Bait and switch flavor of the month

What you think you see does not necessarily reflect Blizzards reality of player engagement numbers. So whatever you are projecting to know about game design and what not, shove it.

I just dont like to play the same thing every season, so its good they swap the meta around. Nothing wrong with it. There is usually more than 1 build for each class that is capable of finishing the season. This season I played 4 different builds as a necro that I did not play before and that were all capable of finishing the season.

Can you try not to be toxic or is it offensive when someone disagrees with you? I don’t think “shove it” is warrented.
Also I clearly never said YOU were wrong.
I accept your opinion and voiced my own.

Also - Read the Forums and watch some content creators.
It’s now working well for Blizz right now.

Finally - It appears you might have missed my point:
IF the Classes had a Solid Foundation to begin with - Meta would be UP TO THE PLAYER.
There would be no Game of handholding and guiding Players to the next best Flavor of the Season build.

If all things were Viable you would have a problem making a decision without being told what to do?
If the game for example had 10x VIABLE Sorc builds … you would see that as “I don’t like to play the same thing every Season”???
Ok then.

I can be less toxic. Will you be less toxic towards the devs?

Unless you have every single skill do the same exact amount of damage, there will always be a meta dictated by that damage. Yes, even a single digit more damage in a skill will lead to people only playing that build.

I prefer a game where there is variance by tweaking some numbers and shift said meta around, even if it means certain builds are not viable at certain times. And again, the outliers we are seeing, cannot be addressed because of the community we are. Look at all the whining right now about the PTR. They are trying to dial it down, to bring everything a little closer together, but everyone and their dog are shi tting all over them.

1 Like

I’m really hoping they add the skill size, duration, damage, etc. to a LOT more skills for the expansion. It’s a decent system overall, but as you say, many skills didn’t get any love and it shows in the builds. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Absolutely, the temper manuals need more tuning. Thats what I meant with lack of data. The PTR for season 4 did not give a full picture of how the system would play out. And now after half the season is over,they have the data and you are seeing a lot of changes on the PTR already. Thats one of the systems that will also see constant changes over the seasons.

I agree with you to a point: Yes if X skill did even 1% more DPS then it would be favored or if it was inherently safer but with same dps and so on.

That’s where the “Build Defining Gear/Items” comes into play.

Want to change the Meta Devs? That’s how they do it.
Instead of only (as in D3) 1 build being pushed to the front - push 2 or 3 from a pool of 8-10.
More variance and more choices.
It’s driving people crazy that the Class(es) are getting pushed around up down left right constantly every single damn season.

While you might like “Mixing it up” Season to Season which I assure you I share the feelings(I’ll usually swap classes to mix it up though) …
Some form of FOUNDATIONAL CONSISTENCY is imperative!
Some of us aren’t super versed in every minute nuance of every skill and node etc.
These changes and alterations of interactions at the very CORE drive me crazy.

Gear should be going through iterations - not characters(within reason of course! balancing and patching is necessary…)
Alter the numbers on Gear to throttle strengths and weaknesses and promote metas - NOT, mind you, like D3 which was :up: :up: :up: those 1000’s of %'s.
It’s ok to take some away from items and give a little to another one to INCENTIVIZE a different build instead of forcing it.

I’m speaking in subtle changes and terms.
Blizz is a tad egregious and clumsy in their approach and in MY Opinion is doing it backwards.

I would love if that were true - I want everything dialed down and kept in check.
In fact I’d love it if 95% of the Multipliers were either trashed or reduced to very very minor values.
Sadly if it was primarily additive with few multiplicative factors - then Metamagician hard core players would be quite upset.
As for people crapping on the Devs - I cannot speak for them. I try(I hope I succeed) to be reasonable and speak neutrally, be proactive, find solutions & common ground and keep most of my emotions out of it.
Folks should learn to not take a game too personal.

Many of the tempers feel like they should have gone into uniques. This also has the balancing effect of avoiding powerful tempers of getting stacked everywhere possible, e.g. the double cast of basics if limited to just 1 item due to a unique status, this would have been a good balancing approach.

I think philosophically if the purpose of tempers was to balance out RNG, e.g. finding vulnerable or critical strike damage on a weapon, they should have focused on the core affixes for tempers rather than crossing over into ‘build enabling’ or ‘build defining’ temper capabilities.

I treat every new season as a new game, I look at them in a vacuum. Whatever was in the seasons before has to bearance on the new one.

Getting everything on the same level is not a viable business model for them. It takes way too long to get there. WoW devs took years to get there, massive overhauls over the years as well. But they have a subscription model, they can afford that luxury. And since they had success with that kind of shifting in D3, they will not get change that anytime soon.

Shifting the meta is fine, but doing stuff like S3 “lol charge now does 900% more damage, have fun” isn’t like some puzzle to solve - they’re blatantly selecting a handful of builds and everything else can shove it.

Game your way they said. 900% buff on a skill you’ve never used. They need to stop controlling the meta. Leave more generic aspects.

Totally agree with this post.

Yes, this drove me crazy in Diablo 3 and it’s even worse now. Quit obsessing on balance so much and focus more on letting players have fun and play what they want to.

Barbs are not balanced with the other 4 classes. That’s the real problem .

Is it worse than D4’s Bait & Failure to deliver?:unamused:

Because they are clueless. Nerfing ice shield and teleport. Like wtf? I understood flame shield.

Naw D3 is still worse. I knew what I was buying at launch and they were very specific in calling the launched product a core structure to build on as seasons went about.

But they said everything that they were avoiding the power creep bait and switch model and yes they spoke about sets and the damage they did. I see no difference here with what they are doing.

Have you tried hota? I did then immediately shut the game off

Same old, Same old Response :unamused::yawning_face: And nope D4 is…Maybe someday D4 will get better the way D3 did but I ain’t gonna hold my breath till it happens