You are not getting offline mode for D4

Says the green lady. I guess because it’s a “realistic assumption” it must come to pass.

Their stance as it currently stands is unquestionably where it will always stay.

I suppose it was mere coincidence that yet another offline thread was shuttered minutes after your last words.

I guess silence and stealthy censoring valid feedback is part of their “improved communication”.

17 Likes

Anyone wanna take bets on how long before this thread is 404’d?

8 Likes

Blizzard already stated during Blizzcon that offline would not be supported. I doubt your feelings will change their position on the matter.

10 Likes

Your rigt, they can make a 1000threads And iT still wont come

2 Likes

Threads about offline mode don’t get locked or deleted because of censorship, they get locked or deleted because they descend into chaos - name calling, trolling, personal attacks, immaturity etc.

You want to talk about offline mode, do so within the rules of the forum. If politeness is too much to ask for then there’s no room for you in that discussion.

11 Likes

They have chosen online only for D4 and we should respect that choice whether we agree with it or not. If it is a deal breaker than get other games that have offline mode. Although with some of them that just released you might be better waiting till they fix all of the major bugs. Then you can give it them a try. Sure some of the new games will no doubt have broken builds (Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem I am looking at you). But still when all is said and done and the dust settles. The bugs are fixed, broken OP builds are fixed. passives that don’t work are fixed. Then that game could be a big success.

Offline mode discussions usually degenerates into that because the players that want it don’t like the fact that others don’t want it. Instead of tackling their concerns and proving that the dangers are not as bad as they think.

Or at the very least respecting their thoughts and concerns and just saying nothing, they use that type of speech that degenerates the thread into a flame war. All because they don’t like anyone disagreeing with them.

First, rude.

Second, dead horse is dead.

There’s no need for yet another post regarding this age old topic which has been debated ad nauseum. You’ve had plenty of answers and reasons.

4 Likes

Why should people respect that.

People dont respect a choice of a base “attack” stat on armor pieces either. Or ancient legendaries. Blizzard listened.

Nor will I respect a decision of free trading, no respec cost, no death penalties, weak itemization etc. just because it might be what Blizzard announces.

People obviously shouldn’t attack Blizzard, or other forum users, in a bad way. But disagreeing with other peoples views on how to design Diablo 4, including disagreeing with Blizzard, is fine.

5 Likes

Actually, “green lady” just repeated what a Blizz upper management lady said at Blizzcon 2019.

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I will not respect that choice.

4 Likes

As stated before: Nothing is set to stone. Blizzard can state many things but not always come to production, some of them change and some dissapear from final product. You can whine whatever you want but while there are players wanting for offline mode and developers are looking into feedback, there is a chance. Some change and some disappear from final product. You can whine whatever you want but while there are players wanting for offline mode and developers are looking into feedback, there is a chance.

3 Likes

Respecting their decision does not mean I have to agree with it and say nothing when they ask for feedback.

I respect they made a decision. I just don’t agree with it and voice my feedback that they should reconsider said decision.

2 Likes

That line above does mean that you show respect for the decision that they made. Disagreeing with someone doesn’t mean that you don’t respect the decision that they make. You can respectfully disagree with someone. Not showing it is what causes some to attack others for their choices. Plus it is something that others might not show for you.

The respect that I am talking about is the definition of showing due regard for the feelings, thoughts, traditions, wishes, rights, etc…

I am talking of the definition that is showing due regard for the thoughts, feelings, wishes, rights, traditions, etc… of others. Showing that kind of respect while disagreeing with them is good. Because that means that you are likely to show that respect toward others. Then others are likely to show it toward you. A lack of that kind of respect means that others might not show it for you.

With how D3 has turned out as far as online only being successful to what they were wanting as far as protecting their IP from pirates. Along with protecting the integrity of the game from cheaters that would dupe items or make modded items that would be used in the online portion. Then add in the fact that they said it themselves that there is will be no offline support at Blizzcon. Which was the same for D3 when it was in development.

Then add in all of the other features that are MMO like. Splitting the player base isn’t a wise idea here. So they won’t do that at all. Instead they will make it online only.

There comes a point in time when you have to give up on the idea of getting what you want out of a game. If you know that Blizz definitely won’t add offline mode to D4 or D3. If it is a deal breaker for you then it would be time to move on to other games.

There are other games out there some that have been around for a while like Grim Dawn. I have heard a lot about that game and might one day give it a try during a sale. Then others that have recently came out, Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem I am looking at you. Although with Wolcen I would probably wait for about two to three months to give them more than enough time to get the bugs fixed that will handle the major issues with the game that the players have been talking about. There are whole host of games that have offline mode. If Blizz doesn’t give it to you and they have good reasons why then like I said go to the ones that will give it to you.

1 Like

Fair enough. It seemed like you were saying people should respect it, and just choose to buy or not buy the game without showing their disagreement.

Such as this.

offline will never exist because the whole point of it is to combat cheating, not to limit your play choices. online games can have a server enforce sanity checks which simply cannot be done on an offline mode, where you can hack the client as much as you like.

1 Like

Does it really matter if people cheat offline? As long as you cant do it online.

9 Likes

For D2 remember the Baldur’s Gate gaming engine mod and the Jamela (sp) D2 Editor? Yeah, that’s what they are trying to avoid. EVEN THOUGH it’s offline and nothing to do with online, they are afraid that you will spend more time offline, because of all the mods and editors, than online with actual people.

Of course what they don’t understand is most of those gamers that would play offline, would eventually go to online for a different and legit gaming experience.

2 Likes

Which is bad how? Blizzard should be glad if people are playing more because they have a more enjoyable experience.

Indeed. Most people would probably play both online and offline.

4 Likes

That’s what got me hooked on D2. I would play online when my friends were online and offline when they weren’t.

2 Likes