Wolcen's existence is a problem for Blizzard

blizzard will make more much money with the chinese market, so they dont care about wolcen

blizzard can’t make blizzard games anymore.
they do remakes.
if another person/company can make great games it is not a problem.
it is a wake-up call.

3 Likes

Wolcen is as shtty as Poe-1, probably even worse. Clunky animations, terrible physics, artsyle for 6+

1 Like

i wouldnt run my mouth on this one. i would rather sit in a corner patiently and wait. blizzard has been on the downfall for quite a while and theonly thing keeping the company alive are the players shoving huge amount of money into wow and overwatch.

blizzard has not done alot for d3 exept making the game toiddler easy for gen z and gen y. boomers, X, and millenials were pretty much waiting to see what happens.

exept adding necromancer in nearly a decade… and making season buffs way overpowered… not a whole lot has happened…

if blizzard doesnt come up with solutions it will get ugly for them… solution does NOT mean making the game even more easyer to please the tantrums of gen z, y and upcoming generation of gamers,

2 Likes

By the time D4 is released, Wolcen will have all the bugs and server issues ironed out, maybe working on an expansion and D4 will probably encounter error 37 all over again, and ontop of that cut content and downgraded visuals and be plagued with bugs just like Warcraft: Refunded.

1 Like

D2 modder types will enjoy it because of offline mode. Otherwise it will be an occasional diversion for most. The game is very derivative of D3 and PoE, very buggy and very unpolished in many ways.

Actually is. All streamer regularly stream for Blizzard are streaming now for Wolcen.

Like anyone cares about streamers.

2 Likes

actually every relevant ARPG atm is better than D3 and yes, wolcen is really nice. Hope they keep on develope and update the game and it will be great

1 Like

Blizzard/Activsion will never be a game of depth. Wolcens depth is off the charts and is casual friendly. Wolcen has so much going for it.

1 Like

well i bought wolcen in December!
and i can remeber having boutg Umbra 4 yrs ago.

i now started a new Char 4 times.
what am i doing wrong it is soooo lame and soooo boring starting the same lame “quests” again. the talking and cut sences and such are so annoying
the combat system is super boring

what the hell am i doing wrong?

i also want to share your good experinece

You might not be doing anything wrong .
i have grim dawn since ea and i have less time on that then wolcen since its launch.
For some reason can’t get into it.
I have tried path of exlie at least 4 times but that game is not for me.

So could be just you don’t like it

Wolcen is hot garbage. The combat is disjointed and clunky, the animations aren’t fluid at all, and act bosses are overtuned to all hell, and the resource management is idiotic. The Act I boss is utterly ridiculous, even in story mode.

Finished the campaign yesterday. Definitely mostly positive. Combat is fluid. Bosses are fun, didn’t feel overtuned at all.
Build customization is pretty good, even if I’d always want more.
Itemization is the weakest aspect so far. Not bad, but a little simple.
The resource system is quite interesting though I am already getting to a point where it feels like endless resourses are reachable.

The game definitely needs more content added to stay relevant, but a good effort for a new release.

I like Wolcen (currently in the middle of Act II, playing with a friend), but I don’t believe it is a serious competitor to D3 (or D4). The graphisms are beautiful, but the story is a bit too complex and some of the fights are too hard and frustrating (I am not looking forward to fighting again the Act I boss on a harder difficulty…). Also there are no leaderboards , which is too bad for those like me who like to compete :wink:

All games that either have an online portion or are online only always have some sort of launch issues. I haven’t seen any game that launched to date or know of one that didn’t suffer some launch issues.

D3 on NS is suppose to have the same thing. Where offline characters cannot migrate to online. But still season 18 had players on the leader boards with modded gear.

Also it doesn’t handle the fact that pirated servers would come forth.

Now if someone could create a better solution to having a hacked free cheating, other than botting. Along with things that could be added to prevent pirated servers from springing up that would be better than online only DRM then by all means either learn about it and tell Blizz.

It was because the higher ups of Blizz seen that D3 is a failure as far as not being worth putting more money into it. They knew it would be better to cut their losses on it and develop D4 and I agree with them on that call.

The reason it took so long is obvious. First of all it was under development by the original creators of the Diablo franchise Blizz North. Then after employees leaving and Blizz Irvine shutting it down in 2005 Blizz Irvine took over development. So instead of using what was done, they scrapped it. After all what Blizz North done wouldn’t be in harmony with the way that Blizz Irvine develops games.

They have chosen online only DRM as the means to protect their game from hacks and pirated servers. Until something better comes along to replace it that is not only superior but cheaper. Then they will keep using that method because they see it as a success.

That is Wolcen’s identity just as D3 and D4 have their own identity. Why not hate games like Guild Wars 2 that is a buy to play no sub MMO with a cash shop. D4 is not any different here they are using the cash shop to further monetize the game and you will be able to play D4 just fine without ever having to spend a single penny on it.

That cash shop is there for those that would want to support Blizz further than the initial purchase of D4.

A Druid class for this game is out of the question for the classic team. That would take a whole lot of time and effort. They would have skills to make, model of the characters, five class sets, support legendary items for those set builds, etc… In short it would be more of an expansion than just a huge patch for D3.

No offline mode for D4, no matter how you spin it, it won’t happen.

oh yes Grim Dawn. its uper ugly and feels awfull

POE. oh my gosh back in 2012(?) in beta phase i played it parallel to Diablo 3. the graphics are super ugly. but the passive system… jesus christ!

why is there not just a perfect combination of D2 Skilltree system which made levleing up purposefull; in contrast to D3. But taking one or two advantages of D3

POE is over complex and the Wolcen passive system seems to be also too complex. at least they made this 4 rings so that it is easier to navigate through and get a sense of it. but at the end this is just too much. putting in more is never the best solution.

if one has to write an academic paper or thesis for example the real effort is to choose the most important info and arguments and not putting in 40 arguments and at the end none of them is really precise.

but have like 5 instead of 40 and all are precisely foumulated and operationalised is the real effort.

Lol even with how shallow of a game D3 is compared to d2, wolcen doesn’t even come close to the depth of D3… Wolcen is a fun game until you reach end game… hmm sounds eerily familiar

Wolcen had some interesting ideas initially, but a lot of that was scrapped and what we ended up with was something extremely similar to D3, but with buggier systems - netcode, for example, seems to still need some work. Because Wolcen is so similar to D3, I don’t think it will be able to compete with D4 when it releases. That may be why they rushed to market after early reports of D4.

I think the graphics uplift with POE 2 is more of a threat to D4… but POE 2 will probably have been out for quite a while before D4 comes to market, which should give Blizzard plenty of time to evaluate the competition and make adjustments if needed. Also, a good portion of POE 2 players will still likely pick up D4 to try as well, at least initially. Longer term, maintaining a larger playerbase in order to drive revenue for MTX and seasonal content or DLCs is more important, so this might become a question of who can continually draw in players with interesting and predictable seasonal content and updates. D4 devs have already said they are designing to make that kind of content generation quicker and easier with D4 than in previous games, though it is a challenging thing to solve. We’ll see how that goes.

In my analysis, D4 is in a pretty safe position at the moment. It will likely still be the new hotness when it releases, and will be able to generate a large amount of sales, even though it’s a long way off. Based on what we’ve seen from D4 so far, even other potential competition like Lost Ark or Project TL have probably already missed their shot to get established with at least the NA market.

I find it humorous that all news of this game stopped once the shills went away for it. Anyone aware there was new content released for it in December? I had no idea until it updated in Steam.