WW Rend OP, but S19 season theme OK?

Why is it necessary to not clear the plateau of content in the game?

The biggest fault D3 has had since GR’s were introduced is that there was never an end, there was never a summit. You never felt like you completed something because quite frankly, you never did.

Blizz should not raise the cap, they should raise the power of builds to all clear around 140-145 solo, with some exceptional players accomplishing that 150 solo clear. It is a good thing for a game to have an actual end game, not an rng +5 main state power creep splurge that we play now.

Anyone who says power creep is bad fails to see that power creep rules the game right now in the form of paragon, which only players who play 500+ hours attain a level that is worthwhile!

D2 and PoE are great because there is a goal already laid out by the game, a clear cut plateau of challenge. GR150 is much in the same, and I feel that it should be beat solo

2 Likes

Floodgates have been opened for multiple seasons Botters own d3… !!

Only reason botters even matter is because players cannot clear the highest level of content the way the game is designed.

If we were all tuned to clear GR150 solo, skill is what would matter for those that want to compete, and nothing else, because it would become taking that build and turning into a fine tuned speed push for the fastest GR clear. That sounds like fun to me!

Lol people can’t pretend nerfing ww barb is about balance when they completely ignore the build that does 50x the dps of it

3 Likes

In typical Blizz fashion, I think many people (not me) think they went too far with the Barb buffs.

Again, I don’t think this - I’m happy that WW will be viable again - but it’s just my interpretation of the outcry.

3 Likes

^ this. :beers: (20 characters long)

1 Like

Even with people being able to solo 140s this isn’t true. 4p grifts using say a firebats wd, bell monk, multishot dh or ww barb won’t work because of the insane lag they will cause in 4p grifts at the higher end. Any super fast aoe damage ability causes so much strain in 4p grifts.

I have nothing against clearing 150 GR solo. I know I won’t live to see that happen though probably, but I rather do it using my chars skills than abusing a season theme or using any other exploit…

If it wasn’t for that constant power creep all of us would be lucky to solo GR60 while the “elite players” would be clearing max GR75-90…

It’s because of that nonsense power creep excuse followers suuck so much now and are only good for being CC slaves, because when D3 was in early BETA some “players” cried about followers killing the Skeleton King, so devs made them useless, by turning them into CC pets

I’m also sick and tired of people asking for nerfs, because they don’t like the buffed class or their favourite one was nerfed or whatever the reason they come up with…

They’re obsessed with balancing everything and think that nerfs are the only way out, because they’re too lazy to try and find a different way out by fixing the “weaker” legendaries or sets instead… They lack any imagination at all and refuse to give any feedback at all, so they just ask for nerfs, cause it’s the only thing they can do…

Any argument given to them is like talking to a brick wall. Even if you want all classes to be in 5 GR range and closer to actually solo GR150 instead of being stuck in max 140-145GR solo range for most dedicated or best players out there, while all the other are lucky to clear a GR 105-115 GR or less by the end of the season…

If we can’t clear GR150 solo or even GR130 as easy as we clear GR100-110 now after all these years, than there’s clearly something wrong with the game design…

Unless of course it’s done on purpose so everyone buy console versions and just breeze through GR150 with modded items…

1 Like

I feel like… No. Lamentation says “allows Rend to stack twice”. The bug with bloodbath isn’t anything new, just now being brought to light because of the recent buffs which makes sense why its infinitely times stronger.

Before the buffs, Rend would stack with the splash bleed, but nobody used Rend so it wasnt a problem. Now, the splash is applying 2 stacks which can then stack with 2 more stacks being applied directly.

It ofc, doesn’t affect the RG of a GR either way Im just saying if something isn’t changed, Rend only has 1 Rune. But in retrospect, it had zero before so technically it’s infinitely times better.

I thought Blizz confirmed several years ago that this is not a bug, and is indeed how it is intended to work? Rend and the Bloodbath are considered two different stacks of bleeding, so it would make sense that there can be 4 stacks.

It was known about in season 4 when 4x rend was a thing, and was programmed to apply a separate stack instead of just refreshing the duration, it would be a really underwhelming rune if it worked any other way, i really doubt its a bug

A bleed is not a Rend and should be able to stack with Rend. Im not disagreeing with this. The problem is, this splash bleed is doing all its damage at once so possibly a bug with Ambo’s. You’d have to test it with a skill other than Rend that applies a bleed and see if the damage is done in 1 second.

Even that could come back as working properly. If it does, you would then have to fix Ambo because it’s not working correctly with bleeds that originated from a Rend.

Im sure a simple check was forgotten.

Player applied Rend > enemy died and splashed another enemy with a bleed > Ambo assumes the bleed came from Rend because technically, it did and does all of that damage over 1 second.

Its not an easy thing to resolve because what do you check for? Did the bleed comw from Rend? Yes. Was is splash damage? Yes. Ok, check for splash damage. Ok, what is splash damage? Did this splash damage come from Rend? Yes.

I think the easiest way is to tell Ambos not to apply its “rule” to bleeds on enemies that have not been in contact with the player. But lets say this happens. They’ll bleed for a second or 2 before the player inevitably spins into them anyway which effectively solved nothing.

Im sure splash damage is a defined variable and they can just check for the bleed being applied by it. It may require rewriting how the bloodbath rune behaves, I’m not sure obv im not looking at the spaghetti.

At the end of the day, the enemy is going to yake 100% of the damage from the bleeds eventually so this is where we’re at. No other Rend rune is competitive for AoE and if you want Rend to do less damage (the people who do, anyway), you need to tone down the damage of Rend in general.

This doesn’t make any other runes viable and only hurts the build as a whole which only the Wizard mains are asking for.

i agree;
-make a WW Barb that can push with ease beyond Grift 80.
-and dont put in more complexity to make us ‘pay’ for it.

1 Like

You must have just come back from a long time and think gr 80 is still something. People are doing speed 115s lol.

Barb will be able to solo speed 105s just like all the other classes. I did speed 105s on my sader in S17 and 105s on my DH in S16.

When it comes to the angels, what is a good balance point. Should they kill the RG in 5 hits? What’s the difference there? They don’t last for very long, so if takes them 30 hits to kill an RG and they only got 5 hits in before the vanished, people will get upset. Not only do you have to hit 500 kills but you have to time it at the same time as the RG which is tricky.

Group play is totally different. It’s very easy to keep the streak going. If anything, I could see the S19 theme be tuned down ONLY for group play. While that creates a little better balance for 150 meta groups. Off meta groups and friends playing together will get the short end of the stick. However, if you don’t change anything, how many groups will bring a second trash killer and not even need an rgk? It could potentially change the meta for the season and as people pointed out, they like diversity.

1 Like

it’s not that;
my current WW-Barb can do an 80, not higher.

gotcha. Yea, currently the build is very weak. There are some great guides in the barb forums if you want to set the build up right pre patch. WW barb right now does T16s pretty well.

Another issue i see (and sorry for not being related to WW or barbs) is there’s a whole community out there that doesn’t want GR150 (or otherwise highest GR available) to be obtainable. I really dont understand the thinking behind this or that behind the need for 20 difficulty levels.

I go do GR150. Does that somehow affect your experience in game? All I see is a bunch of winers, now, theres two types:

One group doesn’t believe a game should be “beatable” and the ither doesn’t believe the game should be "beatable " by someone else. Let me explain.

The first group thinks GRs should scale infinitely into oblivion and noone should ever be stromg enough to do the highest one. These people, I can’t even begin to understand.

The other group, these people believe the highest GR shouldn’t be obtainable if it’s not by them. Everytime someone else gets close (how many “so and so player just did GR 1xx!!” threads have you seen?) they think the cap should be raised to give them another shot at completing the highest GR before the other guy.

Both parties need to chill. This isn’t your baby. If you enjoy the game, play it. If not, find something you do enjoy doing. If you’re looking more into it than that, you possibly need to rethink your life.

1 Like

As roid said, WW can do T16 very fast and easy once properly geared…it gets more complicated higher up. Mine can breeze through t16 and GR 80 but can’t get past 102 and this is with 2 primal BK swords and all ancients on the other gear.

As far as I have seen/read which I don’t get into the game mechanics as much as others, WW has a LOT to do with getting the right stats and needing higher paragon than most to push very high in GR…as of pre patch.

1 Like

I support Free’s Thread. If you’re against any barb nerfs do the same:

1 Like