Zmonk Greater Rifts

As a newbie monk player, I have a few questions. I have been fortunate enough to have been able to beat GR 144 with a 4 man team. My questions revolve around the two top zmonk builds. When I check the leader boards, I see two different builds. Some are dual wielding, while others are sword and shield.

My questions are:

1. Is there a hardcap/softcap for bonus to health via globes. I am currently sitting on 237k

2. Regarding IAS%, what should I be aim for as a dual wield vs a sword & shield

3. Regarding Amulets: should I go for the amulets that provide healing over % of dmg or increase pylor duration

I want to understand and learn how to play a better Zmonk since I am enjoying this class so much. I only have 1275 Paragon, but am able to hang with the big bois. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

My two cents.

1. There are 6 pieces of gear that you can get globes on, (shoulder, chest, amulet, ring, ring, boot) and the 7th source coming from the shield. If you are dual wielding swords, then your globes should be around 228k / 260k if with shield (considering all of it are ancients). Shouldn’t be a cap for the % bonus.

2. For IAS%, basically you would want it everywhere you can get it as that translates to how much you can heal. (weapon, weapon, ring, ring, glove, amulet). This is just my opinion but I believe that people use shields for the added toughness and stats (usually stormshield where it rolls 4 main stats, 2 secondary stats - reduced damage from melee/range are most helpful or globes). Previously read somewhere that you want at least 3-4 IAS rolls. Personally, I have around 3-4 as well because I use rings to roll All Resist so I do not have to augment any INT to any of my gears. Its really up to you. If its on the leaderboards, there are those that dual wield and those that uses shield, that means that they are both viable. Additionally dual wielding swords provide IAS bonus as well but sword/dagger and shield combo is not too bad, given usually you equip pig sticker which comes with an extra affix and daggers have a decreased attack cooldown or whatever. In other words it attacks faster than a sword/mace/axe/etc.

3. The current build for monk revolves around using captain crimsons and flavor of time. So try to fit those in there however you can. Imagine conduit pylon having double the duration.

I would say, just keep experimenting with the gear that you have and adjust accordingly. If you are alive and your teams alive, you are probably doing something right.

1 Like

awesome. good feed back