You can't see stuff on the ground

When you kill something or open a chest, box, barrel or what ever. You can’t really see the stuff very good. That is using a Keyboard and mouse. Now if you use a game pad and if you walk near it. The item will show what it is in a little box.

Press ALT on your keyboard to show the name of all items on the ground in your vicinity.

It would be nice if this was toggleable, but this is not a bug.

Yes it isn’t a Bug, but they close the Tech support part of the forum you can’t start a new Topic. It will be a remember learning curve again.

Plus I just went and check now you start a new topic. Yesterday it said the new topic was close to new topics. ???

personally , multiple time in the countess tower , i did use ALT and it only showed the gold in the far end of the room and not the loot that were near my feet.
Probably due to the sheer number of loot there , and it seem to be even more the case in modern graphism , in legacy it sometime showed the loot near my feet aswell.

but eitherway, ALT i think should prioritize loot near you and overall loot/equipment rather than gold on the floor, especially when the auto pick up gold is toggled on.

Yeah when there are a lot of items on the ground this can happen just like it happens in the original game. Once you grab some of the gold the rest of the items will display. And you’re probably right about how the priority should be the stuff by the players feet, I didn’t notice any difference with this vs D2 but I wasn’t really testing it either.

edit- I just remembered there is a toggle for “item drop spacing” in the options that has a default setting of “Resurrected”. It’s supposed to make play with a controller better. So if there is a difference now switching this to legacy would probably fix it.

1 Like

people are often asking for a “loot filter”, it’s among the matter that are heavily discussed if it should or not happen as a toggle.
but if loot priority with alt is impossible , there should be one toggle to make it so “alt” doesn’t show gold for example, as they are most of the time the problem for making the screen flooded with names when pressing alt.

1 Like

Yeah if I could get rid of the gold and potions text while leaving everything else always toggled on it would probably be enough. We really don’t need control over every single thing when those two items account for most of the problem.

1 Like

i would rather be able to hide plain white item (not superior nor socketed) than potion personally , as i usually pick up tons of mana potion until i get insight. (or atleast have an option to hide gold but not potion even if there is an option to hide both as well , more options are always a good thing anyway)

But that aside , even simply being able to hide gold from the Alt-vision should remove this problem altogether.