kill me so that he’d screw off. Even then, I didn’t even manage to make bring him down the first 3rd of his health for potions to drop. Couldn’t get far enough to be able to tell if he leashes because that snare is so strong.\

Edit: Also adding that it was in Black Asylum and I killed the final elite in <10 seconds, so again, it’s not that my build isn’t high dps.

34 Likes

he is harder then in the beta.
but i killed him because he bugged on a health caldron

6 Likes

He’s the Diablo version of Nemesis, from Resident Evil. Adds a bit of tension to each dungeon

8 Likes

if he wasn’t so damn fast it would be nice. best to try to run away he gets fed up and leaves

8 Likes

his “get over here” goes over 2 or 3 screens. very op

7 Likes

He is now getting through placed barriers like bone prison way faster, he screams and AoE all of them within second. Had lot of fun killing him yesterday, semiuseful defensive leg drop.

Encountered him in my first dungeon. He just killed me, too strong and too tough, nothing i could have done at that point. Literally impossible for me to have killed him. Not really my kind of design tbh. I assume he wont be a problem anymore after i get the stuff that makes me actually powerful, but before that his presence is just a waste of time.

3 Likes

Killed him twice without too much trouble. It’s just a gear/spec thing really.

5 Likes

Pretty much that, I dont think people realize how gear based whole game is, you get good drops? You can easily push 8 time the dps on same level as someone who didn’t. It sorts itself out overtime.

4 Likes

Same died at level 12. Had no chance couldn’t even get him down too 90% HP and tried running away. After I died just laughed at how OP he was and thought this is why I don’t play HC due to some random impossible spawn at the wrong time.

He might be killable (questionable) if your level 12 has leggo’s and gear handed down from a main if unlucky enough to run into him. Maybe… Just think it’s bad design especially considering we have HC.

Maybe he should only spawn after level 20 or so? Just so you can actually fight him.

PS - World tier 1 as well.

2 Likes

Butcher turned my Druid into bird food, I did absolutely no damage.

6 Likes

But that’s the thing. I wasn’t undergeared or anything. I was clearing that dungeon pretty easily but him getting pulled I wasn’t able to do anything.

If the game’s just gonna drop him on u randomly, u need to be able to have at least a chance and his difficulty scale with the dungeon instead of it having it be an arbitrary “is ur gear much better than the content ur running” check.
Either that or have him despawn after a few minutes or if u run far enough away.

5 Likes

He can scale only with level, he doesnt scale with gear, chances are you werent as well geared as you thought you were, difference can be really massive. That’s the thing with ARPG, not all fights are winnable with all gear.

I get your issue is that it is sudden spike, but I feel like it spice up things well. If you die to it, then imho no bigge. If you win it as closely as I did yesterday, it was actually bit of adrenalin rush, definitely enjoyable. (On beta i’ve steamrolled him at lv 25 after dying to him two times when I had worse gear)

1 Like

Rip HC characters

He’s so overtuned in a game where it’s normal to have gear 10 levels lower than you because drops suck.

5 Likes

He’s fun. Though after not seeing him at all server slam, I got him first dungeon this time on a ranged rogue. I just suicided to him rather than waste my time trying to take him down with a pea shooter.

That’s one of the nice things about him….he doesn’t penalize you if you’re not on hardcore. Just some extra fun challenge.

I killed him first try on 25 necro with no good legendaries and a minion build.

Unstoppable as a minion necro; but thats not saying much

2 Likes

Yea, I ran into him with my Werewolf Druid at around level 13 and there really isn’t anything you can do. He doesn’t do avoidable damage so either you’re geared/leveled enough to face tank him or you die; or maybe ranged classes can successfully kite him.

Just gotta bulk up.

1 Like

Yeah you can kite him. My minions distracted him and it seemed like he was slowed by my ice mage minions but I’m not sure. I just ran back and forth down a hall and he died. Didn’t even have golem yet.

He did do a bunch of damage to me but just healed with pots.

It was actually a cluster because I agroed like 3 other elites and they dropped those stupid lightning orbs in the hall that I had to run through.

So are the only people posting they could kill it necromancers with minions to tank butcher?

He just killed my sorc with his hyper speed attacks, went through ice shield and potions pretty fast and his health was still high. This was on World Tier 1 and haven’t had a problem with other bosses.

*edit: I should add that I had encountered him with a fresh defensive shrine buff, so that I wasn’t even taking damage for the duration of the buff. Still couldn’t kill him, when all other bosses were easy to kill. The disparity in the tuning is huge, which is problematic when it’s World Tier 1. You can’t possibly drop any lower to try to get through him.