Blizzard is considering adding clan/coop ONLY activities in the game

So! My biggest and pretty much only wish after the beta was…
…Make sure that all content in the future is soloable.
Shared world? Cool
Events? Awesome
But at the same time allow players to build around their characters solo (as in previous Diablo games) to complete ALL content.

Now, it looks like bunch of streamers were invited by Blizz for some Q&A and… Those streamers are asking for group-only content to be added. Just like in full-blown MMOs.

Here’s the source: Diablo 4 - Exclusive Developer Interview - YouTube

IMO - Terrible, TERRBILE idea. Gating content from solo players is just terrible decision. Why not allow ALL kinds of players to enjoy ALL the content they payed for? You know… Like in any other aRPG?

64 Likes

I would be willing to at least see a video of what this would look like in D4 according to Blizz.

1 Like

Your title said bliz is considering it, but your post said streamers asked for it. Those are two very different things.

(Won’t see the vid anytime soon)

Personally I’d be happy to see more group content added, but don’t think it should have any rewards that are better than what can be gotten through solo play.

8 Likes

I think this is going to be an eternal conflict within the community. You have long time fans wanting it to stick to its roots but you also are going to have a mass of people (which will likely be more than the OGs) who their Blizzard game experience is WoW. They will want it to be an MMO in full and will see no raids as a lack of content. They also hate seasons and want infinite progression. Blizzard is going to have to balance this and expect they will fall on their face more than once.

For the record I want to be able to solo the game. To me a raid boss is Champion Gundyr because if I wipe it is my fault no one else. I also prefer seasons because it is more casual than infinite progress like MMOs. I’ve enjoyed MMOs but once I leave I’m gone for good because I come back and there is just all this catch up to do and it just isn’t worth it to me.

Let’s hope Blizzard keeps the game soloable but offer ways to change the solo experience so groups are satisfied too.

Edit - I do want to say I like the shared world and group content a lot actually and it feels like a natural evolution in the series. Pinnacle content though should always be able to be done solo but invite friends if that’s your thing.

10 Likes

Agree. I don’t mind the shared world as well.
Like I said - The way it’s done, with low amout of people per server, is really good.
Sanctuary feels like desolate place BUT sometimes you might stumble upon another adventurer. Cool.

But like you pointed out - I want a freedom of choice when it comes to the way I play Diablo games. I want to have a banter with my mates or meet new folks? Great, I’m gonna party up.
But I want to really test my build or immerse myself in the world? I’m gonna solo the hardest content seeing if my build is good enough.

Artificial gating is, for me, very poor way of implementing things in aRPGs.

3 Likes

People have to get over the fact that Diablo is not a pure solo player game anymore.

5 Likes

I like the idea of it. Group content can be designed to be mechanically challenging, where as solo content has to be accessible to anyone and is too easy to provide any longevity to the game for those of us that like a challenge.

As long as they don’t offer exclusive rewards or power increases that you can’t get elsewhere, I don’t see why anyone would be against it.

3 Likes

I would like an option to ghost all players in a server tho so you don’t see them running around. Most days I personally prefer other players but when I have a limited time to grind some evenings I would like it to be solo or friends only. I like how D4 is set up but I think rewards like world bosses should have something to do with how much a player contributes (not just sneek in and steal Asheva kill at last second and get same rewards).

4 Likes

Reaching and beating pinnacle bosses in PoE is way harder and complicated than reaching (all you have to do is reach endgame) and killing raid bosses in LA for example.

So I disagree.

Not to mention that character building and itemizations are totally different between MMOs and aRPGs. The entire point of 3 months cycle is to start with new char/build and take it as far as possible.

And finally - If you want Diablo MMO experience - Diablo Immortal was advertised to be just that. You have your group content there.

1 Like

Oh look here, it appears we have a skill issue, specifically a social one.

Yeah, if there’s a chance of meeting someone like you - I’d rather aviod it.

9 Likes

So it’s a win win then.

Haven’t you got a PoE dungeon to “brain rot” through?

Blizzard are trying to evolve the genre so its not a month long game at best for most people that they then drop.

The likes of offline/lan Diablo 2 are history, we need to move on. I don’t even know how so many people got so addicted to it, there were so many other great games to play back then also.

2 Likes

You’re not adding anything into disscussion.
“Evolve the genre” - Care to provide example?
Or anything substencial?
Also - noone mentioned ANYTHING about game being offline. So again - Did you even read the topic or just decided to reply “just because”?

3 Likes

That makes too much sense. Players can still play on their own through the story like any past Diablo game, then get bored after a month and quit. Also like any past Diablo game.

How does adding content that you don’t have to do that other players will enjoy affect you negatively in any way?

You haven’t read anything that was posted didn’t you?

It’s not about content. It’s about locking that content from a big chunk of players. You know… The same people who went on board with nostalgia driven marketing that told us it’s “return to darkness” and it’s gonna embrace it’s D2 roots.

Also what’s stopping you from playing Diablo Immortal? It’s a full blown MMO game made for people like you.

4 Likes

The answer they won’t give, and is the truth–

“Because it’s not what I want, and the game should be entirely based on only the things I want to do”

1 Like

Because people don’t like to miss out on content that is a part of their game. That is why in World of Warcraft we got group finder eventually. Before that only a fraction of the players actually experienced the raids, for the rest that content might as well not have been there.
It’s not about content you don’t have to do, but rather about content you want to do but can’t do. The simple truth is that not everybody has the same social skills or would even want to interact with other players on that level. They still want to play all the pve content though.

10 Likes

Sorry you’re wrong, it’s like I wrote earlier. It’s PVE content that a lot of players would want to play but can’t, either due to lack of social skills or simply due to not wanting to interact with other players on that level.

3 Likes

D4 is not solo game tho. You can choose to play it solo tho but not all content.

I think giving good exclusive stuff to do to clans is great idea.

I am 100% for the changes… some things just aren’t soloable and that is okay with me.

This isn’t previous games, Diablo needed to evolve.

2 Likes