"You must own Diablo II (2000) to post on this forum"

It is being odd.

To start with I had to log out, clear cache and cookies, log back in and wait. Then it picked up my D2 2000 flag. All good

D2R took like 30 mins and even with logging in and out it did not let me in. Eventually it did.

Then today it suddenly told me I had neither license again.

I have no idea what exactly is up.

3 Likes

I am running into this issue. Sometimes it will let me in other times it will not. Sometimes I can reply to a post but it will not let me create a new thread. Other times everything is working.

also cant log in there… strangely i cant even talk in the OG diablo 2 forums, even though i own like… 5 copies of the original game and its expansion XD

I think I figured it out. If you click on the top level it is the master heading and looks like GD, but it is not.

You need to be on master level > General Discussion

Go back out to the forum main menu then click the GD sub category under the D2 2000 header

Those are now read only and it has a warning to go to the new ones.

3 Likes

Okay, I’ll try that. Thanks for the tip.

It is not intuitive.

They are organized into a top level which LOOKS like GD but is not. You have to click the actual GD part

Also read the part about posting on the GD level of the forum not the top level.

3 Likes

Got it already. Thanks.

I was not logged in to the D3 Home Page. (It loads too slow when I do. Including Game Guide and all its links). I only log in to the D3 Forums. Everything runs smoother for me that way. (Using Firefox).

First, I logged out of the D3 Forums. I went to the D3 Home Page and deleted the cookies. I went to the D3 Forums to confirm I was still logged out and deleted the cookies. I closed the browser tab and reopened it. I came back to the D3 Forums and logged back in.

All is good now.

I’m not sure what you mean. I can reach the Diablo II: Resurrected Forum by going to the Forum Index and clicking All Categories. It’s currently listed at the very bottom.

I’m sorry. I don’t see that. (By “GD” I’m assuming you mean “General Discussion”).

Or, did you mean:

Edit: I just found this:

No. I am sorry.

Forums default list is all forums.
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d3/

Then under that you can pick a sub forum. for D3 they are all spread out. However for D2 2000 and D2R those are actually a second set of forums.

Forums > D2R (main level) Diablo II: Resurrected - Diablo 3 Forums
Forums > D2R > General Discussion General Discussion - Diablo 3 Forums

You have to be on the sub sets of forums under the D2R and D2 2000 headings to post.

3 Likes

I guess I didn’t scroll down far enough on the D3 Forums Index:

3 Likes

Yes - that is what I am talking about. You have to click the GD section under the main header.

1 Like

I believe I’m beginning to understand.

• If you click the Diablo III: Resurrected box, it takes you to that forum, where the subforums are not listed.
  • You have to click the specific links listed in that box to access those subforums. (As seen in the image below).

1 Like

It would seem to me their most loyal fans would have made the purchase already. Some “true” fans we got here eh?

I was so exited about Diablo 2 remake.
Then i saw the graphic was like 10 years before the diablo 3 ones.
Seems like diablo 2 will just be the next ’ warcraft 3 reforged’, give us back money and apology, ty.
It’s 2021 boomers, seriously …
What a shame !

1 Like

I for one will be happy when they finally have a permanent intuitive home for D2R. It’s…janky, currently. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I suspect the reality is that the work to move to a completely new and unique domain will take some time and this was merely the quick and dirty way of achieving a similar result, albeit an unintuitive one.

i guess you are trying to post on “Top” “New” “Latest”.
Choose a subtopic like General Discussion and it should work.

2 Likes

I know, right?

It took me a while to figure it out too. But, even though the “dedicated” D2:R Forums are here in the D3 Forums, most of us keep posting here, in the D3 General Forums instead of the Diablo 2: Resurrected Forums or its subforums.

From the D3 Forum Index, scroll down past the PTR Forums link.

I guess those who haven’t pre-purchased D2:R have no choice though.

Yep I Hear you. Same Here I posted about a month back something about the SOH in game item. and now I cant even find my post its like blizzard deleted the old forum. To make this new on 4 only ppl that have already bought the game. Its a Sad sad day that blizzard does’nt want to hear criticism from the DII fans.

I could also post there in the beginning but not anymore.

I had a post that was moved there from this forum, then I couldn’t respond to any of the replies because I didn’t own the game. :man_facepalming:t2:

1 Like