After this beta weekend - will forums go on a freeze?

Just wondering if you will freeze the activity of the forums until the game is released or another “demo/beta” wave is released? If you dont, I’m sure we will have many forum trolls getting people twisted with their sick thoughts of nerf’ing x class or y skill or complain that theres too much loot or too much xps or too much fun.

Those are all the same people that will be level 50 with 50 paragons sitting outside newbie town waiting to corpse camp newbies yelling at them to ‘git gud’.

I’d imagine that the forums will still be available to those who actually purchased the game. The chicken sandwich peasants and freeloaders will go back to reddit or some other place to complain.

Also I’m pretty sure PvP is only available in certain zones and higher level characters won’t be able to grief lowbies iirc. You can avoid all PvP if you want to.

Yes… Remember when diablo 1 came out? soooooo long ago, there was a way for people to kill people in town?! First time that happened to me I was so pissed a person killed me and took all my stuff i vowed to never play that game again! haha

if there is a will there is a way that people will figure out how to trick people to turn on the pvp flag and get squished

to this day, I never loaded diablo 1 up and i skipped diablo 2 all together. it wasnt until a valentines day sale on the playstation store for diablo 3 full everything edition for $5 did i start playing diablo games again.

Wow, rarely have I seen such a blatant display of “Censor everyone just to stop those I don’t agree with from speaking.” This is a seriously demented, dark, and dangerous line of thinking.

Hmm… you havent heard of twitter before Elon took over?

That’s a good attempt to point the finger and pull a classic “what-aboutism”, but what you suggested is much different than what Elon did, you suggested to remove everyone’s ability to discuss the topics all together. Twitter censored some people. One is targeted censorship, which is bad, the other is complete speech oppressions aimed at silencing all people because of some whom you don’t personally agree with, which is infinitely worse. For Elon to do what you suggested, he would have to have said “I don’t like what might say, I’m going to buy Twitter and then shut it down so nobody can Tweet anything, because their sick ideas might get out.” That isn’t what happened, it is however what you suggested.

good points!

I just think its silly to allow idle chatter while there is actually no game up to cross reference peoples messages. So it all becomes hear say as the game is down and no one can prove or deny what is really the case.

I don’t see anything in the pinned topics that mentions anything about stopping forum access between beta and retail launch. I would think that as long as people are following the forum guidelines, you can still post. (Discuss all things Diablo IV with fellow PC-based wanderers)

Also I did not find any reference to a freeze time in the news article which announced the Forums (Blizzard Support - Breaking News - Diablo IV Open Beta Guide)

So, I would assume we can continue to post. Provided that the rules are followed (no trolling, harrassment, etc.) Generally those poster will be dealt with by the forum mods.

Happy posting!

Hey, I am a chicken double down muncher LOL!!

(PS I bought the game) lol

1 Like

Chicken Muncher sounds so much better than Chicken Chaser! haha

2 Likes

The Double Down is pretty good. I could feel my arteries clogging as I ate it LOL!!! I will probably get another today!

1 Like

i wont lie it sounds like it would be tasty!

I love fried chicken and bacon, however I dont really like KFC for some reason.

That is literally all forums have ever been.