XBox One X characters lost twice now during multiplayer on same network w/2xboxs

Have 3 XBox One X’s here. Got the kiddos d3 to play with us. While trying to get them to join my wife and I in a party I added my account to their Xbox one x to try and remedy an issue with them joining our party. After joining their party while I was logged in on my other Xbox it said “another device was trying to access my account” my wife recollects. Then it said it was communicating with the other Xbox a loading bar went across the screen and character was gone on my Xbox. My wife hollered it was doing this when I was trying to log into theirs. Finally the kids’ Xbox allowed me to sign in and it wouldn’t let me join because I hadn’t qualified for the level yet. So I closed the game signed in again as myself and I had no characters. It asked me to create a character. So I did. And everything was gone except items left in my stash, Paragon levels etc whatever was still nailed down. But two characters, (all that I had on them) primal Ancients etc. gone. So I researched for hours. Reset Xbox, uninstalled reinstalled cleared local cache etc tried everything I could think of. Eventually gave up. Reluctantly built a new character so I could play with my kids again. Wife’s account is fine. Kids accounts were fine, unaffected.

Now,
We were running them through some grifts and teaching them how to play. I leave the game (wife and I in another room) and it pushed them into another game with one of them as a host. My youngest dropped out of game and made other kid quit game. So it brought oldest kid to the main menu screen. Youngest tries to rejoin and sign back in. When he pressed “a” to join it asked him to create a new character. All his characters were gone. Other account is fine still.

Please advise.

There was no hacking done.
This happened on two brand new Xbox One X’s. With freshly installed (less than 1 week) d3 installations.

I would love to get to the bottom of this and am very computer/network savvy.

Please save me/us from losing hundreds of hours and hating diablo 3. We never had any problems on the switch. There’s no simple way to backup our save game!

Wrong forum. There is a bug report forum for consoles.

1 Like

Moving Threads

1. Click the pencil icon to edit your OP.
  2. Click the “Category” field to bring up a list of D3 Forums.
  3. Find the proper Forum and select it.
  4. Save your edit.

This will move your thread to the selected Forum, including all replies. (See image below).

Ah. Just caught that. Got it, thanks.

I can’t be the only one with this issue. Please advise.

1 Like

Not familiar with Xbox as I’m a PS4 player, but I’ve seen this issue come up A LOT about Xbox players just randomly losing their characters.

Anybody? I’ve seen quite a few posts but nothing official here.

1 Like

if you mean official from blizz, yea good luck. It’s some kind of bug or something on the xbox’s where the characters just mysteriously disappear. sorry that happened,

1 Like

I’ve just lost 5 level 70 heros with full kit from several seasons on xbox one x as well…

That really sucks. We’re you playing multiplayer?