Watch the Developer Campfire Chat at BlizzCon 2023

Watch the Developer Campfire Chat at BlizzCon 2023

Live from BlizzCon, join the development team for a monumental Campfire Chat which reveals the future of Sanctuary.

View Full Article

2 Likes

The only thing devs should be allowed to talk about is how they plan on rework itemization in the game to make items the main source of player progression and power.

Everything else is just marketing. I understand blizzard spends a lot of money to convince people that this season is not a mess but this season is a mess. Even if every activision bot account shills on reddit, this season is still a mess.

6 Likes

Dear lord no. No more D3.

Now, the only thing they should be allowed to talk about is how they have finally seen the light, and are making it into a Grim Dawn clone.

Well, that, and lots of nerfs.

2 Likes

How do you think it is a mess? Only real problem i have with this season are the bugged builds and the vamp powers feeling way overpowered. I see a lot of people complaining about the helltides not being perm like the BH and i get that one.

2 Likes

Because itemization sucks? Literally not 1 exciting item now. Uniques are eh and bland and Uber uniques are worse then legendaries in most cases. So yea a game that evolves around loot that currently sucks is in a bad state imo

3 Likes

Why? Just go play grim dawn then… diablo needs to be its own game.

Yeah, that will go over well. They definitelu need to tune the monster health better though. They should play eternal and judge the enemy hp off that. Then have whatever seasonal power they add only be minimal not absurd like some of the vamp powers or barber.

I can only think of one uber unique worse than other items. As for uniqes being boring… my build uses 3 of them. Sometimes 4. The new ring is pretty fun for a rogue. Its like having a 2nd shadow imbue. The new chest is fun to proc too. When i think about the bad itemization i just think they have too many overlapping stats or stats that are similar but not exactly the same… chilled and slowed for instant… yet it all can fall under cc’d.

Of course.
Still, you pretty much cant make an original idea in a game these days. And Blizzard especially cant. D4 wont be original. It should merely try to learn from the best games.

They can’t tune monster HP better when the issue is imbalanced builds and items. If they increase monster HP to the top builds, they just leave most builds even further behind.
Only nerfs will work here.

Definitely yes.

I really hope they aren’t planning on announcing an XPAC without fixing the game first. That will be in really poor taste and a huge slap in the face to many of the current customers.

3 Likes

Go and play animal crossing then. What should give power if not items? :smiley:

I mean… it would just follow the dame pattern as d2 and d3… lol

1 Like

Items should give power. But not

Items and character (skill trees, paragon boards etc.) should equally be part of the player progression and power.

2 Likes

So basically, items should be the main source of power. Thank you for making that obvious.

I literally said the opposite :woman_facepalming:

remember diablo 3 had a loot 2.0 update with ros expansion ?

yes. the itemization in based d3 was terribad too
than they fixed it somewhat

but you could actually craft items in d3 and reroll perfect stat on item
we are here starting from the stone age here in d4 lmao

1 Like

Who cares. The only way ARPGs work if items are the main source of power, not uninteresting mechanics.

Even the youngest and most casual little timmy can understand that killing a mob and looting a good item is more fun than clicking a paragon point.

Stop arguing against yourself.

D4 itemization is lightyears ahead of D3 RoS itemization.
Mostly because all other A-RPGs itemizations are lightyears ahead of D3 itemization.

Only bad A-RPGs work like that.

1 Like

This game has so many fundamental flaws … its sick and borders Gross Negligence.

“Gross negligence is a heightened degree of negligence representing an extreme departure from the ordinary standard of care . Falling between intent to do wrongful harm and ordinary negligence, gross negligence is defined as willful, wanton, and reckless conduct affecting the life or property or another.”

This game has had, I kid you not, over 1,000 “fixed issues” in 3 months. And there is literally a list of things that do not work. Not to mentioned Dupes. And the greedy predatory cash shops and ads. And they use their paying customers as Beta players … that should be illegal.

3 Likes

Thank you bot for typing this because this proves you never played any ARPG on the market.

1 Like