Ww barb feels like glass

So I have run a Whirlwind Barb for a long time. It was my first viable build on the PC until they kind of killed it, but I came back to it on console because getting good drops was so much easier on the console. I started off with just General Legendaries, no sets at all and I can say you will get creamed unless you can maintain Fury. WW Barbs are notoriously squishy when they are not spinning and if you run a build like I do using Wind Shear rune on your Whirlwind you are gonna have a harder time killing single target enemies.
Best bet is to stack defenses early on then. Use a passive rune like Superstition to help mitigate damage or some of the Legendary Gems for defense. Once I was able to get some gear together I was actually successful without any set gear on my Barb up to torment 10-11. Once I had a 5 Piece Wrath set + Royal Ring of Grandeur my WW barb was taking on Torment 13-14 with little trouble. I have been tweaking the build for a while and with the Mantle of Channeling and Taeguk Legendary Gem (Rank 77) I can spin through Torment up to 17 if I am careful about bosses and single target enemies.

Im finding damage holding me back. Did 117 and only triggered cheat death once paragon 920ish. Go vit where possible no rend damage on shoulders or chest yet. Cooldown reduction wherever possible with berserker and bom 100% uptime its very hard do die. I use swords to plough shires for life regen and warcry impunity for extra all resist. I put no paragon into vitality at all but you can.dimonds in chestvand pants. Basicly im same build as the top clears exept i use cheat death instead of the extra damage passive they use and i only have 2 augments and 5 ancients. Cooldown is absolute priority and mortics brace of course

Niiice on the 119. I cleared a 117 and died right before the RG spawned and lost my double damage, Season buff and kill streak attack since the RG spawned on the other side of the map. Luckily i had a Festering on 1st floor with good mobs, so i had plenty of time to kill the RG… Took like over 3 minutes with no double damage or stacks from the Seasonal buff.

IB is pretty cool once u get use to it. Cant just hold WW down the whole time like with BK… Been a long time since i ran IB WW though. I played around with it S11-S12 a bit, but switched to Physical BK when they fixed the BK swords.

FoT is ridiculous to roll… HF has guarantee socket, TP has guaranteed crit damage and primal TP has a guaranteed socket on top of crit, and im sure some ammys roll with a guarantee elemental damage… FoT has guaraneed CDR and Movespeed lmao.

I am saying this since they started adding Sockets on hellfire ammy HF

this was a long time ago when some builds need HF, seriously back in those days there is only HF travelers ammy is still not even became a thing or seasons…

HF should get 15-20% Random element & socket… yes you can say I am lazy or stuffs should be handed to me in D3.

This is the way I see it… if a lucky player rolls 20% correct element/CHC/CHD on their first try… be it they are lvl1 or lvl70. that is the end of their journey for hunting keys warden.

Now vs most players who will spend 1 hour daily maybe across 1 week to few months hunting that 20%/CHC/CHD. Seasons was not a thing in those days so maybe it is not consider furthermore lesser builds now required HF.

Ammy has the MOST offensive stats in the game btw… think about it which item has 10%CHC & 100%CHD in them furthermore elemental %

people might argue come on you need to play in order to farm… sure if you are the person who manage to get HF ammy like above in less than 5trys or you want to be the person who farm 500-1K keys for maybe a shot.

Random elemental% & 15-20% just this 2 sloths is already a VERY BIG RNG number to begin with.

I mean if I would to change any thing or QOL I would make ALL Ammy 15-20% RANDOM elemental roll

1 Like

No ur not being lazy for wanting elememal and socket on ammy… That actually would be nice. Still RNG involved but not to the point where it takes hours to get a halfway decent elemental

2 Seasons ago with the LoD buff Wudijo streamed how many attempts to get a decent elemetal HF ammy… I forgot the exact number but im sure it was 500+ attempts.

Edit: I think it was 1000 now tjat i think about it. He streamed 2 videos of crafting 500 HF ammys at a time and only a couple were good.

HF at least has a guarantee socket… FoT has guaanteed CDR and movement speed

seriously both ammy are quite miserable to ever roll.

HF dun ever forgot you might get lottery luck 20% correct element/ 10 CHC/100% CHD but guess what it gave you passive you dun ever need LOL.

HF cannot be reforged so you hunt key wardens… IMO you are wasting your time, yes you can pick up DBs or maybe lucky a rainbow goblin in your key warden runs.

So if perfect 20%/10/100 your desire passive

Now Fot can be reforged so you can do bounties to obtain them, you need bounties mats eventually to roll OTHER items, next it can be farm from GR. furthermore you can do rifts. you need rifts keys eventually.

Next dun forget if you do not want to reforged you can always upgrade rares, farming FoT is not easy but you have a purpose unlike key wardens Act2 3 4.

Now if you have lottery luck

20% 10CHC 100CHD 8%CDR & double pylon time

as I mention both are miserable to start… HF ammy (if your build need) you are wasting precious time on key wardens… run act2 3 4 next kill 3x wardens holy crap… never forget HF is only strictly for 1 class because of the passive.

fot holy crap yes you need insane luck on hat roll but at least you can switch between class (if you are playing other than 1 class)

1 Like

I feel like I hit the lottery when I get a good amulet lol

I think I can still upgrade my equipment a lot so I’m going to grind a few hundred grift 100s till most of my gear is good and can augment more stuff

Squirts is viable for 4 man speeds using a specific monk support build with tranquility.

I agree.I still like it for gem leveling and solo speed.Terrible for pushing solo of course.I am about paragon 900 now and all I have gotten are trash FoT.About time to grind out a decent HF lol.