Anyone try a Frenzy Barb, recently?

S2 is going to likely favor builds that focus on Overpower with their nerf to Critical Strike Damage and Vulnerability again. It is highly unlikely it will allow more versatility in builds. If Basic Skills Cleaved and dealt damage to all Close enemies in a 180 degree Arc, it would be much better. This single-handedly would fix Fury Generation, Conditional applications, and make Basic Skills potentially viable as a Primary attack, or at the very least useful outside of Fury Generation, Weapon Swap stand-in, and proc Might/Expectant.

Losign the entire stack of Frensy (or any stacking buff really) is the issue here. It should just decay over time instead. Lose one stack after a certain amount of time expire.

Quakes should work this way also. When you leave a Quake, you maintain the buff for 3 seconds afterwards. This gives you more flexibility in movement and extends Quakes by 3 seconds effectively.

Inner Calm would immediately apply 1 stack when stopped instead of taking a full second to apply. Moving reduces the stacks by 1 every second.

Flay and Frenzy absolutely should decay by 1 every time it is not reapplied.

Sounds like Druid Werebear Pulverize will be a choice. Maybe I’ll start with that, then play a Barbarian.

I would place a bet that Druid and Blood Necro are hands down best for S2.

Im about to make a frenzy barb in d3 s29. Im using 2 piece frenzy with immortal kings too. Lotta fun. SSF is groovy.
You guys should barb it up with me. 800 paragon cap so anyone can jump in & compete.

carrotfeets

I’m not feeling that itch to play the necro. I can play that on D2 and D3 for now and be okay with it. Rogue and Sorc don’t interest me at all. So it’d Druid and Barbarian. This time I will start with Druid, then roll a Barb.

Apache222

That actually sounds like fun. I will have to try that out. I just started a Barb for SSF too. and have a level 1 Barb sitting there for S29 as well. I have finished my seasonal journey, so I am always looking for ways to play D3.

Add me Unsanety #1456. Be cool to Barb with someone. Most people rather play DH. I have one for speed rifts and bounty farming, but I prefer the playstyle of the Barb.

More than likely, Bash, Frenzy (2x 1H Mace), Battle Trance, Earthstriker, Gushing Wounds, Violent HoTA, Rend (Double Core) focusing on Overpower, Fortify Health, Max Health is going to be Meta for S2 with the undoubted making Overpower really good and nerfing Vuln/Crit.

• Bash
  • Frenzy
  • Rend
  • HoTA
  • Iron Skin
  • Leap

Stuns/Bleeds/Overpower/IAS/Movement/Weapon Swaps

Guarantee Overpowers as fast as possible.

will do
who else is in?
:slight_smile:

I just read a little bit about season two. Looks like a lot of fun and I really want to play the druid. But I also want to play the Barbarian too. Now I don’t know which one to start with.

There’s a vampire power that’s similar to the barber but for primary attacks. Frenzy might be “the thing” next season.

1 Like

Ravenous: Lucky Hit: Up to a 20% chance to increase your Attack Speed by 40% of your Total Movement Speed for 6 seconds.

• Could work very well with Frenzy and Rallying Cry.

Terror: When struck, you have a 14% chance to Fear nearby enemies and Slow them by 80% for 2 seconds. You are guaranteed to Critically Strike enemies who are Feared.

• Frenzy with Butcher’s Cleaver will cause a chain reaction of Fear and always Crit.

Moonrise: Hitting an enemy with a Basic Skill grants you 4% Attack Speed for 10 seconds, stacking up to 5 times. Upon reaching maximum stacks, you enter a Vampiric Bloodrage, gaining 160% Basic Skill damage and 15% Movement Speed for 10 seconds.

• This seems made for Frenzy, but Frenzy is limited to Single Targets.

Hectic: For every 5 Basic Skills you cast, one of your active Cooldowns is reduced by 2 seconds.

• Shouts with Frenzy would be interesting. Running it with Iron Maelstrom, Tactical Ground Stomp, and Anticipation (S2 Blood Power) would give you 100% Uptime to Shouts and you can spam Iron Maelstrom almost. Taking 100,000 Steps and running a Walking Arsenal Build would be fantastic.

Hemomancy: Your attacks deal 80% of your Maximum Life as Physical damage to nearby enemies. This can only occur once every 4 seconds. You heal for 1% of your Maximum Life for each enemy damaged this way.

• I am assuming this is what you meant as the replacement for Barber? It only scales with Max Life. The Healing effect is the primary reason to take this but will heavily favor Overpower builds that focus on Max HP, Fortify, and Overpower. I don’t see anything that replaces Barber really, which is what makes Frenzy decent.

I think it depends on what new uniques they introduce. If we get depth diggers (100% boost to primary damage) or undisputed champion (boosts frenzy damage etc) or something equal to those D3 items frenzy can become really super good. Right now we dont have any real primary damage boosters.

1 Like

Can’t really do much on experimentation when we don’t have the gear yet. I’ll leave the theorycrafting to other posters. The description is a little wonky at times. Got to be able to test out exactly what those items do before making definitive conclucions.

I hope they do. Those would be great too. The game needs more uniques. It sucks getting the same ones over and over again. In any case, I am looking forward to playing Season 2. A little over a week left to go too.

Thanks to Unsanety for coming to play with me :slight_smile: Well, chat with at least, SSF and all lol.

This is what a D3 frenzy barb looks like
Apache222#1831 - Community - Diablo III (blizzard.com)

Notice the pants, the cube items (the ring is a royal granduer), the sets. The specialty gem that intensifies primary damage & heals you. There is a LOT of accessories that go into making builds like this. Changing around a skill or two aint gonna do it.

1 Like

Frenzy needs a method to deal its damage as an AoE. IMO - all Basic attacks should deal damage in 180 degree cleave.

Already invented
Bastion’s Revered - Game Guide - Diablo III (blizzard.com)

How would I link a build here? I have a Frenzy build from last season, it’s slightly different. I know you can look at my toon when I log in, but I wanted others to see it to see what their critique would be. I am not a GG gamer by any means, but I do like learning new stuff and seeing what works best for my playstyle.

HA! I DUDDITS!!!

PS.

You’re welcome Apache222. Season 2 for D4 is soon, can team up and Barb the new vampire powers. Definitely looking forward to that, with a Druid as well.

1 Like

Links from blizzard sites work

1 Like