zDPS Bubble Wiz (Fun Stuff)

With extra items acquired I decided to make a zDPS Bubble Wiz. I experimented with the following:

~https://www.d3planner.com/319297146~

I did a GR101 test and with 3x DH’s and it was a super fun cake walk (no deaths).

Since zWiz is not set in stone there is quite a lot you can try and see what fits best. The only really necessary things to have are DMO4 bonus, AW for mobility, oculus and dr (OoID and Karini can cover that + DMO).

Some grouping (ranslor + twister or black hole/supermassive or event horizon or spellsteal) is great to have so I agree with your build

Bone chill is 33% Dibs, excellent for increased damage. You will probably need zodiac to continuously spam frost nova

Crimson would not be my first choice. You need cdr more than rcr but the former adds useless damage. Also, rcr is covered through slotting in multiple pieces + power of storm + shame of delsere. Not having it lets us equip zodiac so cdr is not needed as much.

Primus is debatable. 3/5 runes are excellent, 1 (time shell) is ok but stun is horrible for grouping enemies. On the other hand, you miss quite a lot if you don’t wear it

Invigorating gemstone is a must without a barb, you need cc immunity. Stone gauntlets add 60%+ dr in this scenario but fitting nemesis could be a problem.

An issue is trying to fit active skills, there is so much that’s useful but only six slots. Biggest drawback: no healing for your allies.

1 Like

@alex:

Yeah no healing is a big draw back even with like 60-75% damage reduction. However, that is only an issue when above GR101. The RCR from crimson is for the damage reduction which means you can stand in the crap and barely lose HP so even a stun or freeze in most cases will not kill your zDPS Wizzy. With a large blanket of bubbles the DPS can usually survive stuff.

I disagree about grouping. The bubble stun can be used for clumping mobs together at the bubble edge and and then Ranslor/Twister can collect them. The stun can provide some additional defense for the DPS if they equip Ancient Parthan Defenders. At above GR101 the stun might be an issue.

Barb-less CC immunity is pretty sweet with Ivigorating gem. Invigorating gem with stone gauntlets is awesome.

In my little experiment I had 2x UE-6/Crimson/Multishot DH’s and 1x Shadow-6/Impale DH. The most annoying thing was not having the cool-aid potion so that I could just break walls that would slow down my DPS team.

With the patch 2.6.6 changes zDPS chars outside of Monk/Necro are much more useful/viable. It can break up the monotony of the journey in season especially with a relaxed group of friends.

1 Like

Don’t forget about strongarms. Ranslor or BH pulls proc it and it’s a significant boost in damage. Even snow blast rune can be useful for vyr dps (although single target). As said, many options for non-meta zdps wiz.

1 Like

What dhs were you running with and do you think they would be able to do 101 4man without you doing anything? My real question out of it. Are you making enough of an impact in the group to be worth taking over anything else.

Don’t get me.wrong I like the idea of zwiz. I’m just wanting to understand just how much benefit it is. For instance could you run 110s with a zwiz in the same effectiveness as say rats (or even a little slower) or are you going to barely finish it.

@shadowforge:
The DH’s used are listed in my post.

• 2x UE-6/Crimson/Multishot
  • 1 Shadow-6/Impale

You pose a very good question. Look at the planner and see what the zDPS Wizzy brings to the table.

• 30% damage reduction from DMO4

• 25% damage reduction from Bubble Exhaustion rune (stun rune = 100% damage reduction but is limited)

• 10% damage reduction from Toxin gem

• +10% crit chance from Ice Blink

• +6% crit chance from Conflagration passive

• +10% increased attack speed

• Ranslor’s groups white mobs, which can be clumped on top of elites

• 80% enemy move speed reduction from Bubble Time Shell rune
    (enemy move speed reduction is higher with Ice Blink and any cold attack)

• +15% damage taken by enemies from Time Warp bubble rune

• +10% damage taken by enemies from Toxin gem

• +10% damage taken by enemies from Cold Blooded passive
    ** Leoric’s Crown can be swapped for Strongarm bracer, in the cube, which gives an additional 30% increased damage

The above refers to just the first build in the plan at the top of the list,
“Karini_OoID_CC_RCR_LPS_Gizzard”. The build can be reworked to have Black Hole: Event Horizon so that an alternative grouping option can be employed and the removal of elite effects.

While the devs won’t allow us to perma-freeze like Frozen Lands, we can blanket the map with bubbles such that the DPS can move and reposition at will with coverage.

Update/Side Note:
IMHO, the devs need to do a background update to Ranslor’s to allow it’s proc to vortex in elites and non-elites so that there is parity with the Briggs’ Wrath ring.

1 Like