Absolutely terrible 1st impression

The game lags something horrible. No i’m not talking about login issues or even the disconnects. Playing the game feels horrible. Clearly there is a cap on the amount of players you can accommodate. Your stress test last week at the expense of people who payed into early beta access has not been fruitful. If this is what I can expect from your online service then count me and many others out.

I know this is beta, but I’m familiar with your company and it’s history with betas and I know this will be an ongoing issue for live game years to come. No thanks.

3 Likes

Last weekend was for the limited preorder purchasers.

This weekend is for everyone, a massive difference. They said the preorder event had 1million players. I dare not think how many more there is this weekend with free access.

3 Likes

The game was slightly less laggy last week. It’s certainly more pronounced this week for obvious reasons but the underlining issue is there and it is consistent. This game will always lag in open world.

I didnt have any actual lag at all last week and i played for about 48 hours total. I had frame skipping and other stuff. But no lag. You want to see lag? Go play the division 2 and try to do anything outside of dc… lol

Another complaint that was already explained and addressed in the PSA at the top of the forums.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d4/t/expectations-for-the-diablo-iv-open-beta-march-24-26/6276/3

So this is your first experience of online gaming during peak release windows? There’s always instability issues… has been for decades.

They are stressing the servers…

In addition to the load bearing from players, most companies, including Blizzard themselves puts additional load on them to stress test them. This is intentional for a stress test beta.

1 Like

I didn’t have lag either last week, it lags a bit now and there are invisible walls. But I’m not worried come launch day, maybe will lag the first day too but after that it will be fine.

This is a stress test, thats because is an open beta, if you don’t like it go back to sleep. If anything, blizz should take note, because this weekend will be more like launch day, and everyone, you, me and blizz wants to be the smoothest launch possible.

Those weren’t invisible walls… that was server desync. Trying to connect to the zone you were trying to move into, but the amount of time for the server to catch up to your request could take a long time…

1 Like

I am not lagging at all. Tyrn down resolution to 1440 and to med graphix game is notboptimized yet. Have to be in full screen as well

Same here. My 1st impression is horrible. Not pre-ordering for sure…
i7-9700k, 32 Gigs RAM, 3070 Ti and Samsung M2 SSD… And the game lags! Absolutely unacceptable. UI is just another topic… I am so disappointed in this game.

Lag doesn’t have to do with your specs, d4 servers are really on heavy stress from players right now… thats the reason of this beta

try lagofast, install the new nvidia driver

Yeah I was having lag issues as well. The necromancer summoned skeletons seemed really choppy in their movements as they game didn’t see like it could keep up.

Run into a huge rubberbanding/lag issue when starting an event boss fight.

Fixed your post there.

Thanks my fellow bearded brother

Game is terrible, worse that Diablo Immortal with combining the worst parts of Diablo 2, 3, and Immortal, definitely won’t be buying it.