Y.O.L.O. for Bolas! The greatest build never played!

Those 4K para are about 2 grs…

It’s on non season… get your facts before posting nonsense please

Well, the post I replied to did say 175%. I do however still maintain my belief that one ought to be increased with a 100%.

1 Like

Have you tried the amazing new necro set? a hot knife through butter on gr100 you say?

1 Like

Hmmm, good point. It sounds like it may not be the buffs at all. It could be that the two buffs (bow & quiver) are not currently multiplicative as they should be, they are getting added instead (2.50 + 2.75 instead of 2.50 x 2.75).

Or perhaps, they are not procing area damage correctly (or at all). Or it could be that the buffs and mechanics of the items are all correct and acting as intended but Bolas simply needs 3 times the buff that Hungering Arrow requires.

One fact remains though, Bizzard clearly intended to give people the option to use Bolas, or they wouldn’t have buffed the items at all. Yet, Bolas are being repressed around GR 80-ish; while Hungering Arrow is flourishing in GR 125 plus.

Hear my cries of havoc Blizzard and let loose the Bolas of Sanctuary.

At this stage, GoD6 Bolas needs to be roughly 12GRs stronger, this means each weapon (Leonine and Eminem) goes to 600%.

Yes, sadly this is the situation if anyone is to use it.

3 Likes

Bolas have massive crowd control, I don’t think they’ll buff it so you can replace a zDPS at the meta on a whim. Just chiming in to remind you that if they refuse buff, there’s an underlying reason to it.
Also HA-Devouring deals massive damage because it has a wind up and has to fit in a few conditions; bolas have 100% chance to pull in massive pack of mobs regardless of any. There’s a balance to the gameplay flow, if you have high crowd control, you’re not supposed to top damage as well just because you demanded it.

3 Likes

It sounds like you are afraid of losing your Monk spot in the 4-man meta. I personally don’t care what the 4-man meta is or becomes, nor am I trying to change it.

The current state of Bolas is unplayable in any sort of competitive capacity and falls roughly 15-20 GRs short of even hitting the bottom rung of the Leader Board. Blizzard obviously wants us to be able to create more builds and they wouldn’t have buffed Bolas’ items if they didn’t want them used. Let’s show Bolas a bit of love. <3

Someone else suggested a change to the (6) piece bonus that i liked a lot! Allow access to all Strafe runes, even if they had to reduce the current damage multiplier to do it. I thought that could be a lot of fun.

1. Icy Trail - Leave an icy trail in your wake that
	        deals 300% weapon damage as Cold over 3
	        seconds and Chills enemies for 3 seconds.

2. Drifting Shadow - Movement speed increased to 100% of
            normal running speed while strafing.

3. Stinging Steel - Throw out knives rather than arrows that
	        deal an extra 140% damage on Critical Hits.

4. Rocket Storm - In addition to regular shots, shoot off
	        homing rockets for 130% weapon damage as Fire.

5. Demolition - Throw out bouncy grenades that explode for 460%
            weapon damage as Fire to enemies within 9 yards.

Suggested Set bonus verbiage:

(6) Set:
    Strafe gains all runes while you have Momentum stacks
    and all primary skills deal 10,000% increased damage.

Suggested Bolas Item buff:

Leonine Bow of Hashir	( 250% - 300% )
Emimei’s Duffel		    ( 275% - 325% )
1 Like

Add strong arms as well. The vortex pull acts as a knock back and gives a little more damage. With the new buffs I tested both bola and HA and HA did win out at higher GR’s. The down side of strong arms is you are pure glass.

1 Like

Cause maybe Bolas is intended for zdps or utility based the same way some Demon Hunters are dualing primaries such as Hungering Arrow and Entangling Shot.

Personally I like fiddling around with Hungering Arrow + Bolas. It feels like it should have potential together since Hungering Arrow works well for clearing trash, and it’s easier when monsters are bunched up.

Creating Bolas to be a main primary instead of a utility based skill I think would be a bit overpowered. It creates a good amount of crowd control already, and on top of that you want it to deal significantly more damage.

…Sounds like another WW/Rend Barb Spin-To-Win Variant that everyone is asking for…

2 Likes

If the Devs want Bolas to have great damage I think a solid buff would just be to change Leonine Bow of Hashir to this:

Bolas have a 100% chance on explosion to pull in all enemies within 24 yards, and also deals 15-20% increased damage for each enemy pulled.

4 Likes

Hmmm, you think Bizzard added a (small) damage buff to Bolas’ items because they intended it to be used as zdps, really?

I definitely don’t want a Spin-to-Win DH, I think that would be horrible. Nor do I understand how buffing Bolas would turn the set into a Spin-to-Win set. However, everyone is entitled to their opinions.

lol BONE SPEAR hahahaaaaaaaaaaa

This is a very unique idea! Not sure if it would be quite enough all by itself but I would love to give it a try. =)

Then you get Tethrys for a boss and close the game. Right now those two Bolas items need to multiply out to ~49x to match the power of Devouring Arrow.

Here are some quick results for GoD6 Bolas:

• GR120 cleared (100% success rate)
  • GR123 cleared (3 keys)
  • GR125 failed (20 keys so far, best time 15:26)

In all of these setups, I took Dawn in cube, I had 125% AD and 31500 dex.

1 Like

Mhm…I would prefer the old proc chance of 35 % to pull but higher dmg buffs on both items.
If I need 2 weapon items to play bola, then it should be a bit stronger than HA wit only 1 item. And the new set should be have a 15-20 k multiplier…
But I really enjoy the game play of the new set… thank you blizz for this :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oddly I don’t believe it, nor you should lie to yourself. Bolas have area damage and massive crowd control capabilities, it’s not unexpected to see them doing mediocre at the terms of damage output. It’s also not unexpected that they’re not performing well unless you kite enemies for a massive aggro to clear them.
They’re spammable generator skills not bound by anything but your mouseclicks, only limiting boundary you have is when you use Strafe with GoD and that’s pretty much sustainable.

Do you know how many entities and calculations have to go through server traffic upon one cast if that thing applies? You didn’t say anything about priority but those entities spawned has a small tickrate separated from Strafe projectiles as well and they spawn at the same frequency more or less.

So with that change, each second Strafe shoots out; homing rockets, bouncing grenades, foot long knives and an icy trail coming out from the character at the same time. That’s nearly quadrupling the Strafe’s tickrate, that can cause a slogging mass of lag spikes on high density areas already because of mass calculations and position checks for area damage.
There’s a thin line between being optimistic and unrealistic, I say. That thing sounds borderline overpowered and not performance friendly.

1 Like

Wouldn’t add anything, the only rune that does anything is the movement speed one, the primaries you randomly shoot out do 300% the damage compared to strafe.

1 Like

Don’t need to show you anything. I wrote = if you think paragon points does not matter anything, you should go do some research

1 Like

It’s true, in order to truly benefit from having every Strafe rune, the (6) piece set bonus would need to buff ALL damage by 10,000% instead of just primary skills. I still think it’s a great idea though.