You can run Echoing Nightmare in HC, here is the proof

Leveling from 1-60 in HC using Echoing Nightmare

Thought I would post this so we can stop asking for permadeath to be removed from Echoing Nightmare in HC. It’s kind of missing the point if they do.

3 Likes

Yeah, I just leveled a HC toon by running it 3 times. I had Flavor of Time cubed and grabbed the shield pylon right after the event started. I didn’t allocate any paragon.

First was similar. Overwhelmed around level 11 and got to level 60. Second time around, overwhelmed at level 15 and ended at two bars shy of 70. Third time around, I got overwhelmed at level 14 and made it to 70.

3 Likes

people arent happy unless they have to whine and cry about everything, especially americans…

This is not nearly the same thing as someone running a 120 and higher that proc’s and needs that outer 10 feet of rift to safely exit from.

1 Like

Love your sense of compassion.

1 Like

Well, currently there’s a bug that makes you practically immortal in Echoing Nightmares.

While the health of monsters scales on a fixed level, the damage is tied to the level of the game. But the XP & gem is also on a fixed level.

Echoing Nightmare XP bug - PTR Bug Report - Diablo 3 Forums (blizzard.com)

The only damage that seems unaffected are the meteors. But provided you’re level 70, you can go as high as you can kill with almost no fear of death. You won’t get any legendaries from the chest, but you get the full amount of XP as well as the gem.

But don’t expect this to stay by the season start.

I just play the game and don’t use bugs to my advantage.

I can tell you w/o a doubt that in HC if I am not constantly moving with explosions every where my HP moves up and down and if I’m careless I will rip.

I mean, I’m content now with the further changes. Basically because you’re forced to move, and the timer is much shorter, there’s little possibility that you can get 20+ levels higher than you normally could survive, such as it was before. It’s still chaotic, but survivable now.

But I still agree that there should have been a safe zone, or a way to teleport out. I would not play Echoing Nightmares with a group as it stands right now, even with the changes.

4 Likes