Would you recommend Barb or Monk for Hardcore?

Hey. so after collecting around 1000 Paragon Levels in Seasonal Softcore and maxing a Monk, Barb and Demonhunter I would now like to get into Hardcore, because of the thrill when playing and something is on the line.

Would you rather recommend Monk or Barbarian for HC ? I have played both and like them equally.

Thanks a lot in advance for all answers! :slight_smile:

My main is a Barbarian. Most classes can speed through Greater Rift 90 with some progress. Whirlwind is an easy hold mouse click build, but Monks have similar mechanics too. There’s a lot of things Barbarians envy with Monks, but still have fun with swinging two weapons.

I recommend barb

you can easily do t16 speed rifts with basic WW/Rend set…
semi optimized can do 90+
fully optimized with decent paragon can do 110+

I personally went over kill with the toughness I got mine to 7.5billion with everything rolling

Depends on the build. Monk has some nice ranged builds which allows for safer play in HC mode. Monk also has some nice utility skills.

Play both!

I’d start with Barb though, WW will boost you well and with little effort once you get it rocking. It’s rediculous at the moment.

ive got a barb and monk going and monk tempest is pretty much ww lite. both very effective and easy to play

I only truly had experience playing Barbarian, Necromancer and “Crusader” which I call Campaigner. I can’t recommend Barbarian over Monk, because I would never play a monk. Celibacy is not for me.

I play Diablo III in the hardcore mode only. I had a good time playing as Barbarian, Necromancer and a Crusader. This means you can enjoy these classes too. I can’t say you wouldn’t enjoy other classes because I haven’t played them. But I would wager that hardcore can be enjoyed with any class. Get out of your comfort zone and learn new skills. This is especially helpful for doing weekly challenges, where you are assigned a random toon.

No, you don’t…
https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/FoulquesIII-1976/career

2 Likes

I’ve been running what I call a HC Lazy WW Barb. Wearing Aquila Cuirass & Illusionary Boots in cube. It allows me to spin away doing GR80s+ and T16 bounties without fear of dying.

WOL Monk is also great in HC as you can blow everything up from afar.

As I’ve never really seriously played barb before, how much of that is the season buff, vs just the gear? Mainly being a solo player, and with next season’s buff being pretty much pointless, how far would someone truly get? I’m debating either a barb or wizard (my two least played classes).

Don’t really need the season buff to whirl through Torment 16 or Greater Rift 75. Don’t need Augments to speed through GR75 under 2 minutes if you have reached Paragon 800+.

Barbarian. With a dagger!