[Xbox Series X] D3 only runs at 1080p

Diablo 3 runs 4k on Xbox One X but only 1080p on Xbox Series X. Please fix it.

3 Likes

any update on this? this bug really sux for xbox series x users.

I just got Diablo 3 Eternal Collection for my series x yesterday and yeah, it’s definitely not running at 4K. What gives?

Please fix this, it’s very disappointing!

Any update on this issue? Still not 4k :scream:

Any updates Blizzard? With all the hype around Blizzcon, Diablo Resurrected and Diablo IV, I loaded this up on my Series X to and the graphics is locked to 1080p. Looks worst than on One X. Very disappointing!

Adding support to this issue being fixed… not really keen to buy the xBox Series X if d3 isn’t running properly on it.

Just out of curiosity, anyone played d3 on xBox One S and know what resolution d3 runs on it? Is there any easy way to check it?

Has anybody from blizzard addressed this yet

Any updates on this?

It sure would be nice to get some kind of an acknowledgment of this issue from Blizzard. They’ve patched the game multiple times and the bug remains.

It’s safe to say Blizzard is completely ignoring this issue, then. It’s been 6 months now since the Series X|S consoles have been out. This is a bummer, to say the least.

Please ? I just picked this up on sale.

It’s hard to want to buy Blizzard games if they won’t fix basic issues. Please support us, so we can happily support you!

1 Like

I’ll add my frustration to the mix. I’ve been following this since the series x release, what gives Blizzard?! Patch the game for the console so we can enjoy it. Way to burn your customer base!

The game running at its coded resolution is not a bug. That would be like plugging in an old VCR to my 4k tv and playing A VHS tape. The TV is obviously not going to display the standard resolution on the VHS tape in 4k. Thats not a bug. By the way, the game runs at upto 1080p on xbox one s/x.

Wrong, it runs in 4k on xbox one x, the fact that this isn’t resolved after all this time is infuriating.

Yeap, D3 runs at 4k on Xbox One X, but only 1080p on Series X. Fix this already Blizzard!

So I visited a friend recently who also solos d3 on xbox. A while back he picked up a Series X and we took a look at where to find what resolution it’s running… this was a bit of a surprise given the content of this thread. From memory content in this thread followed a similar comment without much detail in another place… possibly a Reddit.

So the Series X seemed to be running d3 in 4k. I snapped a shot of where to find the config setting and some of the settings details to find the same on my One S back home and compare a few details.

Turns out the One S is also able to run 4k. I thought i had seen a while back on a wiki page that One X did support 4k and One S did not, however I checked there again today and find One does not support 4k, but One S and One X do support 4k. Unsure if that changed or I initially had misread it.

TV specs shown from xBox settings while running D3 (General -> TV Display Options -> 4k TV Details) were a little different at my friends place on his TV using Series X and at home on my TV using xBox One S. I’m not across these details that much to know if that’s a difference in the TVs the xBoxs or both. Anyway, here’s what they show…

Series X at my friends place on his TV while running d3:

TV Resolution

• Your TV supports 4K UHD at 60Hz
  • Your TV setup doesnt support 4K UHD at 120Hz

Playing Games

• Your TV setup doesn’t support 120Hz. Games won’t display at 120 FPS.
  • Your TV setup doesn’t support HDR10 for gaming. Games won’t be shown in HDR.

One S on my TV while running d3:

TV Resolution

• Your TV supports 4K UHD at 60Hz

Playing Games

• Your TV doesnt support 4K 10-bit at 60Hz but you can upscale to 4K by choosing 4k UHD TV setting
  • Your TV setup doesnt support HDR10. Games won’t be shown in HDR10.

There were 3 display options in both cases - 4k UHD (in use), 1080p, 720p.

Most players in this thread don’t seem to have mentioned what model TV they’re running on or whether they’ve picked up a Series X and tried it on their TV yet.

Checking / posting the details in settings as shown might help to diagnose any issues people are experiencing after getting a Series X and plugging it in and comparing to their gen 3 xBox.

My main concern when I posted earlier in this thead is if I upgrade my Xbox One S that it wont result in a downgrade of resolution. That seems to be confirmed now.

Hope it helps to move this thread forward for people.

Well Blizzard themselves and Microsoft has confirmed that Diablo 3 does NOT run on 4K on Series X and they claim they are working on a fix…so not 4K on Series X.

Link? (2o characters)

It Does not run 4k “PoE does looks 1billion times better” all your stating is if your tv capable of 60fps 4k and a series x \ one x is Native 4k. Your 4k tv going to upscale 1080 to 4k even on a one s using a one s to upscale on a new tv is a poorer image then the tv. My tv confirms its upscaled 1080 under admin and system info on the smart tv

https://www.reddit.com/r/XboxSeriesX/comments/jttv05/diablo_3_not_4k_on_series_x/

Microsoft waiting on Blizzard to Do something