500 Mephisto runs would show them what real end game content is lol

Dude I had a addiction to D2 at the time lol I was on it nonstop after school until i slept at 1am then weekends I would sleep very few hours to get back on to hang out with the programming clan my friend was in that had a lot of D2 people to pvp and do fast loot runs with. 13 years old lol then LoD came out right as I got out of school for summer and it was over lol I had no life I wont lie it was such a great time on Battle Net - D2 Starcraft and Warcraft.

Yeah and those same Diablo 2 players are now in their 40’s and 50’s. This isn’t high school or college anymore for them lol

I would honestly prefer if dungeons had a straight shot to the boss instead of forcing me to rescue 6 people every time and carry to stones to some pedestals to fight a boss.

1 Like

i played d2 when it came out and did those mephisto runs. the game is 20 yers old and should not be a way to invalidate modern criticism. the games industry has evolved leaps and bounds since then.

If D2 had D4 itemisation then nobody would have played it beyond the first 3 months let alone 23 years.

4 Likes

huh??? it was fun to farm meph/diablo/baal… made farming fun…

1 Like

they should have boss dungeons, where you enter the dungeon, fight the first boss, 2nd room is the next boss and so on…

Why does everyone try to make this argument? All diablo game play is pretty much the same.

It’s the loot and systems around that loot that make it interesting.

4 Likes

Sadly, that’s a lot more fun than 500 dungeons with bosses we never heard of or none at all.

1 Like

Oh I agree. The game needs alot more. But it’s silly to compare the Diablo 2 hardship to Diablo 4 when some of the players in this game were not even born at the time.

D2 endgame :

• mf doing meph, pindle, cow, trav, andariel, baal either one over and over with spec char or mix run.
  • Goldfind barb for gamble
  • trade to build wealth and/or get other chars for pvp/mf, or to gamble and trade away some valuable stuff and buy 400x gems and try to roll a crazy item
  • public chaos pk/pvp
  • organized duels either tvt or 1v1. Tournaments on weekends, leagues running for a couple of weeks or just duels for fun

The combination of all the above gave me 6 solid years of everlasting gameplay.

1 Like

This is a big one for me.

You are forgetting

1. Items are just more interesting in general: Modifiers have larger ranges so finding a 300 % ed weapon feels amazing, Uniques have a lot of modifiers on them and feel impactful. Set items are fun to collect. Rares can roll up to 6 modifiers instead of 4. Items can have more sockets. There is more stuff to pick up off the ground like jewels, charms, runes, 4/6 socket armor and weapons, ect. Crafting is better with the cube and runewords. Base items are more unique and have specific defining attributes. I could go on and on…
3 Likes

This is the perfect example of loot being interesting, trying to find all the highest gold find gear, Lems, and decent gold find charms. Same with magic find sets etc.

All there is to do Diablo 4 is making the damage number bigger.

4 Likes

You are forgetting the Uber bosses in Uber Tristam and the new terror zones too! Also, all the side areas like The Pit, Ancient Tunnels, ect, got buffed and are great places to MF now.

5 Likes

How’s doing 500 meph runs any different than the current NM grind except that there’s fetch quests in each dungeon?

That’s not a good argument, especially when you take into consideration that there’s 23 years between d2 and d4.

The endgame is objectively bad for a game released in 2023.

1 Like

It isn’t, and what’s hyperbolic and disingenuous about it, is the OP clearly hasn’t played D2 lately (or ever) because there are a lot more activates you can do now to MF.

You’re comparing D4 to a game that’s over 20 years old: Diablo 2.

A better comparison would be to compare D4 to games made within the last 5 years. How does D4 stack up to modern games in the same genre?

By comparing D4 to an extremely old game, you’re arguing in bad faith. You’re comparison doesn’t fit the discussion or criticism being made. You may have even deceived yourself with an inappropriate and illogical frame of reference.

When somebody says D4 lacks content, they’re not talking about content from 20 years ago. They’re talking about content that they can find in other new games right now. Nobody is asking for 500 Mephisto runs in D4. They’re asking for what other new games have to offer when it comes to end game play.

You’re only attempting to muddy the waters by making such an irrational comparison.

4 Likes

Precisely. What the F are we chasing here, sligtly better of the same rare item? wooo
Or one of the 4 in the world shakos? Really?

2 Likes

Yeah my memories are mostly pre-lod, 1.09-1,10. Have had a blast discovering d2r lately

1 Like

Why in the world would we be setting the bar at a 22 year old game… with no live service capability?