You are not appropriately garbed to read this Tome

Then how am I supposed to complete the Slayer for s19???

Use another set instead of the new ones.

4 Likes

Both of the classes that have new sets are getting one of the older sets in their Haedrig’s Gifts and those older sets do have set dungeons for them. So, you get a set for free that allows you to complete the season journey.

If you want to play the new set then you have to farm it anyway so the fact that it doesn’t have a set dungeon is not a stumbling block as it is a farmed add-on. The fact that the new sets don’t have a set dungeon was probably why they didn’t provide them as the season gifts for those classes - otherwise what you asked really would have been a (somewhat minor) problem.

Personally, I only used the Monk set (Raiment) on PC to do the first “complete a set dungeon” achievement and didn’t bother to try and master the Raiment dungeon. I was already farming faster with a basic LoD build (WoL LoD with various natural speed boosts) than I could with the Raiment set, so that was all I used it for. By the time I was ready to finish the next chapter I already had Sunwuko5+RoRG so I mastered that dungeon instead.

On Console, I didn’t even bother with the Raiment dungeon or set. Basically, I got a TR LoD build going quickly and used that to farm and only did the set dungeons when I got Sunwuko5+RoRG which didn’t hold me up too much in the journey. Meanwhile, I switched to farming with PoJ as soon as I got enough pieces to use it and never looked back. The Raiment sat in my stash the entire time (I probably should have left it unclaimed, but I think I may have used the 2 piece gift for about half an hour to bootstrap the LoD build, still mostly just a time saver than an actual boon to my journey).

Your post is 3 days old, so I am sure you have done it by now, but to any others reading this thread (and weren’t aware of it) - It is not necessary to do the set dungeon requirement of the journey with the free set from Haedrig. It can be done by any class using any of the sets you desire. My personal favs (and easiest ones, imho) are Barbarian/Immortal Kings and Demon Hunter/Marauder.

1 Like

Hi. Im using a 5pc Valor-set for my crusader (have the 6pc aswell, but using the ring to reduce the amount of set pieces). My problem is that Im getting the info that im not appropriately garbed. I was sure that this set existed before and thereby should open the portal?

1 Like

I am sorry but the Valor set for Cursaders is new as of November 12, 2019. You can see it announced in the patch notes Patch 2.6.7 Now Live - Diablo III

The developers did not make new Set Dungeons for those and may never do it.

3 Likes

It is best not to dredge up threads from 11 months ago because the game has changed during that time.

The statement you were replying to was accurate 11 months ago when posted.

Sorry, Ms. Cheetah. I did not realize it was old.

However, the reason I posted is that I just encountered that problem with my AoV armor. Can’t complete the dungeon or read the tome (in Leoric’s Manor) even…

I understand that the Season Gift set does not help with a Set Dungeon this Season.

I really wish Set Dungeons would go away from Season Journey totally! Alas, they have not.

You are going to have to get another set the usual way by getting drops, Kadala, etc. The Set Dungeons require use of certain skills, but you don’t need to be super geared to do them. Sometimes people have to tone down the DPS even.

1 Like

You and me both sister.

3 Likes

So I just got the 6 piece justice set in Haedrigs gifts and they do not work in the Slayer objective. I cannot proceed

There is no set dungeon for the new sets. This topic has been covered by numerous posts and threads. Yeah, Blizz could have been a bit more clear about it (there was a blue post about it back when the new sets were starting to be introduced). The quest says to complete ANY set dungeon - doesn’t say it has to be the one you get from Haedrig;s Gift. You will have to farm a different set. You’re not stuck. It doesn’t take long and one of the conquests for this season is to do GR55 with 6 different sets so you’re going to be farming them anyways.

Google is your friend.

2 Likes

Do what everyone else does get another set, It is not that difficult if you think outside of the box.

Some people will not even read what has already been said, before they post something.

This blue post was from a year ago.

I know, and 99% of the time a quick Google search will give them an answer faster than waiting on a reply in the forums.

1 Like

Imo, Blizzard should consider adding an in-game tooltip text on the new sets that says something akin to:

“This class set does not have a set dungeon.”

Because quite honestly, it’s rather astonishing imo the number of threads we’ve gotten about this since the season started.

2 Likes
couple of things. Thanks for your condescending attitude. A year ago I did not even know this game. I have not played this for ever like some of  you, I am 67 and quiet comfortable with google what I am not comfortable with is the game jargon. A explanation would be nice. I do not know what I will need to do next I never have been there. So now you might want to explaining the technique of farming as in where and how.
2 Likes

That is what the New Player Help forum is for. There is also the game guide linked on the home page, which provides a lot of basic information on the game.

The Haedrig’s Gifts are just that: a gift to get you started in the game. They didn’t used to exist when Seasons first started, and we all had to farm gear the old-fashioned way.

Shift-J and do what it tells you to do for that particular quest.

This has come up in New Player, Bug Report and General Discussion enough that I posted this and asked for it to be added to the Things That Are NOT Bugs sticky…

Couple of things. I was not being condescending, sorry you took it that way. I was explaining there is no set dungeon for that set.

Every class has 5 separate sets that buff different skills and offer differing play styles. 4 of them (let’s call them legacy sets) have a set dungeon associated with them scattered around the game in hidden locations. When you have the set equipped and you are near them a glowing green portal appears. There are guides on the internet that tell where to find them and how to complete the objectives for each one. Icy-veins is a good starting resource site, also maxroll . gg

Farming is just a term used for playing and collecting items as they drop. Eventually you will find all the pieces for all of your class sets. Once you have one of the other sets completed, plus other legendary items to go with it, you are ready to tackle that set dungeon. You didn’t mention which class you are playing but if you have a Barbarian I highly recommend doing the Immortal Kings set dungeon - arguably the easiest set dungeon in the game.

You do not have to do the season objectives in order. Do others and come back to this one at a later date when ready. To see the other things to do, click that down arrow in the box at top of season journey screen (next to where it shows the current chapter. A drop down menu appears).

So, in short, run some bounties, do some Nephalem Rifts, run some Greater Rifts, Save all the green drops. Visit the two websites mentioned above for lists of associated items to keep an eye open for, etc…

I haven’t played for ever and I am 55, so age is no barrier.

Have fun.