Wizard Please Fix

I must say that im not one of the guys that wanted the FB nerf to happen, but what yall did was awful. Making a wiz a Fire blade melee class is so stupid. When you think wizard, you think as a range character. Why in the world would you make FB an melee build its awful, and you can see on the leaderboards that wiz are struggling. Yes the mirrors were really stupid and unhelpful 80 percent of the time, but at least they are better than the **** yall just put out. Hell the adding that pets cant trigger the 6pc set was the stupidest idea yall have ever thought of. Any wiz only really have two good decent pet skills, the stupid mirrors and our three headed dragon. I mean come on, please un-nerf this build. Take that stupid crap out of the FB cant be trigger by pets.

Its not like the FB is going to be the strongest this season, the Witch Doctors are killing it. Just undo the stupid crap yall pull out on the Wiz

7 Likes

The Shadow Clone on the pet gem is bugged.

It is a bit interesting that everyone goes right to flame blades, I would think magic missile conflagrate with mirror ball, fragment of destiny, and shame of delsere would be a better range version at least (attack 100% faster at range with 3 fire missiles). You could even cube the smoldering core with meteor shower perhaps to lure lesser foes into the way of meteor which should trigger a ranged version of FB 6pc proc. I know it’s not as effective as the current mirror images build, but I just thought of it off the top of my head.

1 Like

I like that build a lot. It’s not as good as flame blades, but it’s far and away the best way to play MM. Can do GR115 in 5 min, so can electrocute.

Maybe im in a minority here, But as a wizard main, i wasnt a fan of the jank that was the mirror images. i missed the timer on a few good rifts because the AI, Which wasnt intended to do what we were using them for, were hiding in a corner rather than engaging the boss.

Jank isnt fun, i can say for sure the current version of the build isnt a strong, but its much simpler and sometimes that is great. just my 2 cents.

I have to admit - I never managed to understand how this set really works. If we read the set description we see - there is NOTHING about damage of the skills or the weapon themselves. It says: “deals Ignite damage multiplied by Combustion stacks.” Which must mean there is NO skill damage in the formula. Potentially we could use ANY non-chanelling fire spell, right? But it doesn’t work this way. Tornados were low in this build, fire hydras were also low even when we could use them.
Why the set description doesn’t explain how it’s working? I still don’t know why exactly the Fire blade is the strongest spell here.

Flame blade swipes are actually three little swipes, so they proc 6-set bonus more times. Explosive blast has a cooldown but can be cast while channeling so benefits from death wish. That’s why those two are strongest post nerf.

Mirror images had both. 4 mirrors casting flame blade while you were channelling. So that was even stronger, but you had to deal with the moody AI of the mirrors.

1 Like

Then why tornados or giant hydra or fire sphere are that low? Mustn’t they deal periodical area damage?

Hydras are pets so don’t work any longer. Twisters or and other fire skill works but just don’t get nearly as many 6 piece procs. With fragment of Destiny and delsere you can get 5+ attacks per second with signature spells, which means 15+ 6 piece procs with the triple hits of flame blades. No other skill can get to those numbers.

You can use other skill like the fire magic missiles, but it won’t be as much damage because it’ll be fewer procs.

I meant hydra before the nerf which I already wrote above.
The rest of the answer is clear. Too bad the game itself doesn’t explain this set is all about attack speed.

The hydras had some limited use pre-nerf, when it was played as dedicated RGK, as they had good single-target damage. Only the no-rune hydras procced the 6-set, the mamooth hydra didnt afaik. But the skill bar was quite contested in that build, and usually you got faster clear by using another skill that buffed your mirrors images instead, and you’d be more useful throughout the rift.

1 Like

I 100% agree with you!!!

Wizard is my favourite and therefore my main class.
For me, Wizard is also a ranged class.

Unfortunately, in my opinion, the Wizard now has a lot more builds and options for melee combat than for ranged combat!

For many builds, Spectral Blade and / or Explosive Blast (with Orb of Infinite Depth) are essential, and in the Tal Rasha build, Teleport with Calamity is actually essential!

This then forces you to melee!

I hope that there will be adjustments to this soon, so that finally new possibilities and builds for ranged combat will emerge!