Absolutely Can't Stand scaling

Lay off the goofy weed there.

The point is that with world scaling you aren’t confined to one specific zone to do your looting/farming.

it makes zero sense to scale the first zone and not have the rest scale…

You do know you can hover your mouse over different places on the map to see the zone level right?

There’s a Lvl 35 stronghold zone in the Dry Steppes northwest of Nevesk.

Exactly. This way I can CHOOSE to farm the DAMP cellar in zone 2 instead of the DARK cellar in zone 4.

1 Like

More like the Dank cellar

1 Like

When you like playing hard core characters, you die is a pretty heavy risk

1 Like

Ok for those who didn’t understand…everyone is saying with scaling the content stays relevant and you can go where ever you want(Dank Cellar) but these 1st zones only scale to 25 right? How will they be relevant in end game?

Then go to higher level zones or up the difficulty I guess? They don’t scale down to your level, they scale up to your level, right? As in, if youre 20 and go to a 25 zone, they’re 25.

I thought it just scaled up to your level and 25 was the cap so that’s as high as they scale currently, but I also haven’t seen it anywhere

As I understand, yes.

So the world scaling is a hybrid between what you used to see in WoW and what they do in D3 now.

Each zone has a minimum level. Once you exceed that minimum level, the zone level scales with you. The only exception I’m aware of is strongholds which seem to always want to be 2 levels higher than you.

Yea I don’t understand the point of the OP in that case then

I think they really just don’t understand the game and don’t like that it’s different without taking the time to look around.

Ok that makes sense. I think people need to be careful wording that mobs only go L25 max when they mean mobs have a min lvl and scale to max level.

No, stop repeating that worthless presumption. Get some new material. And maybe next time address the content.

There’s a lot of confusion about this honestly. Blizzard really dropped the ball explaining how level scaling works.

I only figured this out yesterday just wandering around as a level 10.

I don’t do drugs, but thanks for your concern. The comment was meant to be tongue-in-cheek, but really my point was, if you try to make everything relevant by saying “we’ll just make every mob, no matter what it is or where you are in the world, the same relative power to you at all times” it all feels rather… samey.

The only thing you need to understand with scaling is when you level up you get weaker and the mobs get stronger. It’s really that simple. It’s like they copied the scaling system from wow.

It “has” to be like this because of the multiplayer/mmo aspect of the game. I use quotation marks because let’s be honest they could have put set levels everywhere and nobody would have cared. The smart thing is that you’re basically recycling all your content with scaling so it “appears” to be more than it really is when you reach end-game.

Except mobs don’t scale to your power, they scale to your level. These are very different things.

I’d be great if there were a check box that was scaling… so that if I want to play the area with lower min level stats (and loot) I can progress at my pace, and when I’m happy with my build, I can click scaling and get the better drops, and challenge… I see the advantages of scaling, but I have played old school hardcore characters in d2 for too many years… I don’t want to fight Duriel/infector of souls/minion of destruction scaled… but Mephisto, Baal, Diablo sure

1 Like

Yes, but in practice they’re sometimes functionally equivalent. In fact, the same mob type you were just fighting when you leveled up will outscale you, if only for a brief time.