Wizard speed builds? (Have one)

So a quick sum up.

(300 paragon wizard, seasonal hardcore, around Torment 9 solo)

I have a teleport build with some lightning and stuff, which seems to work ok. Tried the firebird thing where you are suppose to cast 3 different fire spells on the monsters and then they should burn to death. Couldn’t get that to work at all. The ignite didn’t seem to last or do what the item say it should.

Anyway, Im playing with a friend that is playing Barbarian around same level (slightly higher).

Now he is moving pretty much as fast as I am when using teleport, which is great. However I was wondering is there any other way for a wizard to group with him, if im not using a teleport build?

If im not using teleport with no CD, I have to be lucky to see the remains of the mobs that he didn’t one shot?

I know he can choose different builds, like at the moment he is using a WW one, but have also done others, might be called a charge build… but my point is that I feel sort of locked in my build if we are going to play together, as I constantly have to stop to do damage, while he can attack, charge while moving and still one shot everything, as he have some Rend thing that applies to everyone he hits or crit or something. (Sorry can’t remember all the names of the items and abilities)

Anyway are there any other builds that you can make as a wizard to keep up with him or is it only teleport or GG? :slight_smile:

(Had the same issue with my necromancer and WD, just couldn’t keep up and makes you feel locked to one way of playing or just useless. Which is really boring… as there is no real reason for us to play together if he can’t move fast or I can’t keep up.)

Flashfire with captain crimson and ahglids can clear t16 and grift 90 with just ok stat rolls. Use rorg in cube, ingeom in cube or weapon or wand of woh whichever is better. Offhand is infinite depth. Halo of karini with convention of elements and tals amulet .

Stat priority is cdr, cc, chd, fire%, int, armor, vitality.

Skills

1. Ex blast: chain reaction.
  2. Frost nova: frozen mist
  3. Diamon skin: prism
  4. Teleport: calamity
  5. Lightning dmg signature spell
  6. Storm armor: power of the storm

Evoction, illusionist, elemental exposure, damage to close targets.

Cube: woh/ingeom, aquilla, rorg.

This is a stupid easy build to play. I use it for farming since the devs refuse to ever let explosive blast be great. At 76% cdr missing it on some rings and amulets. This will pull the same numbers as legacy of dreams with just ancients while being easier to build.

Thanks, your idea seems a lot like what im already using. Just with some slight changes.

What im using now, again sorry for all the items names etc. Just don’t know what they are :smiley:

I have teleport with Calamity and the cube passive that removes CD. The I use Wave of force with the static pulse, to turn it into lightning and get more mana.

Then I have Black hole with the rune that removes elite stuffs.

The rest are not really active skills I use, as these are Magic weapon, Storm armor and Familiar.

For my passive skills I use Paralysis, together with the ring that deals 14000% damage to enemies that are stunned by it.

So these are the main stuff. I have teleport on right mouse button and just black hole and Wave of force on two buttons. So its very easy to just jump around and kill stuff.

However I would like to use some of his other abilities like Hydra, Blizzard, Disintegrate, I mean just the other abilities in general for fun. The issues is that using Teleport with calamity, it just doesn’t make a whole lot of sense to use them, as you have to stop and start casting them, they don’t 1 shot stuff like wave of force does. And having to stop constantly to use them, when playing with a barbarian that can use varies builds and still have his speed and being able to one shot everything, means that each time I stop, he is getting further and further away. To the point where he is at the exit to the next map, while im still only half way through the first map, and that is basically just by running after him, without actually killing anything. (If I don’t use teleport)

So my issue is, that if I use teleport to keep up with him. Using anything other than AOE spells that deal a lot of instant damage is the only thing that makes sense. Im not talking about just random mobs getting 1 shotted, its packs and rift guardians as well, that he attacks. They are pretty much all instantly killed. So starting to cast blizzard or using a hydra etc. wouldn’t do any damage anyway as there are no mobs left. :slight_smile:

So what im asking about, is if there is any builds for a wizard, that doesn’t require teleport, because to me, it kind of ruins the idea of a lot of his others spells that are slow to cast and doesn’t instantly deal a lot of damage. While still being able to keep up with my friend.

Again to me, I just feel stuck in the teleport, instant damage build. Whereas he can choose different builds, while still being able to one shot everything and blitz through the maps.

So are there any builds for a wizard that doesn’t require teleport, but allows you to keep up?

check out icy veins tal farming build it wont let me post links?

just go with this so you will have materials to upgrade the set you want to play. you won’t be carrying but you will keep up and helping a lot. shrines for more elites etc.

Do you refer to this one?

I like that he seems to be unkillable :smiley:

But looking at his hotbar, it seems a bit to spamming the keyboard for me. So I decided to make a barbarian as well for some double WWs :smiley:

Thanks anyway though.