Years of War Conquests confusion

GR 55 solo with 6 full set bonuses. Each class gets 5. I think the class sets can not be equipped by a different class. Newish so may be totally wrong on that.
So how do you get the 6th set?
Do I need to create and level another season toon to get this conquest? Seems damn silly if so. Its suppose to be a conquest for my current toon.

I also keep reading how easy this is. I am not so sure on that.

Yes, you have to create a new toon.
For this conquest, I always keep some Bardiches and Puzzle Rings (Ancient are better for that) and, when my toon is at lvl 70, I ask to the community to help me to do these “runs” in T16 to try to get items.
With this trick, you benefit from the level of other players, but they also benefit from the Bardiches and Puzzle Rings.

1 Like

Some class sets are not actually class-restricted.

For example, the Barbarian’s Immortal King set is intended for Barbarians, but it can actually be equipped by any class. As it’s a STR set, you could wear it as a Crusader and still get the benefit of the main statistics on it, but the set bonuses wouldn’t be granted. The Sunwoko Monk set also isn’t restricted, so a DH could wear it, and so on.

But the easiest thing to do is make a 2nd seasonal hero, get it boosted 1-70, then farm bloodshards on your main hero, and spend them on the alt to gear it up.

2 Likes

I’ve never tried it, since I agree a secondary character is easier, but does Legacy of Dreams work with “non-class sets?” I doubt it does as I am sure the items greenlight even if they’re not actually applied.

The Legacy of Dreams doesn’t work in this case, you need to have a full set (6p or 5p+RoRG) to complete one of the six.

Yes, you need to wear a set. The question is whether the set you wear can be one that gives you no bonuses, for LoD to apply.

1 Like

Good question. Not sure if it’s mentioned on Maxroll or other site(s) and too lazy to look for it. Maybe someone could test it.

Legacy of Dreams

• While you have no set bonuses equipped every legendary item you have equipped increases your damage dealt by 3.75% and reduces your damage by 2%.

• This bonus is doubled for Ancient items.

Someone who has done this before might remember if the Set Bonuses are highlighted? If so, even though a Character wouldn’t benefit from those Bonuses, it still might not allow LoD to work.

The image / description don’t match. You’ve got the icon for the LoD gem, but you’re put the text Gem of Ease next to it.

1 Like

It was late. I was tired — Brain fart. Edited. Thanks.

I tried using a monk with DH shadow set and LOD gem. The 2,4 and 6 set piece effect are lit green (equipped) and the LOD gem doesn’t work (since there is set effect equipped). The shadow set effects are DH only so my monk doesn’t get any benefit.
I don’t think wearing set for other class worth the effort, since lvling 2nd character to 70 is not that hard.

1 Like

Is it really possible to finish years of wars with one class? I tried on eu server with a crusader wearing immortal king set: i don’t get any progress in the conquest, i don’t even recorded as “finishing with 6p IK set”. I’m quite sure i finish gr55 in 3minute 12second using thorn bombardment, 5pc IK with rorg and no LoD gem

Edit: sorry, just searched old topics and find out that IK is not working for that method.

Edit 2 : After trying all 11 possible set in 6 class (don’t have necro DLC), only 5 sets work for crusader; Mote (barb), Natalya (DH), SWK(monk), Zuni and Jade(WD).
Sets that failed : IK(barb), Invoker(crus), Shadow (DH), Inna(monk), Vyr and Tal Rasha(Wiz). I used a barbarian for invoker set.