About the Hardcore category

Discuss your experiences while playing hardcore mode.

Use the following paragraphs for a longer description, or to establish category guidelines or rules:

• Why should people use this category? What is it for?

• How exactly is this different than the other categories we already have?

• What should topics in this category generally contain?

• Do we need this category? Can we merge with another category, or subcategory?

1 Like

Hardcore cant be merged with other categories i believe. Its its own stategy and way to play. Lots of confusion on meta and styles of play when players are discussing what they are doing in game.

2 Likes

Hello, I have just experienced something that will impact a heavy toll on those who play Hardcore. If you disconnect for whatever reason. Your character will die in the middle of the world or open combat. I got disconnected and given error code 395002 and was temporarily locked out of my account. Leaving my character helpless and killed by the mobs as I could no longer defend myself. To rectify this, I would recommend sending the character to the nearest unlocked or main hub that is available, or removing their character in the second they are DC’ed. For this is going to cause huge outrage and frustration to anyone who happens to have a sudden spike in their internet or a lose of internet all together. Please, fix this issue and if anyone else has experienced this, will likely come running and asking for their characters to be returned on the terms of fault on product. This is a suggestion to help prevent an angry fanbase, not an attacking message to your developers. I have sent in a ticket with all the info I could provide and even video evidence of the loss of my character. Please help your players not lose their characters over something as spontaneous as a disconnection.

7 Likes

Dude I feel ur pain… Mine died due to the game freezing… Very very stupid and frustrating why they can’t see a bug report was generated and give me back my character. Total bullsh@#

4 Likes

Because that would be softcore.

1 Like

The Hardcore category is essential because the Hardcore style of play is an iconic Diablo playstyle that is different from normal play and has its own considerations and community around it.

Topics that should be allowed include:

• Tips for Hardcore survival;

• Discussions about effective Hardcore play;

• Strategies to beat certain types of elites or bosses which are unique to Hardcore;

• Builds and tactics unique to Hardcore;

• RIP posts when players lose their heroes. Individual posts are very important! Forcing these into one long thread diminishes the uniquness and value of each individual life lived in Hardcore, and the time and heart the player devoted to nurturing that character, and the genuine grief many feel when losing them;

• Complaints about DCs and deaths due to bugs, etc. Although none of us particularly enjoy reading these, people need to be able to vent so they can move on and start their next hero. Hardcore is a deeply personal and emotional experience for many players, and venting is a part of grief.

• Other topics I am not thinking of atm that the community will generally accept by consensus. (I may update this list upon reflection to add more).

Topics that should NOT be allowed (or relegated to a subforum):

• Trade posts. These get out of hand and quickly overwhelm constructive conversation.

• LFG/LFC. (Looking for Group/Clan) Hardcore should have subforums for these; they may or may not be needed depending on how the players adapt to using in-game tools, Discord, etc., for grouping up. But PLEASE don’t allow this spammy chatter in our main forum!

Hardcore should not be merged or subbed to another forum. Hardcore is a special and iconic community/playstyle in Diablo that should have its own respected space. And 2 or 3 MVPs, please, instead of just the 1 we had in D3. Thank you.

Respectfully submitted,
Galx

Stay safe and get lucky tonight!

5 Likes

They gave my character to the hall of fame, but no response on my ticket yet if they are going to fix this issue or rectify the problem. I doubt it, as they didn’t help in D3 on similar runs. But having spent 24hrs in one go playing the game I felt robbed and wronged. But I’m building more characters and trying again as I’m not going to let it stop me from playing.

3 Likes

Let’s gooo!!! Going for my 6th character :rofl: 4 of them died because of me, one died because game freezed :skull:

2 Likes

I was going to write up a long list of reasons for a separate HC forum but Galx him most of them.

The one thing that I’ll add is that having our own separate HC forum in d3 made a huge difference for many of us. I’m glad to see that we have one in d4, as well, and I hope that you keep it separate for as long as you have d4 forums.

1 Like

OK… So my game froze while playing… my internet was 100% fine…
reason i know is cause i was still listening to YT Music in the background…

and yes… game got disconnected… and i came back to a screen showing me to create a new character.

Now… I’ve been a Hardcore Player in Diablo since Day 1… way back from Diablo 1… 2… 3… and now 4…
Guys… This isn’t a joke anymore… This is getting ridiculous… how can we still not have this problem fixed where your character stands like a idiot and await execution while the game freezes or your line disconnects…
Surely by now we should have a proper way to resolve this…
Make the Character invulnerable the moment the game notices a Disconnection… or make the time be like 5s… instead of 20s…
5s disconnection detection is maybe enough for your character to survive standing there like an idiot getting mauled to death…
20s… is a 100% death sentence.

I havent even been playing the game for 2 weeks and i’m already considering a refund… cause if i can’t play this game in HC mode… i have no interest in playing it at all… I don’t play SC…

and yes… i want a reply that this will be addressed… not just some dear john letter that is written by AI or automated responses…

2 Likes

Hi! I was wondering why my only option is hardcore mode. Isn’t there an easier mode to choose, if so why don’t I have any other choices?

From the perspective of a PoE player, the thing that makes Hardcore fun and/or viable is persistence of the player’s economy. Losing toons and equipped gear is expected.

Overall, maybe some people play this mode for the challenge. But my personal reason is I become bored with the game when failure is meaningless. With infinite time, anything can become god-like in softcore.

You don’t have to choose Hardcore. If you don’t select it, just leave it unchecked, you will be placed into the normal realms by default.

Stay safe and get lucky tonight!

More like what we shouldn’t post here… like complaints about lag deaths

1 Like

HC is pointless right now, they created an immensely flawed game. I understand disconnects happen, but one every hour or 2. that is ridicules. We paid them money, they failed to give us reliable service. they should be paying people to test out this beta they put out there.

2 Likes

had the same problem bunch of times, bump this

2 Likes

Just saw your post and you wrote this on June 3rd. This exact thing just happened to me and its July 27th. This makes playing HC literally pointless because you can lose your character at any given time because of something blizzard programmed wrong. absolutely crazy imo