World bosses should not have a fixed schedule

Just like Diablo Immortal, I think it’s a mistake for events to have a date and time. In this particular case, if in the release game world bosses only appear on weekends, I will never be able to kill them due to family matters. What does Blizzard gain by leaving world bosses with a fixed schedule? Why not leave it like in WoW with a weekly attempt limit (in this case 2 attempts) and then they don’t drop items and reset every week. Everyone will have their scheduling problems and others won’t care because they play +6 hours daily, but leaving that flexibility allows us all to kill the world boss during the week.

1 Like

Release wont be like this. They will appear MUCH more frequently. They were every 25-30 min in the CB 24/7. This is just for these beta weekends…

but let the timegate cries commence.

6 Likes

Nice, ty for information.

It would be nice if there were triggers that we could accidentally or purposefully set off that would lead to appearance of a World Boss. I can imagine the feeling of whoops maybe I shouldn’t have smashed that weird looking barrel over there…

1 Like

The times for this weekend.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d3/t/d4-world-boss-spawns-four-times-also-daddy-is-home/58784

The way it currently works is nice because you have a heads up when its going to pop, so you dont HAVE to drop what you’re doing to try to get there before they’re melted. (Yes, they melt VERY fast)

Clan chat if you have a decent one, and world chat (if you don’t plan to shut down ALL public channels like I do) generally would give a heads up on time remaining so you could know not to start another dungeon, or make your way to be ready for the boss when it pops. If it was random like that, I agree it would be cool, but it also would be complained about so much it wouldn’t be funny, since more often than not people wouldn’t be able to get to it in time once it was initiated.