3080Ti Bricked by Diablo 4

running my card with fans on full .screen flickers and then vram gets a tdr error it was stable for maybe a week . now it isnt . there isnt anything wrong with everyones computer all at the same time. we all have the same problem ? root cause analysis would be diablo is causing the issues its not vram usage or the amount of work the card is doing its caused by the game itself .

actually when it did start to happen for me was the other night someone ran past me and sent a public message that was spam screen flickered for a second then few minutes later started crashing over and over . all i saw the person type was a bunch of 11111111111111./1.1,111.1.1 and i think the chat filter hid it im not sure either way thats when it started .

So this has just started happening to me. Everything has been fine, all through beta, all through launch. But then last weekend (24th June) played D4, nothing else open apart from discord. Computer crashed. My GPU was extremely hot. Waited till the next day and saw Diablo using twice as much VRAM as before and my GPU gets super hot within ten minutes of opening the game. Cleaned out my whole PC, including GPU. Started game again, same thing happened. Lowered all settings in the game to low, tried again, same thing happened. Anyone know of a fix, I just wanna play the game before the story gets spoiled.
Latest drivers for GPU, Windows are installed.
Asus 3080 rog strix
32gb Ram
i7 10700K

1 Like

Download msi afterburner and in main windows set power limit to like 70% or even lower depending on what still delivers enough performance in your opinion and you will have in consequence lower temps.

best argument so far

Probably coding errors. if they can’t even proofread to catch common spelling errors “scapel” etc, why would we assume they’re checking the code?
The only solution I have found is turning crossplay completely off.

Meanwhile…Blizzard: “FEATURE!”

Diablo 4 bricked my PS4. Completely destroyed the harddrive. Nothing was wrong with it until I downloaded diablo then constant crashes, resets, etc.

The GPU on my stationary computer no longer work since the D4 beta, so i get where you are coming from.

Never had any issues with crashes before D4 beta but after playing the beta for an hour or so my computer just shut down and now the GPU will no longer run games. Computer boots up fine and all temperatures looks normal but as soon as i try to run anything GPU intensive it just shuts down.

So yeah, i believe you 100%. Thankfully i also own a gaming laptop and the GPU that died was an older 2080 model so i don’t really care, but it’s still messed up, lol.

you had a 3080ti in your ps4? that’s impressive.

Did I say that you nimrod?

you’re responding with a ps4 problem in a 3080Ti forum post. gg noobs :smiley:

Im replying showing its not inclusive to PCs. Sorry youre too dumb to understand that.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.